Websites Getting The Word Out On The Twilight Zone Kickstarter Project

bk2k

May 23, 2012
Full marks for Pinside.com for approving my story though, at least they'll be a link on the front page for a day or two to the arcade and Kickstarter.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Here is a link to a recent article on pinballnews.com. http://www.pinballnews.com/news/sfopinball.html Tell me how this meets their scrutiny and how it is "more real or tangible" then pinball arcade! This is a virtual (non-emulated) pinball game using touchscreen. Sounds to me that pinballnews is just trying to be gatekeepers and shoving their bias on others. Screw that site. As a side note, kind of a cool thing to have in your hotel lobby!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for the link, but my intent was only to show that websites were trying to get the word out on The Twilight Zone Kickstarter Project, but feel free to post new links as they become available.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
A couple of websites are starting to promote the Star Trek : The Next Generation stretch goal. I hope more websites follow suit and this extra promotion helps the Kickstarter Project reach or come close to $110,000.

GoNintendo

HardcoreGamer

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
A couple of websites are starting to promote the Star Trek : The Next Generation stretch goal. I hope more websites follow suit and this extra promotion helps the Kickstarter Project reach or come close to $110,000.

GoNintendo

HardcoreGamer

I bet it would go nuts if there are some Trekkie websites or forums that would start promoting it. Maybe even sci-fi in general. If there was a site that caters to the community as a whole there would still be interest that the Twilight Zone aspect (though already accomlished) would bring to fans.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Yeah... $110k isn't happening, but that's okay. I'm thrilled to be getting Twilight Zone for now. Hopefully Star Trek will become possible in the future. It's not like there's a shortage of great tables coming.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I wouldn't say that, it's just harder to promote because the table is a stretch goal. Looking at the Kickstarter page, it's 98% about Twilight Zone.

I've just emailed some people I know at CBS to find out who runs StarTrek.com, and see if we can get something posted to the site about the table.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I think once this Kickstarter is done and FarSight does one specifically for Star Trek : The Next Generation, the majority of people will feel more comfortable pledging and the goal should only be around $35,000.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Unless something miraculous happens, that stretch goal aint gonna happen. Needs circa $4K/day if it is and looking at it historically on Kicktraq, it's mostly been about $1K/day.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I just hope this TZ Kickstarter has proven that there is enough interest in these big license tables to make them commercially viable, which hopefully means that they shouldn't need a Kickstarter for every big license.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I just hope this TZ Kickstarter has proven that there is a lot of interest in these big license tables, which should in fact make them commercially viable, meaning that they shouldn't need a Kickstarter for every big license.

I agree...I would like FarSight to do one last Kickstarter to finish funding Star Trek : The Next Generation and then see how sales are when these two heavy hitters are released toward the end of the year.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Are there that many licensed tables that are sufficiently popular to even support a Kickstarter? Pinball fans all remember Addams Family, TZ and ST:TNG, but it seems to me that interest gets thinner after that. I suppose some of the licenses could be cheaper (Ripley's obviously was).

I'd love to see Doctor Who, but I don't suppose the probability of that is high unless the BBC is kind.

F

Franky

thing is, most of the people use the big consoles and as long as there is no dlc around, people don't feel comfortable to pay for nothing. once the whole show is running smoothly - everything is possible. but farside should be aware that a kickstarter is something to "kick start" something and that they need to get there sh.. together because the people won't buy every table for them.

@ Matt McIrvin

there are some more - simpsons, dracula, tales from the crypt, judge dredd, dirty harry, terminator, ... on and on and on ...

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Apparently the license for the Universal Studios monsters (for Monster Bash and Creature from the Black Lagoon) was inexpensive enough to be obtained without outside support, so at least some TV/movie-related properties are on the table. The two Elvira-themed tables are also seen as likely at some point - hopefully as a Halloween special.

TAF and TZ are probably the only two tables that command the universal appeal needed for a successful Kickstarter. And as I've said previously, while TZ succeeded and I'm very happy that TZ succeeded, FarSight can probably only drink from this particular well once more (for TAF), maybe twice (for the remainder of ST:TNG) before backers get irritated at the repeated requests for money.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.