What do you think the next kick starter will be?

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
So going off past history it went June 2012 announcement for Twilight Zone Kickstarter, then August 12 for STTNG, then June 13 for T2, then nothing in August 13 (Probably due to PC/PS4 releases) -
I think that whatever the next Kickstarter is, there's a good chance something will be announced around June this year.

Might get shot down for saying this but prefer the cruder old style Simpsons to the new style - really hope if they do go for the Simpsons licence that they also release the Data East table at some point, even if it's further down the line after Pinball Party.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
So going off past history it went June 2012 announcement for Twilight Zone Kickstarter, then August 12 for STTNG, then June 13 for T2, then nothing in August 13 (Probably due to PC/PS4 releases) -
I think that whatever the next Kickstarter is, there's a good chance something will be announced around June this year.

Might get shot down for saying this but prefer the cruder old style Simpsons to the new style - really hope if they do go for the Simpsons licence that they also release the Data East table at some point, even if it's further down the line after Pinball Party.

My guess is they will not hesitate to release the kickstarter at this point. If the can get it negotiated they will probably start immediately (literally since in the past they traditionally have done zero promotion or publicity prior to going live). All important platforms are being supported except x360 and any reasonable person has moved on from waiting for that. The only potential reason to wait is for the ps3 big fixes. If they can do it I imagine it will raise at least 30k the first two days, potentially more with proper advance promotion

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I'm pretty sure that any kickstarter proposed to us, I will give money for it ^^

I can't think of a table that needs licence that I would say no!

now... of course... make a kickstarter for TAF first... like now ^^

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
First, I would most definetly sponsor any KickStarter project involving TPA, and at the highest level possible.

Secondly, the majority of the wanted tables are related to movies or TV shows. Studios love to have anything out in the general population that reminds us to go see their work. Books, action figures t-shirts and such. If Dracula, or Dredd tables were released, well, there's no movie to draw them to, 'cept on Netflix or Blu-ray/DVD. A better fit would be Jurrasic Park, due to the reboot. (The TV Dracula doesn't count...I believe it will soon be in "hiatus")

My thoughts-
There were tables that were made before some of the TPA were born. Great action. Great layouts. And, kinda important, cheaply acquired licenses. Take these and blend them in with the newer games. Make it feel like we're getting our monies worth. And, as one of my contempories said, "That's all I've got to say 'bout that."

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
What about tables like Judge Dredd? Its a highly rated table, but may still require a small Kickstarter to be made.
Would be interested to see if they could get 3 or 4 licenses, then maybe a poll on here for us to choose which one could be made, like what happend with Centaur. Isn't there a licensing convention theyv'e attended in the past?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
What about tables like Judge Dredd? Its a highly rated table, but may still require a small Kickstarter to be made.
Would be interested to see if they could get 3 or 4 licenses, then maybe a poll on here for us to choose which one could be made, like what happend with Centaur. Isn't there a licensing convention theyv'e attended in the past?

Yeah, they seemed to have suggested they had very fruitful ventures into licensing deals at both the convention for that as well as post-kickstarter getting some movement but honestly aside from maybe a few songs that needed license, we have not gotten anything. Elvira was from the original licesning convention if I remember and Monster Bash, Harley and ripley's were already released. Aside from the songs in Creature, I can't recall any other licenses that were ancillary to the tables that have come out since. All the other songs have been public domain or original and T2 seemed to e separate from everything else.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I was speaking more of the original Data East Simpsons table from 1990(?).
This was in every arcade near me in NY and there were lines to play it..

That one? I didn't remember that one being that good. :p

My opinion aside, one problem with that system (Data East / Sega V3) is that it hasn't been emulated yet... and that most of the tables on that system are licenses.

I thought Jurassic Park was the best pinball off that system, but there probably are a couple licenses that wouldn't be too bad (Tales from the Crypt, Rocky and Bullwinkle)... still, there's probably tastier Williams / Bally games to be explored first.

The advantage of Simpsons Pinball Party is that they've already coded one game for that system (Harley Davidson) so it would be easier on that side of things.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Ripley's as well. Hopefully they can optimize it more. That table gets some major slowdown on older versions of ios and I am sure on other platforms.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Ripley's as well. Hopefully they can optimize it more. That table gets some major slowdown on older versions of ios and I am sure on other platforms.

Unrelated,but I just wanted to reiterate how awesome your avatar is.
image.php

Every time I read your posts I can't help but think of it in the voice of Nigel Tufnel and it always kicks them up to an 11. :)

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Unrelated,but I just wanted to reiterate how awesome your avatar is.
image.php

Every time I read your posts I can't help but think of it in the voice of Nigel Tufnel and it always kicks them up to an 11. :)

Thanks! Maybe they could record my comment vocals in dublin and play them for my posts. In the meantime I will be agonizing over this food they catered at worn today. The bread and the meat are the wrong size.

N

netizen

I want Robocop table, with that new film out.. would be a good time to release it for a good boost in sales.

with a new film out it may make the license impossible to get as well. A retconning of the story and new likenesses may make the license holders not want to have anything to do with any old properties.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts