What's Better, TPA or VP?

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
core 2 duo is a dual core :)..i had an original i7 extreme but the board and cpu blew in a power surge so been using it since.
its old but to update I gotta do mobo,ram and processor and new cooling..I've been resisting as long as I can :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I should have looked for the clue in the name ;) - actually I thought they added a 4-core later on but might be mistaken. That reminds me I need to get another surge block for the cabinet as had to remove the old one as it kept cutting out. :)

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
The TPA live catches are ridiculously unrealistic. ... actually I thought they added a 4-core later on but might be mistaken. :)

Yup they have faked this for sure , so its not really happening because of greater accuracy in the physics but rather the ball action is being forced via code and the decided conditions to trigger this action are way to broad. I had the same experience since they implemented it, it happens way to often ..

You did get a quad core released in this gen of CPU before the ix series began , my brother still has one ;)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I have never done a perfect live catch on purpose in real life. NEVER.

I have done some by accident, though. :)

They are too common in TPA though.

Bloopy

Nov 28, 2016
I stumbled onto VP while looking for a recreation of Stern's RCT. I was surprised to find that not only does it exist, but it's really good too. I was even more surprised to find that it's easy to get started on creating/editing tables. I could spend way too much time playing around with this.

One thing I like about TPA is that the Steam achievements act as a convenient checklist for getting acquainted with a table. The simpler physics are a mixed bag. Sometimes they make it easier, but sometimes frustrating eg. identical shots that drain every time. Having come back to it for the first time in a while, I was wondering what the hell was going on with the live catches. When it happens unexpectedly, I wonder where the ball's gone for a moment before hitting it again in panic.

Members online

Members online