when will we see cabinet options?

Enduro

Aug 6, 2014
Joined the forum just to add my hat into the "I want cabinet options." I just got everything mounted and working in mine. Just have to work on the cosmetics and whatnot. I'm waaaay behind where I wanted to be on the project and thought there would be something by now. At this point I'd settle for native support for my Virtua Pin controller, that would keep me happy for a little while. The remapping solutions are giving me headaches (as does visual pinball which is why I'm drooling for a solution from TPA).

I know things are tight but a little would go along way. Based on what I was reading in these forums for months I bought all the tables early on in my project with nothing but the cabinet in mind.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Joined the forum just to add my hat into the "I want cabinet options." I just got everything mounted and working in mine. Just have to work on the cosmetics and whatnot. I'm waaaay behind where I wanted to be on the project and thought there would be something by now. At this point I'd settle for native support for my Virtua Pin controller, that would keep me happy for a little while. The remapping solutions are giving me headaches (as does visual pinball which is why I'm drooling for a solution from TPA).

I know things are tight but a little would go along way. Based on what I was reading in these forums for months I bought all the tables early on in my project with nothing but the cabinet in mind.
Sounds like myself a year ago :)

I happily play VP now, the latest tables by uw and others are just plain awesome and way better than it's TPA counterparts. And while everyone here waits for TAF kickstarter you can already play it in VP. And with real DMD, plunger, non-superhuman analogue nudging, ...

Seriously, VP is the thing for cabs right now. If built one you will figure it out as well.

Helps waiting for ProPinball or, eventually, TPA.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
There simply aren't that many people to complain about it really, compared to the overall demographic for TPA, cab owners are only a drop in the bucket. And you only give them the same 5$ per table as the rest of us, barring KS time, which, well you aren't supporting.

In which case then, just release a beta version of it that they had playable back at the pinball expo back at the end of last year, it would be better than nothing. Even if it doesnt work out of the box, were PC users were used to fudging around with stuff to get it working!!

nabby2020

Mar 2, 2014
Farsight has been such a disappointment with this. I'm not spending anything on PA until we see cabinet and won't recommend it to others, hell, pinball fx2 is closer and the tables are ridiculous

striggell

Nov 19, 2013
Pinball fx2 is pretty much there now. The portrait views are actually decent, dmd can be placed on another screen and if you launch through pinballx you have an easy static backglass. One of the reasons I buy their new tables on 3 different platforms as soon as they come out. PA hasn't seen a cent from me since season 2. Just fixing the terrible portrait view on PA would go a fair way towards stopping some of this noise (oh and dx11.....)

nabby2020

Mar 2, 2014
Pinball fx2 is pretty much there now. The portrait views are actually decent, dmd can be placed on another screen and if you launch through pinballx you have an easy static backglass. One of the reasons I buy their new tables on 3 different platforms as soon as they come out. PA hasn't seen a cent from me since season 2. Just fixing the terrible portrait view on PA would go a fair way towards stopping some of this noise (oh and dx11.....)
I completely agree, I just wish fx2 had tables that were realistic. I don't mind them being fictional tables, just realistic play (not just physics, the table features too)

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
To all the people saying they would pay extra for cab support all I have to say is why ? Isn't a DMD and backglass part of a pinball machine ? Don't think there should be any extra costs for this feature just because they have these resources at their disposal anyway, that and I don't own a cab only two monitors. Enjoying Future Pinball on my set up and they make it easy to run a two screen set up even if you don't agree with the physics.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
To all the people saying they would pay extra for cab support all I have to say is why ? Isn't a DMD and backglass part of a pinball machine ? Don't think there should be any extra costs for this feature just because they have these resources at their disposal anyway, that and I don't own a cab only two monitors. Enjoying Future Pinball on my set up and they make it easy to run a two screen set up even if you don't agree with the physics.
Future pinball does make it very easy to play in a multi screen setup.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Why? Because it's still aimed at a small niche section of their audience and requires specific development targeting that only a limited number of users will benefit from. Finally, if a small fee can motive Farsight to consider this more seriously, I am up for that.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Why? Because it's still aimed at a small niche section of their audience and requires specific development targeting that only a limited number of users will benefit from. Finally, if a small fee can motive Farsight to consider this more seriously, I am up for that.
That's not entirely true. Anyone with two monitors can take advantage of the main cab options which would be a back glass monitor, full screen play field and movable dmd. Or at least back glass dmd.

The thing is that they said that they wouldn't charge extra for this feature which basically makes it accessible to everyone who has TPA and with very little effort a reasonable "cab" pinball experience can be had out of it.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Jeff: so many of those guys say TPA sucks so they don't appear to be potential customers yuck yuck ;)

Superballs: true but I betcha 2 monitor support won't be considered as "cabinet support" by the cabinet owners but yes it's true. If they could support at least the back glass and dmd on a second monitor, lots of people would be happy for sure, including me :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Jeff: so many of those guys say TPA sucks so they don't appear to be potential customers yuck yuck ;)

Well, seeing how the PC version of TPA doesn't seem to get much love other than DLC, can't say I really blame those who feel that way. I still feel very strongly that Farsight blew a huge opportunity to cater to the VP crowd as it was and is the largest virtual pinball community around.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I understand there's a lot of frustration out there regarding lack of cabinet support, but keep your posts civil, please.

Loadedweapon

Oct 26, 2013
I think everyone has been pretty civil... We have been waiting for a year and the only thing to show is change your video options so you can play full screen... they could atleast give us that option..

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I think everyone has been pretty civil... We have been waiting for a year and the only thing to show is change your video options so you can play full screen... they could atleast give us that option..
A "rotate display" in the in-game options shouldn't be that hard to do - Zen did it quite easily, and made their tables playable since their traditional camera angles really suck. Cabinet owners are not the only ones who can play them this way - just a normal widescreen monitor will do just fine if you tilt it right, and with enough time you won't need to tilt it at all - your eyes will automatically adjust.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts