when will we see cabinet options?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
We need the camera angles fixed first. It's pretty irritating because all they would need to do is let us edit and save our own angles. I have a feeling they have some hacky effects going on so the cameras only work are certain angles.

I started wondering if there is some hacky thing going on. If it is a true 3D engine then you would expect allowing users to control a floating camera and then locking/saving a bespoke config per table would be a piece of cake to implement and easier that going through themselves for all tables landscape and portrait views and adjusting views. Would love to hear what Mike says about the feasibility.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
5 ... 10 .... 100 don't matter if they are no good.
I only need a perfect one. Is that too much to ask.
Or let me decide to look at the table the way I want. Upside down whatever.
We all live in a free country (I hope) and should be able to choose our own view of things.
Fs stop the torture and set the camera free!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
We need the camera angles fixed first. It's pretty irritating because all they would need to do is let us edit and save our own angles. I have a feeling they have some hacky effects going on so the cameras only work are certain angles.

The dynamic cam flyby of the table and pro mode table view begs to differ.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
The dynamic cam flyby of the table and pro mode table view begs to differ.

Go play TOTAN in portrait mode. With one of the camera angles, the ball hovers half an inch over the flippers, it doesn't even make contact with them. It was the last time I checked anyway. I quit playing a long time ago, I just come in here every once in a while to see this thread.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Go play TOTAN in portrait mode. With one of the camera angles, the ball hovers half an inch over the flippers, it doesn't even make contact with them. It was the last time I checked anyway. I quit playing a long time ago, I just come in here every once in a while to see this thread.
Bad collision detection and a faked 3d perspective are two completely different things. Totan is one of very few tables that exhibit this if I recall correctly.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Any updates Farsight on cab support? I have a space in my dining room for a cabinet, so if cab support is never gonna happen then please let me know then I can buy the new MM real table if it's not happening. Only got the space for one, and can't wait forever obviously. All the best for Christmas and new year by the way.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
He means there are maybe other reasons to build a cab.
VP is already strong and getting better. And Unit3d is a very promising pinball software that is getting a major update soon.
So no reason to hesitate :)

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Apologies. The ? was for Farsight as in why no reply. Had a look at VP and some others but they look complicated to set up. To me, TPA seems to be the best all rounder, but getting any kind of response is the biggest let down, wether it's on here, facebook or email.

I just wanna buy a cab and get TPA all set up, but I have to order from the Usa to Uk, as I can't find anyone in uk who does cabs etc. But I'm not gonna take that step until Tpa can confirm or deny cab progress etc.

Come on FS, throw us a bone!

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
OK, I felt the same about VP & Co. I wanted to PLAY pinball and not spend hours and hours with software setup.
I built the cab first because I liked the hardware job. I have a simple 40" cab with real DMD, no backglas, no force feedback.
Also my first quick experiment with VP didn't look very good (didn't do anything in the graphics driver setup).
I played TPA for half a year. It is very good and super convenient after all. But as the long promised lighting update and cab support didn't see the light of day I grew bored and thought I look into VP. I spent 250 bucks for a real DMD, so I wanted to see it in action.
Parallel to that VP made a huge evolution to dx9, finally allowing the GPU to take over and improve performance and looks immensely. And the new physics are just outstanding and a total game changer. Tables made for this are just awesome.
The worst thing is that nothing is properly documented in one place. There are a couple of new YouTube tutorials though which I didn't check out yet. The community is pretty cool and always helpful as well. So I spent a LOT of time reading forums and I would say 2-3 days setting everything up and finding my own system... Goodbye weekend. But it is totally worth it!!!
Playing on the cab is so much fun, seeing the animations on the DMD is gorgeously retro, and I can enjoy my favourite tables like Indiana Jones, AC-DC,...and tons of cool EMs for quiet times.
I still support TPA and hope they take the step to get in the cab. It would be a cool alternative and certainly keep up the competition.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Bad collision detection and a faked 3d perspective are two completely different things. Totan is one of very few tables that exhibit this if I recall correctly.

I never ever said anything even clsoe to "fake 3d perspective". What the heck are you going on about?

smokinbowles

Feb 27, 2014
I'ved used VP too, but prefer the TPA. Although VP is a royal pain to set up and free, it seems to lack some consistency with graphics and physics depending on who made the table. TPA seems to have consistent physics. Although, some VP tables have better graphics than TPA at least the graphics are consistent across the tables. I'm waiting to build my table until they release the support because who knows what options they will have on it.

smokinbowles

Feb 27, 2014
Yeah, some of the tables on VP are sharper than TPA, but some are very poor like Dr Who. But I hope they get cab support as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts