What are some Pinballs which have never been done which would be great?

Industrial_Foods

Nov 7, 2014
After going to a great gameroom expo, I have decided to sell my house and one of my kidneys (one I have harvested, not one from my body :) ) and have a custom pin made. What are some licenses \ themes which have never been made into a pin that should?

Some ideas;

Labyrinth Movie Pinball
A realistic Phantasm Pin (http://phantasmarchives.blogspot.com/2011/09/phantasm-pinball.html)
Willy Wonka Pinball. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIK5MS7hBSk)
Rollerball Pinball (Perfect... )
Clue Themed Pinball
King Arthur, quest for the Holy Grail Pinball (Something more serious that Medieval Madness and more intricate than black knight). Edit: Ironic since I just realized Monty Python and the holy grail would be a stunner of a Pin.
Drunk Pinball (Lights go on and off, flippers reverse, weird magnets everywhere)
A pinball based on the sesame street pinball animations (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLxqGrpkmkM)
Some Disney themed pinball.

What do you think?

Lots of great ideas here. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-5-pinball-wishlist

(A Big Lebowski Pin is a great great idea.)

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Licensed themes almost always suck. Let the designer make his own original theme.

EDIT: Maybe a theme of harvesting organs? If you must have a license, there is a well-regarded movie or two on the subject.

Industrial_Foods

Nov 7, 2014
Licensed themes almost always suck. Let the designer make his own original theme.

EDIT: Maybe a theme of harvesting organs? If you must have a license, there is a well-regarded movie or two on the subject.

Oh I don't think licensing is a must, but I do like the organ harvesting theme. One of the toys could be a bathtub filled with ice.

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
I've always thought a Twin Peaks themed table would be amazing! I'm hoping now that the show is coming back that this dream will be made a reality.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Make a pin based on a rock band where the theme isn't just "Yeah! Rock! Guitar! Face melting!" Something more progressive, maybe like Dream Theater or Muse. A lot of scope for some interesting imagery and toys there. Could even be a bit like Twilight Zone.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Army of darkness
Beast wars (or even beast machines, even though the show failed. Still could be a lot of ideas there)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The Crystal Maze was a 90s UK game show that would have fit a pinball machine so well. Players went through various fantasy-themed zones, took part in individual challenges in order to win crystals. At the end of the game the number of crystals they won equates to the number of seconds in the final challenge - the Crystal Dome.

I just described the show, but I could have easily been talking about a pinball machine there. It fits that well.

Industrial_Foods

Nov 7, 2014
The Crystal Maze was a 90s UK game show that would have fit a pinball machine so well. Players went through various fantasy-themed zones, took part in individual challenges in order to win crystals. At the end of the game the number of crystals they won equates to the number of seconds in the final challenge - the Crystal Dome.

I just described the show, but I could have easily been talking about a pinball machine there. It fits that well.

Great have to check this out. The crystals i sa great pin idea, i can already imagine some of the playfield art.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Here's Ten

1) Willy Wonka
2) Beetlejuice
3) Fright Night (1985 Version)
4) Die Hard series
5) Fast And Furious series
6) Halloween
7) Jurassic World
8) Ted part 1 and 2
9) Friday The 13th
10) The Muppets

Those are only a few movie ideas, that I think would work, oh I forgot Gremlins.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Great have to check this out. The crystals i sa great pin idea, i can already imagine some of the playfield art.

It's a great show, reruns are still popular 20 years on. And they've just announced an interactive version of the game opening up in London.

PunkTiger

Apr 12, 2014
I think Max Headroom: 20 Minutes into the Future would be an interesting theme for a pinball table. Different channels and ratings, Blipverts, the Blanks, hacking into Network 23, and of course, the occasional random DMD interruption from Max himself.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I think Max Headroom: 20 Minutes into the Future would be an interesting theme for a pinball table. Different channels and ratings, Blipverts, the Blanks, hacking into Network 23, and of course, the occasional random DMD interruption from Max himself.

Great idea there.

Wolis

Jul 12, 2012
Oh for Scorpion by Williams. I have such fond memories of that table (spending hours on just one 20c).

And for tables I have not playing, Solar Fire by Williams and Getaway, High speed 2 also by Williams (notice a pattern here?) , since I recently discovered the first one is such a great table! :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts