• Earthshaker

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Other

Votes: 16 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
BSD, POTO, AF all within the last four months of this year would be mind blowing. And who knows what else would be released along side too to end the year!

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I voted for "Phantom Of The Opera" as well.
It's a no brainer to bring in "Halloween" and a strong "Kick Off" for (Season #4 Pass Sales)
I have IOS so I will have to buy my tables in (Season 4) individually but that's ok.
Fingers Crossed!

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Out of that list I'd hope for HS2 or POTO and I hope it's not going to be Bone Busters or Cyclone :)
But since ES and Cyclone were part of the last poll that Diner won I guess it's likely that one of them might be the first...

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Based on other discussions, even though I voted Phantom in this poll, I'm now thinking it won't be. My thought now is Red & Ted's Roadshow.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Based on other discussions, even though I voted Phantom in this poll, I'm now thinking it won't be. My thought now is Red & Ted's Roadshow.

It's going to be POTO.

The fact that it's a Halloween table, and the fact that Bobby just confirmed that Data East emulation is no longer a problem, along with confirmation that DE tables are coming, I'd say it's a lock.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
It's going to be POTO.

The fact that it's a Halloween table, and the fact that Bobby just confirmed that Data East emulation is no longer a problem, along with confirmation that DE tables are coming, I'd say it's a lock.

The impression I got from Bobby in the Blahcade Podcast was that Data East emulation was coming in the fairly short term, but wasn't quite ready from prime time yet. So, we could see it in the early-to-mid Season 4 timeframe, but it's probably not ready for Table Pack #31. That said, Phatom Of The Opera looks like a fine table, and I wouldn't mind if I'm proven wrong and that's what we see to start Season 4. I know the two-horror-theme-table-just-before-Halloween pattern seems to be etched in adamantium for folks around here, and that's why I was tempted to say Phantom. But, if Data East emulation really isn't quite ready yet, there aren't a lot of other really good horror-themed, reasonably-licensed tables to start Season 4 with.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
The impression I got from Bobby in the Blahcade Podcast was that Data East emulation was coming in the fairly short term, but wasn't quite ready from prime time yet. So, we could see it in the early-to-mid Season 4 timeframe, but it's probably not ready for Table Pack #31. That said, Phatom Of The Opera looks like a fine table, and I wouldn't mind if I'm proven wrong and that's what we see to start Season 4. I know the two-horror-theme-table-just-before-Halloween pattern seems to be etched in adamantium for folks around here, and that's why I was tempted to say Phantom. But, if Data East emulation really isn't quite ready yet, there aren't a lot of other really good horror-themed, reasonably-licensed tables to start Season 4 with.

It's maybe time to switch this two-horror-theme-table-just-before-Halloween pattern.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
It's maybe time to switch this two-horror-theme-table-just-before-Halloween pattern.

No way, Jose. I'm expecting "Bone Busters, Inc." and "Freddy" for Season 4.

..."Freddy" is a must.

We have the hint in the newsletter now and the general consensus guess is Phantom Of The Opera.

Pretty much, and a FANTASTIC choice to kick off Season 4!

We not only get another Halloween table, but a highly requested table, AND we finally get Data East.

Life is good! :)

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
W1LDD ONE posted:
Explain how that pic has anything to do with POTO? I'am curious and I hope your right.

Lord Boron: Replied On TPA Forum Thread:

The car in the pic is a Plymouth Fury
The movie Christine was about a Plymouth Fury
A character featured prominently in POTO is named Christine Dae

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I'm assuming you mean Season 5 since Season 4 ends July 2015.

Nope, we got the usual TWO Halloween tables, but because of the 10 tables, they have to split them up. (One to end the season, one to start the next)

We've always gotten two Halloween tables, back to back. (Unless I'm forgetting something?)

How does an old Chevy that says "don't you know who I am?" have anything to do with Phantom of the Opera?

The car's name is "Christine", also the name of one of the main characters from "Phantom of the Opera". (Christine Dae) The car is parked outside in the DAY time, another hint to the woman character from "Phantom of the Opera".

The car, which was possessed in the story, could be considered a "Phantom" by some.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I never played PHANTOM but it looks cool. I'd also be alright with SWORDS OF FURY.

Given that Farsight has hinted we could get EARTHSHAKER this season and now we probably have TAF if the kickstarter gets funded, that's probably it for Lawlor tables this season. RED AND TED would be 3 Lawlor tables in a 10 game season. I bet it's held off this year and is a high end table for Season 5.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I never played PHANTOM but it looks cool. I'd also be alright with SWORDS OF FURY.

Given that Farsight has hinted we could get EARTHSHAKER this season and now we probably have TAF if the kickstarter gets funded, that's probably it for Lawlor tables this season. RED AND TED would be 3 Lawlor tables in a 10 game season. I bet it's held off this year and is a high end table for Season 5.

So no safecracker ?
No Rollercoaster Tycoon ?

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
So no safecracker ?
No Rollercoaster Tycoon ?

I'm with you. I want every Lawlor table. i just played Banzai Run again at Pinball Wizard in Pelham NH. it's beyond amazing. I just think Farsight will spread the Lawlor wealth over various seasons. you figure we have PHANTOM, ADDAMS FAMILY, probably Two Sony licenses off their current deal (JOHNNY MNEMONIC i think is a no brainer.) They are definitely going to do some Gotliebs. perhaps Stargate takes a Gotlieb and Sony license spot. Farsight has hinted at Cyclone and Earthshaker for this season. That's six tables.

Also i thought i read somewhere Farsight may add a licensed table as a stretch goal for the Addams Family Kickstarter. Perhaps Congo since it's also Paramount? Regardless of what it is, that would be a seventh table. That leaves three or four spots for the season. I'd love to see Red and Ted. It's probably my number 1 table request behind Indiana Jones. But two Lawlor games seems like the right amount per season.

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
You're probably right on each point.
What would be your guesses for the three-four tables left ?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.