What do you think the next kick starter will be?

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Bttf won't happen anytime soon and they are not find of it.

Unless I missed something, they didn't say that. The guy asked what the chances for BTTF were, and they simply responded "mediocre". That doesn't mean they think that table is mediocre, it means the chances of it happening are mediocre.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Unless I missed something, they didn't say that. The guy asked what the chances for BTTF were, and they simply responded "mediocre". That doesn't mean they think that table is mediocre, it means the chances of it happening are mediocre.

You're right. I went back to read it and it does sound like they were referring to the odds, not the quality of the table. Although I would have agreed it was mediocre if they had said that, too.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
honestly, back to the future is pretty bad. just shoot the flux capacitor over and over and over and over... its nearly as bad as star wars that way.

The delorean millions are so exploitable that its nearly impossible to find it on location set to award replays. and after a few extra balls it will start giving tickets instead! even if the ticket dispenser is not hooked up.

Kadett785

Nov 23, 2013
Dr Who and Judge Dredd would be relatively inexpensive licenses to obtain. In the case of Dr Who there is only one point of contact, the BBC holds the licence, no need to deal with individual actors. For Judge Dredd, because the table is based on the comic and not related to either the Stallone movie, or the recent one with Karl Urban (there are no likenesses of the actors involved in those movies on the table), there would only be single entity to negotiate with. In that case the producers of the 2000AD comic.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Dr Who and Judge Dredd would be relatively inexpensive licenses to obtain. In the case of Dr Who there is only one point of contact, the BBC holds the licence, no need to deal with individual actors. For Judge Dredd, because the table is based on the comic and not related to either the Stallone movie, or the recent one with Karl Urban (there are no likenesses of the actors involved in those movies on the table), there would only be single entity to negotiate with. In that case the producers of the 2000AD comic.

Unfortunately farsight is on record stating the odds for dr. Who are "slim to none" and the cost of the license is nightmarishly impossible to cover.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Based on my recent Facebook research, I'm less optimistic about The Addams Family. I think the next Kickstarter will be for whatever they intend the October release to be... either Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street or Bram Stoker's Dracula. I would lean toward Dracula, as it's a tad more popular, but I think Freddy would be cheaper maybe. Lot more actors depicted on the Dracula table, therefore, more people wanting a check.

SO my guess is either Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street or Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Emergency_Room

Nov 3, 2013
I kind doubt WWF Royal Rumble will ever be on TPA either. Just too many problems. First of all Vince would have a say on who could be on the table and who could not, whether they were on the original or not. On the same token there are people who are on bad terms with the WWE and not going to allow their image to be used. For instance one of the most prominent people featured is Lex Luger. Yet after all these years he and Vince are still on bad terms, and as a result I doubt Vince would allow it and I doubt Luger would want to be associated with WWE, despite he was one of the biggest stars in late 1993/early 1994.

Also I don't know if Owen Hart is featured on the game or not. If he is then there is not any way whatsoever they would be able to include him. His widow does not like Owen associated in any way with the WWE and a few years ago even tried to stop them from including him on DVDs. With people who are on bad terms with the WWE there always is a chance that they may get on decent terms but I doubt Martha ever will do so.

Second quite a few people featured have big egos and would want a fortune. I could see Hulk Hogan in particular being one of these. He used to charge an insane amount just for an autograph. Yeah they put him in WWE 2K14 but I would bet he got very big check from 2K along the way.

Third there is the whole name/logo change. Even though things have changed a bit since they lost the lawsuit to the World Wildlife Fund I could still see them wanting to change all the logos to the WWE Classic Logo and also having to either re-dub some commentary, or mute out the F in WWF.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I kind doubt WWF Royal Rumble will ever be on TPA either.

I was able to pull up a thread where the complete list of wrestlers was given along with someone saying that many of the wrestlers have signed a "legends" contract, where WWE owns the rights and not the individuals. Owen Hart is not on the table (Bret is though). Luger is on the table but according to someone in the thread he has a "legends" contract.

Probably the biggest PITA I can see is that all WWF logos would have to be replaced with WWE.

But, I think Data Easts would be a completely new type of emulation. And most Data Easts are expensive license themes (apart from maybe Tales From the Crypt and Rocky and Bullwinkle. Well, Checkpoint would be license free, but the reviews make me think it would not be worth the bother :p).

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Based on my recent Facebook research, I'm less optimistic about The Addams Family. I think the next Kickstarter will be for whatever they intend the October release to be... either Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street or Bram Stoker's Dracula. I would lean toward Dracula, as it's a tad more popular, but I think Freddy would be cheaper maybe. Lot more actors depicted on the Dracula table, therefore, more people wanting a check.

SO my guess is either Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street or Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Either would be great!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

With all due respect (and I imagine you have a great personal affinity to Freddy) but Dracula is not just a tad bit more popular. I would gander it would be a landslide. It would be great to have either and I would definitely prefer Dracula myself but I do believe both would draw plenty of interest. Freddy might actually get more casual attention but Dracula is more established amongst pinball players

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I do believe both would draw plenty of interest.

Freddy would bring out the chorus of naysayers who dislike all things Gottlieb. :p

I think Dredd and Dracula are indeed the most realistic next kickstarter options, if anything (possibly these may not need it, for all I know.)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
With all due respect (and I imagine you have a great personal affinity to Freddy) but Dracula is not just a tad bit more popular. I would gander it would be a landslide. It would be great to have either and I would definitely prefer Dracula myself but I do believe both would draw plenty of interest. Freddy might actually get more casual attention but Dracula is more established amongst pinball players

Didn't Francis Ford Coppola make Bram Stoker's Dracula? Also the likenesses of Keaunu Reeves, Gary Oldman and Winona Ryder could drive up the cost.

Kadett785

Nov 23, 2013
Didn't Francis Ford Coppola make Bram Stoker's Dracula? Also the likenesses of Keaunu Reeves, Gary Oldman and Winona Ryder could drive up the cost.

Not an issue according to IPBD, at least for Reeves and Ryder;

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3072

a game with prototype stacked slingshot plastics showing Keanu Reeves & Winona Ryder's characters on them. According to designer Barry Oursler, these plastics were removed prior to production because the actors [or perhaps only Winona Ryder] would not sign a release to use their images.

Drathro

Jul 28, 2013
Unfortunately farsight is on record stating the odds for dr. Who are "slim to none" and the cost of the license is nightmarishly impossible to cover.

I've spoken to a friend in BBC licensing and they say it would require leg work rather than a ton of money, I think Farsight are over estimating the cost of the Who license.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts