What do you think of the spotlights added to table inserts in the PS4 version?

What do you think of the spotlights added to table inserts in the PS4 version?

• I love them!

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I like them.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • I don't like them.

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • I hate them!

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
My consideration of trading in my Wii-U and investing the money toward a PS4 wasn't exclusively because of TPA. I've been very disenchanted by Nintendo's lack of support for their own console within the first year of release, but Farsight's failure to port TPA onto the eshop within the launch window was the frosting on the fecal cake (excuse my scatological euphemism). However, now that we've seen what TPA is to look like on the PS4, I won't even bother. I guess that I'm just SOL for now.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
the 2 things you circled only happen when lights are going off, so they may be improper but it's definitely not a spot lite that you have circled as clearly you can see them not present at all times in the video

Right, they go on and off, that's why I called them "dynamic spotlights." (And just to be clear, the image was made by Jeff Strong, originally posted in this other thread: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/5563-PS4-Cirqus-Voltaire-Screenshot .) Added a little text to the OP just to be sure we're clear I'm talking about lights that go on and off.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
The problem is that Farsight is trying to please both sides.

People who want pitch darkness lighting, and those that want to see the color/artwork.

The correct option is an ambient lighting slider. Not pitch dark with spotlights.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The problem is that Farsight is trying to please both sides.

People who want pitch darkness lighting, and those that want to see the color/artwork.

The correct option is an ambient lighting slider. Not pitch dark with spotlights.

Good call. Since they're going through all this trouble to re-do the lighting, they should just do it right and take the time to add that slider. Seems as though it's probably now or never.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Good call. Since they're going through all this trouble to re-do the lighting, they should just do it right and take the time to add that slider. Seems as though it's probably now or never.

+1 on the slider...they might as well get this in while they can.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
+1 on the slider...they might as well get this in while they can.

Another +1. The slider would work well. Plus, when you open The Pinball Arcade, I would love for the app to check the time, and use the time of day as the default setting for the slider (unless you select and save a specific fixed default setting). Playing at night? The slider defaults to near darkness. Middle of the day? The slider defaults to a bright position. Then, you can adjust it how you like.

N

netizen

Another +1. The slider would work well. Plus, when you open The Pinball Arcade, I would love for the app to check the time, and use the time of day as the default setting for the slider (unless you select and save a specific fixed default setting). Playing at night? The slider defaults to near darkness. Middle of the day? The slider defaults to a bright position. Then, you can adjust it how you like.

That's a really ingenious idea. Make it easier to adjust your circadian rhythms like what F.lux does for for your computer monitor, if you spend a lot of time in front of your screen.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I dont get you people that would buy a PS4 just for TPA thats like buying a bugatti veyron as a grocery getter. :p
It's the only game I'm interested in. If I was only interested in getting groceries, I would get a mini van. Good gas mileage, and do you know how much toilet paper and Gatorade you can fit in a mini van?

Question: Is next gen TPA coming out for Xbone? TPAX?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It's the only game I'm interested in. If I was only interested in getting groceries, I would get a mini van. Good gas mileage, and do you know how much toilet paper and Gatorade you can fit in a mini van?

Question: Is next gen TPA coming out for Xbone? TPAX?

It hasn't been announced for xbox one as far as I know. I don't know what TPAX is.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
apparently Microsoft is letting independent companies release games without a 3rd party now so more likely than not it will end up on the xbone, however it is doubtful to be launch title

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
I have the feeling a slider would be too difficult to implement.

Simply providing the option to turn off or on is a more realistic thing for them to implement.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Those spotlights look a bit crazy to me. It would be a constant reminder that I'm playing a videogame and not pinball.

The obvious solution would be a spotlight on/off option in the menus. Ambient lighting slider would of course be best. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.