What my PS4 now has no license and can't play

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
I have to admit, he's not the only one having a problem understanding your issue... At this point I can't tell if you're trolling, or just not stating your problem clearly...

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
I have to admit, he's not the only one having a problem understanding your issue... At this point I can't tell if you're trolling, or just not stating your problem clearly...
Not trolling mate. Please read from the start or as I said maybe Farsight can advise me directly?
My problem is now my oldskool1969 on PS3 acct has been canned, that is it!
PS4 acct, TheOldFatSurfer is sweet!
can't make it any easier to understand I am afraid or maybe it is my Aussie lingo thats boggling you ;)

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
That's the thing, I've read this from the start... I'll admit, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, so it's probably on my end... However, let me recap and see if I'm understanding. I'll do this in steps so I don't confuse myself.

1) You had a PSN username on the ps3.

2) Something happened, and the Playstation username didn't work on the ps4.

3) You made a new playstation username/account, and expect your games from the old account to automagically transfer over.

It sounds like to me, you are trying to transfer your ps3 licenses from one username to another, but on the ps4. If this is the case, it definitely has nothing to do with Farsight. This is a playstation issue with your username and licenses. Period. You only get 2 licenses per title (from sony), if you've used them, the products won't work. If I have the facts wrong, please correct me... This is a fan site, we all want to help, but I feel I must still be misunderstanding. Try explaining it to me like I'm a 5 year old... Every step, leave out no details. 'Course, it's always possible that I'm the only person who doesn't understand your problem (though by re-reading the thread, it seems like I'm in good company with my confusion).

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
That's the thing, I've read this from the start... I'll admit, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, so it's probably on my end... However, let me recap and see if I'm understanding. I'll do this in steps so I don't confuse myself.

1) You had a PSN username on the ps3. CORRECT and still have but not on PA, this has been cancelled??

2) Something happened, and the Playstation username didn't work on the ps4.When I transferred it picked up a sub user TOFS- CORRECT so I created another new acct for PS4, which was a sub acct on PS3 TheOldFatSurfer

3) You made a new playstation username/account, and expect your games from the old account to automagically transfer over. definitely NOT I just want my PS3 acct to work as this was original account, I re bought the Pinball Arcade and season 1 pack all over again as I like it that much, why I bought PS4

It sounds like to me, you are trying to transfer your ps3 licenses from one username to anotherWrong see above, but on the ps4. If this is the case, it definitely has nothing to do with Farsight. DOES NOWThis is a playstation issue with your username and licenses. Period.DISAGREE You only get 2 licenses per title (from sony), if you've used them, the products won't work. If I have the facts wrong, please correct me... This is a fan site, we all want to help, but I feel I must still be misunderstanding. Try explaining it to me like I'm a 5 year old... Every step, leave out no details. 'Course, it's always possible that I'm the only person who doesn't understand your problem (though by re-reading the thread, it seems like I'm in good company with my confusion).
Is that clearer, my problem has evolved and if FARSIGHT read this forum I may get an answer as their email support does not return my questions

Last edited:

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
Farsight, can't do ANYTHING with licenses. If it doesn't work on ps3, it's a Sony or ps3/file issue. Farsight has NO WAY to deactivate or remove a license. That being said, have you tried deleting the game data and saved data for TPA on the ps3 and redownloading? It will take quite some time to do this, but it's not unheard of to have corrupted files on the ps3. You may also try first redownloading just the license key for the tables that aren't working.

I understand that something happened with your username when you went to ps4, but since you've purchased the game on EACH account, it's irrelevant. To refocus the issue, the problem now is:

You purchased season 2 on ps3, but the purchased tables are not showing up as being purchased in TPA on the ps3. So when talking about it, don't reference the ps4 at all, this is just clouding the issue.

Again, as others have said, Farsight has nothing to do with licenses, all the info they get is: did this user buy this table/pack, yes/no? If Sony (and the ps3) says you own the license, it works, otherwise it doesn't.

If your ps3 account was hacked or corrupted somehow (not sure why else you couldn't use your username on ps4, have 7 friends who all use their ps3 accounts on their ps4s), that could be the culprit, or, again, it could just be a simple corrupted file. At any rate, none of this would be able to be resolved by Farsight. Period.

Last edited:

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
Another way to look at it is, you bought the license to use the software from Sony (not Farsight), so if the LICENSE doesn't work, you have to contact Sony. If there was a bug in the software, you'd contact Farsight, but this seems to only effect your purchased license.

To look at it another way, let's say you buy tickets for a concert from ticket master. The concert comes and it turns out your tickets are no good and you can't get in. Do you contact the band and complain? No. Ticket master sold you the tickets (which didn't work), the concert still went on just fine, but you couldn't get in because your ticket (license) wasn't recognized. In this case you'd have to go through ticket master to get it resolved because the problem is not with the product, but the license that a third party sold you to USE/participate in the product.

Last edited:

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
Another way to look at it is, you bought the license to use the software from Sony (not Farsight), so if the LICENSE doesn't work, you have to contact Sony. If there was a bug in the software, you'd contact Farsight, but this seems to only effect your purchased license.

To look at it another way, let's say you buy tickets for a concert from ticket master. The concert comes and it turns out your tickets are no good and you can't get in. Do you contact the band and complain? No. Ticket master sold you the tickets (which didn't work), the concert still went on just fine, but you couldn't get in because your ticket (license) wasn't recognized. In this case you'd have to go through ticket master to get it resolved because the problem is not with the product, but the license that a third party sold you to USE/participate in the product.
So you are seriously trying to tell me that FARSIGHT has NO control over their product i.e.; release dates, tournaments, table packs, updates etc.etc. pretty naive of you to think that wouldn't you agree?
Another way to look at it is if the band used to play well and now doesn't play at all, you don't bag the promoter you bag the band, who is confusing who now.
I will stop replying to this thread and try speaking to someone local as the message is definitely getting lost in translation somewhere and YES it could be me as I am not a tech head.
Thanks LeRoy3rd for trying but I am sure there is a simple reasonable answer to a apparently very complicated issue, I can't be the only one with this hiccup surely?
:eek:

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
The problem is, season 2 IS on your ps3... You HAVE the content! The only reason you can't play it is because your PS3 doesn't know you have a right to use it... Anyone? Back me up here!

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
You know what? You're right. It's a giant conspiracy, Farsight is out to get you (and all of us!), and they should just stop making great products that work for everyone but you, and retire on some island with their illgotten sacks of money.

Last edited:

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
One more thing to hammer it home.. Sony sells licenses, not games. Just like Steam sells licenses, not games. You're telling me that if you purchased TPA for your computer, on Steam, then STEAM said you never purchased the game, you'd complain to Farsight? Ridiculous.

RIDICUUUUUUUUULOUS!

:throws hands in the air and runs:

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
Take it easy mate, you will bust a pooper valve, ha ha ha
Again, lost in translation.
Your point is loud and clear, just not accepted by me. I love my PA, just want answers, nothing personal.
Again Farsight customer support can get back to me.
Let's move on before we run out of tissues, all good.
Andy, not a troll.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The problem is, season 2 IS on your ps3... You HAVE the content! The only reason you can't play it is because your PS3 doesn't know you have a right to use it... Anyone? Back me up here!

I tried. Then he basically called me a moron. So I'm done. I'm assuming FarSight isn't responding because they haven't figured out what he's talking about.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Oldskool1969...We have zero tolerance for name calling and attacking other members on our forum. I have deleted your post containing the infraction and would advise you to please be very careful of what you post and how you word it from here on out.

Also, as many have already stated, Sony controls the licenses for all games and content that are downloaded from PSN. If your PS3 console is restricting you from using content that you previously purchased on PSN (which includes The Pinball Arcade and any of its add-on content), your best bet is to report your problem to Sony.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
Oldskool1969...We have zero tolerance for name calling and attacking other members on our forum. I have deleted your post containing the infraction and would advise you to please be very careful of what you post and how you word it from here on out.

Fair call referee. I must admit I felt as though I was being treated as a retard as I could not make them understand my point of view and they were frustrated with me. My response was not appropriate.
Exscuse me.
I will then forfeit my right to pursue this issue further on this post.
NO HARF FEELINGS AT ALL

Last edited:

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Try to create new user on your ps3, then choose option to join psn. Choose option that you got your psn id allready. Put email adress and password for oldskool1969 account. Download the game and all addons by going to download history on psn store.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Oldskool1969, the problem is that you had multiple people tell you that the issue isn't one that FarSight can fix, and that you have to go to Sony. For some reason you're ignoring the advice you've been given. Sony is the only one that can fix your problem, so you need to contact them.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts