What's your favourite table you know will never come to TPA?

invitro

May 4, 2012
Oh oh I've got one.. Big Buck Hunter Pro. No one gives a ****er about that one, but this guy does. What has two thumbs and wants Big Buck Hunter pro @invitro. This guy is so into getting it made. What a trooper. Let everyone know that invitro wants BBHP!!! He told me to post this when he was asleep that one time. But how can you go wrong with aliens and bucks that block the ball from doing anything else. Oh wait, let me rethink this. Damn you invited person
You'd be right, except that I only have one thumb. :(

padre

Sep 29, 2014
I would love to have "Blackwater 100". Super fun. Starts with you loading three balls in the startup area. Flipper also in front of the playfield. Really fast paced, fun targets. Awesome sound.
image-23.jpg

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Also I would love, and now expect the rest of the Alvin G's after the soccer game. It would be great if they could do some Atari, Sonic/ Segasa, Spinball (Jollypark), Taito :rolleyes: ... The stuff discussed in the 'post Zaccaria ask thread.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Blackwater would really be a strange one visually that I don't know would translate well. Shoot, in person I was barely able to register the oddity of it. Not saying it is a bad choice, just special attention would need to be given to it so it looks right.

invitro

May 4, 2012
But it's hard to imagine it being any more difficult to license than say No Fear.
Certainly, but that's only half of the equation. The other half is sales potential, and I'm sure that BW100 would sell many less copies than NF. Just being non-DMD is enough to say that. BW100 is also pretty obscure, and while NF is somewhat obscure, I don't think it is as much.

I think I've played BW100 a couple of times, but I don't remember it beyond that. It looks interesting to me and I would back it for TPA. It was the last Bally game before the WMS deal, and I didn't know this until now, but at 3000 it had the highest production of any Bally going back to 1984's X's and O's (3300).

Here's a blurb from IPDB: Dennis Nordman said 'Blackwater 100' was inspired by Bally Midway's 1988 'Escape from the Lost World' and that its name is licensed. He and Greg Freres went on location to record many of the sounds used on this game. - from http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=319 (Though I support BW100 for TPA, I support EftLW more among 1986-1988 Ballys. And I might support D&D more, as it has one beautiful PF, which apparently is the only one done by its artist, Larry Elmore.)

Here's the nicest PF image I can find:
6803_blackwater2.jpg

And here's a video with an excellent camera position that I wish more people would use :):

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I enjoy this whole experimental period Bally going on before the Williams merge. Escape from The Lost World, Blackwater 100, Strange Science, Dungeons & Dragons. They're so weird, I can't help but like those tables.

We might even see a few of 'em someday in PA, who knows.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Cactus Canyon continued
Bride of Pinbot 2.0
Wizard Blocks (in any form, real or virtual)

Seeing as how they are aloud to 'mod' the (hopefully) upcoming Dr. Who and have already reskined Haunted House, couldnt they make CC Continued and BOP 2.0 happen? I would pay the price of new tables to get them, and it doesnt seem it would be too much work.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Seeing as how they are aloud to 'mod' the (hopefully) upcoming Dr. Who and have already reskined Haunted House, couldnt they make CC Continued and BOP 2.0 happen? I would pay the price of new tables to get them, and it doesnt seem it would be too much work.

Highly doubtful they'd be able to do CC Continued. They'd have to pay an additional license to Dutch Pinball, and who knows what deal they made to be able to do it themselves. I told Mike and Norman all about it, said it'd be a shame for them to have CC in office and not have the better game. Neither had seen it in action.

Neko20

Jan 7, 2015
I would say Indiana Jones or Star Wars is now too far out of reach. Unless they release the Stern version of Indy.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.