What about this view.....

N

netizen

It's an interesting idea that has some serious pros and cons, imo

Playing as a mobile player primarily this is how I view the idea, other will see it differently.
the top 1/3 of the screen will be the back box, the area on the sides roughly equivalent to the touch zones in the touch config A would be the carpet/floor dead space, and the playfield would be the rest. Also not all machine back boxes can have live displays, unless the existing HUD was repositioned to be inserted in the backbox display position for the alpha-numeric ones.

As straight positive effects the side touchzone areas of floor space would be good as there would be no chance opf touching or interfering with the playfield while tapping.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, I would love a new view where the whole playfield is made smaller. Good call.

Note: The italics are indicating sarcasm.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
I would also love a new view where the whole playfield is made smaller.

Note: No sarcasm hints given here, you'll have to figure it out on your own.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I cant see on PS3, just like youtube posts lately :( Id glue a motion controller to my head if it meant being able to look where I wanted! :p

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
Would be too small for me, but as an option for someone with a mobile version that allows them to play vertically (iPad for instance) or someone with a ginormous TV, I guess it might be interesting.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Wow. That was incredible ball control demonstrated in that video.

It would be cool to see the backglass but I agree that I wouldn't want it at the expense of a smaller playfield.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
No thanks - I play on mobile devices only, but I prefer the playfield filling the screen space personally.

Flight2K released initially with space wasted at the top and bottom of the screen due to poor camera setup, this resulted in a lot of comments and posts asking for it to be fixed, so I don't think I'm the only mobile player not in favour. It really hurt the playability of the table.

If it's an option - whatever. Just wouldn't be one I'd use.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
no good on mobile devices. i want the play field to fill the screen as much as possible not shrink it . On a mobile device screen real estate is at a premium.

Sexton Hardcastle

Jun 5, 2013
a] I get the idea, but the playfield is just so small with it.
b] It's good that PAPA videos are around to make me see just how paltry my pinball skills are. It's like being slapped in the face by another person's awesomeness.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Would be too small for me, but as an option for someone with a mobile version that allows them to play vertically (iPad for instance)...

Of course, I'd love the playfield on my iPad to be shrunk down to the equivalent of an iPhone. Good call.

Note: Underlining indicating sarcasm.

sixmillion

Aug 9, 2012
On second thought, yeah the screen would be too small, but when I watched that video I liked how the back glass interacted with the game. Sarcasm aside, maybe this would work on the wii U with the two screens.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts