What Licenses Would You Most Like to See Made into a Pinball Table?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Total Recall did in fact have a prototype machine. It was going to be a head to head Vs. pin like Joust.

http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=total+recall&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Aliens/ or use Prometheus since that's coming out
Harry Potter (JK said no, but it'd be awesome like TOM)
Futurama
Ghostbusters
The Goonies
Dragon's Lair (It's been everything else, why not a pinball machine?)
The Beatles (The VR Pinball table looked amazing!)

Are you talking about the VP table by Bob5354? I would love to see it made, though the licencing for every sound snippet would be pricey. The table is awesome through and through though and I would like to see Farsight take a crack at it.

I would like to see:
Hockey Night in Canada
Earthworm Jim
A Space Oddity
Startopia
XCOM
Fallout

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Nice topic.

Following tables i would like.

themes:

- a new FIFA
- a new fishtales kinda table
- a rollercoaster themed table
- F1
- a disaster themed table

Movies:

- titanic
- gladiator
- Shaka zulu
- band of brothers
- jaws
- the godfather

rcarroll1977

Apr 24, 2012
Love the idea of this thread. There are several things that I would love to see some of them have already been mentioned Like Married With Children and Jaws. Here are some of the other licenses I would love to see that I think could translate well.

TV

Futurama
Game of Thrones
Dexter
Sons of Anarchy

Movies

Dawn of the Dead
Hard Boiled
Super Troopers

Video Games

Mass Effect
Grand Theft Auto
Portal

Of those, Portal, in particular would be my most wanted. Scoops all over the table that when the ball gets shot into one, it fires out of a different one at random all while a mechanical GlaDOS is taunting you.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Mystery Science Theater 3000 would make a cool pin. Just imagine toy versions of Crow and Tom Servo on the table heckling your gameplay. ;) Or having to spell things like T-O-R-G-O, completing the Invention Exchange Mode and so forth. I'd be putting coins into that machine like an idiot. :D

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
PLaying Duels of the Planeswalker 2013 the last few days:

A MTG Licensed pinball table would be awesome, and the possibilities for a rulesheet are rpetty easy to think off: hit standups taps mana, hit loops to cast creatures, hit spot targets for certain instants/sorceries, meet certain modes requirements to bring down the life total, kill creatures or counter a spell played by the tables "main villain" (say Bolas). And I think JPOP should make it, in the vein of something like TOTAN.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
We haven't had a haunted house theme for a really long time. I remember reading that the original idea for the unmade Pinball 2000 Playboy table was supposed to have been that type of theme which would have been awesome. With that said, knowing that Stern has to make every game a licensed one how about licensing Disney's Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror for a pin. I'd love to see something like that.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Ive been here before, but ive been thinking about it, and the 1 name that every time comes into my mind is ''JAWS''.

Can be a brilliand machine, known worldwide. I think this one would sell and tons of good ideas for shots, games, software etc etc.

''We gonne need a bigger boat'', so we need a widebody, ;-).

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
PLaying Duels of the Planeswalker 2013 the last few days:

A MTG Licensed pinball table would be awesome, and the possibilities for a rulesheet are rpetty easy to think off: hit standups taps mana, hit loops to cast creatures, hit spot targets for certain instants/sorceries, meet certain modes requirements to bring down the life total, kill creatures or counter a spell played by the tables "main villain" (say Bolas). And I think JPOP should make it, in the vein of something like TOTAN.

What does MTG stand for?

an ox

May 28, 2012
I think Scientology would make an awesome pinball table theme. Big old picture of L. Ron grinning his insane grin with his sailor's hat on for the backglass. Making drop targets to progress up through the OT levels. Incident 1 and Incident 2 modes. E-Meter built into the playfield. LRH quotes for making shots. Dianetics volcano to set off. Evil Lord Xenu to vanquish. Joining the Sea Org and completing your billion year mission. The possibilities are endless.

It'd probably cost £500 per ball to play mind.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
It's doubtful a 2001 machine had ever been made, since Stanley Kubrick was very protective of the artistic integrity of his films, and would probably view such commercialization as vulgar.

Gottlieb actually made a table called "2001", but of course it had nothing to do with the movie license apart from looking vaguely science-fictional.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
What does MTG stand for?
Magic: The Gathering, originally a trading card game that eventually came to have the most complex ruleset ever devised by the mind of man (the complete printed copy I have from several years ago runs 888 pages - now it's in an online database only because it is so large and complex that a printed copy would be a tangled mass of cross-references). Some of the rare cards from early editions can go for the price of a real pinball machine if they're in mint condition. It's also the longest-running trading card game, and is on something like its 40th or 50th expansion set.

It's since spawned several different video game adaptations, both self-contained and online. Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 is the latest one. The video games are necessarily somewhat simplified and usually restrict you to a subset of the thousands of Magic cards out there, although I understand the later ones include features and new game modes not possible in the physical card game.

I long since dropped out of the Magic universe, and while I do occasionally peek in from the sidelines, I've (so far) successfully resisted the temptation to dive back in. It's a very addictive game, whatever form it's in.

If done right by someone who took the time to immerse themselves in MTG mechanics and lore, it could make a very good pinball table. That 26" LCD screen that Jersey Jack Pinball has on their new Wizard of Oz table would be a perfect fit for it. (Maybe the video mode could be an sudden-death MTG game played onscreen!) Not sure what Wizards of the Coast would want for the license, though, and every last card has original artwork on it that presumably would also need to be licensed.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Ancient Aliens... could have the host pop up and say "Is such a thing even possible? Yes it is!"

the book of revelations

INCEPTION

duck tales

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I long since dropped out of the Magic universe, and while I do occasionally peek in from the sidelines, I've (so far) successfully resisted the temptation to dive back in. It's a very addictive game, whatever form it's in.

I'm an oldtimer as well, and DOTP provides a safehaven for MTG junkies as it allows you to play the game without the possibility (or need) to buy boosters onandonandonandon. 10 bucks inital purchase and about 10 bucks total DLC cost, so 20 bucks a year and you are done.

Not good if you are into "deckbuilding" though, meaning constructing a deck from thousands of cards, but rather want to play the game without playing the meta, with 95% of the rules intact, all cardtypes implemented. You get to tweat/cut 10 themedecks (20 after DLC) of 90+ (around 120+ after DLC/expansions) back down to 60 to compete against AI or online.

Id try a demo if I were you, it's on all consoles and steam, and I found it completely satisfying for the urge to twiddle with MTG without spending my lifesavings on it (and still not feeling you have the cards/deck you want/need).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts