What is Icade? Why did it mess my TPA?

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I switch it on, now there's a keypad where the buttons would normally be. I have an iPhone 4. I already tried deleting the app and re-downloading it. It was still messed. Please help

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Just close the keyboard and switch iCade to off. You then have to restart the app for the change to be applied. To restart an app double-click your home button then hold down on the app icon in the system tray until it starts wiggling. Next, press the red 'minus' key to "kill" the app. You can now start the app again.

iCade is an external gaming controller which connects as a "keyboard" over Bluetooth.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Just close the keyboard and switch iCade to off. You then have to restart the app for the change to be applied. To restart an app double-click your home button then hold down on the app icon in the system tray until it starts wiggling. Next, press the red 'minus' key to "kill" the app. You can now start the app again.

iCade is an external gaming controller which connects as a "keyboard" over Bluetooth.

It's probably obvious, but I'm not able to close that keyboard. I've tried clicking everywhere. Thanks for helping

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Yeah, maybe it's a glitch or something, but I've hit 'done' on the keyboard a million times. Nothing seems to work even though I redownloaded the app

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Kinda sucks cause TPA is pretty much the only game I play now. I'm always excited about the new tables, and don't really care about bugs as much as a lot of people on these forums. But somewhere along the lines, something got messed up and now I'm not able to use it at all. I refuse to go back to angry birds lol

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I miss things like super Mario for the NES. Put it in and push a button. At least then I wasn't dealing with this nonsense. Didn't have to worry about losing my purchases. This is just another thing that makes me hate technology

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I found this on the web.

"Try a reset by pressing the home and sleep (on/off) buttons until you see the Apple logo, ignoring the slider. Takes about 5-15 secs of button holding and you won't lose any data or settings."

Try this a coupla times if it doesn't take at first. If it does work, quickly get back into TPA and turn off the iCade mode. Get in there before it changes its' mind. Pull out the plug Spock.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
It was worth a try. Where exactly did you read that? I wonder if they have more ideas. That stinking keyboard is poppin up right after the logo/trademark screen

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
well if you jailbroke ur device then used ifile to navigate to the directory where TPA is located you could either modify the neccessary entry in a preferences file or delete a file...also could use icleaner to further clean the device after uninstalling then respring and reinstall...just a guess, because I've never had to do such things with TPA but it's the approach I would use for any app

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
This is probably obvious... but just to be sure. Are you pressing the key I circled in green to exit keyboard input mode?

img0703s.jpg

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
well if you jailbroke ur device then used ifile to navigate to the directory where TPA is located you could either modify the neccessary entry in a preferences file or delete a file...also could use icleaner to further clean the device after uninstalling then respring and reinstall...just a guess, because I've never had to do such things with TPA but it's the approach I would use for any app

The thought of jailbreaking my phone kinda freaks me out. Maybe someday. I just had an idea though. Maybe I could just go buy a cheap Bluetooth controller. But it still wouldn't fix the problem I don't think

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
This is probably obvious... but just to be sure. Are you pressing the key I circled in green to exit keyboard input mode?

img0703s.jpg

I'm getting a different type of keyboard. I'm trying to paste a screenshot, arg. It's the same keyboard that would show up if I were to text someone. With the blue 'done' button on the lower right

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah... I just enabled it on my phone and now I have the same problem. There's no way to dismiss it - it's stuck there on the screen. I'm guessing the only way to make it go away would be to connect a BT keyboard, since that would cause the on-screen keyboard to disappear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 23

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Yeah... I just enabled it on my phone and now I have the same problem. There's no way to dismiss it - it's stuck there on the screen. I'm guessing the only way to make it go away would be to connect a BT keyboard, since that would cause the on-screen keyboard to disappear.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I've been messing around with photobucket and imageshack for a while. So thanks for posting that pic. That's exactly what I was trying to post

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, I just tried it on my iTouch. No go. The only way I was able to get rid of the keyboard was to actually pair up my iCade to it so the keyboard would no longer pop up. Then turn the icade option off. I would think pairing up just a blue tooth keyboard should work too.

So let this be a lesson kiddies. If you ain't got an iCade, leave it be.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
It seems like Farsight never tests with an iPhone. They missed this and the Space Shuttle layout looks awful on iPhone also. The keyboard photo I posted earlier was from an iPad, not iPhone.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
It seems like Farsight never tests with an iPhone. They missed this and the Space Shuttle layout looks awful on iPhone also. The keyboard photo I posted earlier was from an iPad, not iPhone.

I don't mind getting a cheapo BT keyboard actually. Maybe in a roundabout way, this was really just a marketing tool for those lol. Here's what I'm dreading though... My TPA probably still won't have sound. That's why I was monkeying around pushing random buttons in the first place

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts