Votes: 29 23.6%
  • Big Shot

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Twilight Zone

Votes: 66 53.7%

• Total voters

night

May 18, 2012
I am surprised to see that Funhouse is not on the top lits, it's such a good table. Ok, Funhouse, Black Hole (yeah!), CftBL, Theatre of Magic and Cirque Voltaire.

N

Nik Barbour

I am surprised to see that Funhouse is not on the top lits, it's such a good table. Ok, Funhouse, Black Hole (yeah!), CftBL, Theatre of Magic and Cirque Voltaire.

Love the real 'Funhouse' but on xbox it's way too easy. Played one game recently, got to the one hour mark, and deliberately let the balls drain - I was bored of playing.

Got a strong suspicion TZ will be the same on consoles. Still can't wait though! :D

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Gorgar more popular than Black Knight? I'm surprised to see that, maybe due to the PS3 version being crummy?

I think that is absolutely the reason. IRL I far prefer BK (heck, I own one!) but the TPA version of Gorgar looks, plays and sounds much better than BK on both console and mobile platforms. I hope they revisit the art and scripting of BK someday.

Ironically, I've probably played BK more than any other table on iOS TPA... but that was more to document all the bugs and errors I found than for enjoyment!

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
TotAN: The theme. And whacking the lamp is fun
CftBL: Again theme and I love 2-ball multiball
Taxi: See CftBL
Big Shot: The only table you can play when there's only a few minutes of free time (e.g. lunch break).
TZ: Too easy, but it's TZ!

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Its a pity we couldn't vote on our complete order preference rather than just top 5, HD could be number 6 on everyones list :D. Seriously though it would be a lot more acurate.

Good point. I think there should be a thread on it. Still though there are players like myself that don't play on mobile platforms The PS3 still doesn't have scared stiff, big shot, and Twighlight Zone. Like I said I've played the demos on my SG3 and the field of view is so small to really see what to do.

That said. From the list of 16 tables available on the PS3

No good Gofers - Crazy stuff and the randomness of the modes while 'putting out' is so enjoyable Making a 'hole in one' shot is so satisfying.
Medieval Madness - Stacked multiball Madness! There is so much more to do that smack at the castle.
Taxi - Simple fun and brings back memories of playing this table in real life
Theater of magic - Loved the theme and different 'tricks' Easy table to play yet difficult to get all the letters
Monster Bash - the table is fun the comments are hilarious, Stacked mutiball, Just a fun table
Ripleys - Challenging which I like, So much to do just like TZ will be, like the idea of getting each bonus from all the modes when finishing all the continents
Funhouse - Smacking Rudy in the mouth is a blast, Just a fun overall table
Bride of Pinbot - Mastering that left ramp makes this table a bit easy for me. Still a very enjoyable table
Tales of Arabian Nights - Like the variety of shots in each 'mission' although sometimes it's irrelevant if you can gain jewels much faster shooting the sinkhole that's lit
Black Knight - Classic table that I've played a long time. It might not be the best adaption, it still brings back memories
Harley Davidson - This isn't as bad as people say. I like the variety of multiiballs
Elvira and the party monsters - Fun table. But I think it's just to easy spamming that right ramp gaining extra balls
Creature of the Black lagoon - Also another fun table albeit too easy
Black Hole - Classic I can't get into it as much as the other more 'modern' tables out there
Criqus Voltaire - I thought enjoy this more, but it's too similar to Theater IMO
Gorgar - Just can't get into into it

Last edited:

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I chose:

1.Gorgar
2.Black Hole
3.Big Shot
4.Monster Bash
5.Arabian Nights

I picked them based on what I play and enjoy the most on TPA, not necessarily my favorite in real life. I do prefer the older tables though. Most of the time I don't care for video modes and dmd cut scenes. Just give me some drop targets and bumpers and I'm happy. That said, I do enjoy all the tables on TPA and I like DLC packs that have a newer table paired with an older one. 1 request: MORE EM's!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Ok I have to do this by memory, the selection of 5 was tough .

Circus Voltaire
Medieval Madness
Bride of Pinbot (which is why I bought the game)
Theatre of Magic
No Good Gofers

I do believe Circus Voltaire will be bumped and replaced by a premium table as soon as PS3 get theirs, probably Twilight Zone .

Last edited:

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
CFTBL
Scared Stiff
Monster Bash
Twilight Zone
Ripley's BION

I wish I never played a real TZ table. Seems to have taken the fun out of TPA's TZ. Way too easy the way it is set up. Takes the fun out of it.

Malpeine

Oct 9, 2012
(sorry for my bad English)

For me, the choice is easy for the four first : FH, CFTB, Taxi, Elvira PM (the four table, i play the most). In 5th, i pick MB (but i like BoP, TOTAN, NGG too).

I barely play the others.

(Forget to say, i'm on PS3. So i can't tell for the three last tables)

Last edited:

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Well I guess I am one of a few People that love the Harley Davidson Table :) I love Stern Pinballs at all. My list looks like this, even if TZ is not released yet on PS3

1. Monster Bash
2. Ripleys Believe it or Not
3. Theatre of Magic
4. Harley Davidson
5. Twilight Zone

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I chose Black Hole, Gorgar, Taxi, Black Knight and Bride Of Pinbot. I would have chosen Big Shot because I like
the simpler EMs (I owned a Capersville and a Mariner), but TPA's take on Big Shot really sucks, IMHO.

I believe the pinball died because the games got too complicated and expensive in the arms race with video games, which is sort of funny,
because the successful video games never have evolved overly complicated game rules like the later pinballs had. And you simply can't attract
casual gamers with ridiculously complex game rules. And that leaves you with a small group of
enthusiasts and experts to extract monetary units from.

And that didn't work so well.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Twilight Zone: obvious choice, needs no explanation.
Creature from the Black Lagoon: just a tremendously well balanced table that requires a wide variety of shots, and some creative juggling for the highest scores.
Big Shot: heartless, cruel, and unfair, but i cannot stop coming back!
Monster Bash: love the music. love the toys. love the huge variety of shots required. fantastic climax. it feels like a big-budget, fancier version of Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Scared Stiff: i like both of the Elvira tables. they are both very solid, addictive tables with great themes. some days i prefer the simpler, more instantly accessible ruleset these offer. i picked Scared Stiff when i voted, but i sort of wish i'd picked Party Monsters instead, considering how little love it's getting in this poll.

a note on Elvira and the Party Monsters: it is scoring very low in this poll i THINK because it just doesn't quite crack many peoples' top five, but if everyone ranked ALL of the tables, it would probably appear in the upper half, generally. i could be wrong. i don't think Party Monsters has nearly as many haters as Black Knight, Harley Davidson, or Gorgar.

and finally ... i'd like to see this poll again once TNG comes out ... it will certainly be on my list!

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Party Monsters was one of my favorites! Maybe it's the TPA implementation, but Scared Stiff just doesn't grab me the same way.

This was actually a really difficult poll for me to fill out. I had to leave off Funhouse, Cirqus Voltaire, Creature and Big Shot, and those are all tables that I like very much and probably would have voted as a favorite at some time or other.

For that matter, I even enjoy Black Knight a lot; the TPA version has problems, but the appeal of the original table still shines through.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
...my choices:

Theatre of Magic - I actually haven't played this in a while, but it was the first table I came to love through TPA, and a go-to game on the XBox. Great flow and the playfield is really good-looking.
Monster Bash - The table that taught me mode-stacking. I think this is actually a good table to introduce players to more complicated rulesets; it's not too hard but it's fairly deep, with multiple wizard-ish modes leading up to the real wizard mode.
Taxi and EatPM - There's just something about these late-Eighties alphanumerics. I think they hit a sweet spot of complexity for me; the goals are fairly involved but I can imagine mastering them. Both have excellent flow, too; Taxi's crossover ramps are a classic.
Twilight Zone - Is Twilight Zone.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I don't think HD is that bad. Plenty of multiballs and I still haven't reached Milwaukee so that's a goal.

Big Shot doesn't get nearly enough love. Although the layout of the table is basic and drains constantly, I love the fact it requires skilled nudging and proper aiming.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Harley is awesome. I was stuck between choosing that and Gorgar as my #5, but I chose Gorgar since, well, that is my name

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Black Hole - NEVER thought I'd like this one but its becoming my most played table. One of the more interesting paths to multiball I've seen and LOVE aiming for a drop target and hitting the right one!

Cirqus Voltaire - Would be my absolute favorite if they would tune the physics. So many different objectives and multiballs. Neon Multiball is my favorite of all tables!

Taxi - Always a rush scoring the jackpot. Love games that have a big build up to jackpots instead of giving you 250k for a ramp. Still haven't been able to do it twice in one game :(

Monster Bash - Universal monsters started my life long obsession with horror movies. Toys and mode stacking are fantastic!

Theatre of Magic - just a really fun table overall. Tight lower play field keeps you on your toes at all times

Last edited:

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I think what kills Harley for me is that video mode. I hate video modes on pinball and never want them to happen. GROAN. I loved Harley at first, but it does video mode waaay too often. It's like playing one of those Tiger handheld games while waiting in line for a roller coaster. I feel the same way about quicktime events on the newer console games. Too fluffy and it gets in the way of the real gameplay.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.