Where is phantom of the opera for ISO

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
uhhhhhhhhhh, iOS wasn't out last month...

I don't know why I'm wasting my breath but last month at this time Apple was getting ready to release iOS 8. Do you think all the developers wait until the day they release a new operating system to send in updates? Uhhhhhhhhhh

Ken_Clark

Dec 28, 2012
I don't know why I'm wasting my breath but last month at this time Apple was getting ready to release iOS 8. Do you think all the developers wait until the day they release a new operating system to send in updates? Uhhhhhhhhhh

You obviously have no idea about app development....I do, so there is no excuse for this from The Pinball Arcade...Plus where is the Season option? They obviously STILL aren't prepared...

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
You obviously have no idea about app development....I do, so there is no excuse for this from The Pinball Arcade...Plus where is the Season option? They obviously STILL aren prepared...
Bram Stoker's Dracula was delayed because of lengthy app review time. Season Pack 4 will not appear for iOS until the end of Season 4 due to Apple policy. Season Pack 3 should appear with Phantom of the Opera...which is currently delayed because of lengthy app review time.

A very similar situation happened when iOS 7 came out, and there were delays and much wailing and gnashing of teeth then, too.

Ken_Clark

Dec 28, 2012
Bram Stoker's Dracula was delayed because of lengthy app review time. Season Pack 4 will not appear for iOS until the end of Season 4 due to Apple policy. Season Pack 3 should appear with Phantom of the Opera...which is currently delayed because of lengthy app review time.

A very similar situation happened when iOS 7 came out, and there were delays and much wailing and gnashing of teeth then, too.

Thanks for the info...I'll be sure to check back with the iTunes store in a year.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013

Thats correct.

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Option one: If I want to save a few bucks and pay for all of season four, I'll have to wait for all of the tables to be released (and spend the next year playing the existing tables).

Option two: Pay for each season four table upon release.

If this is the case, it would be cool if Far Sight would throw the option two people a bone of some sort. Maybe something like giving the first season five table away free to all ISO users who purchased all of the season four tables.

Any similar thoughts?

timharrod

Sep 27, 2012
...it would be cool if Far Sight would throw the option two people a bone of some sort. Maybe something like giving the first season five table away free to all ISO users who purchased all of the season four tables.

Any similar thoughts?

I'm thinking much the same. Since this is Apple's rule and not FarSight's, isn't it all the same to them if, say, purchasers of the first six or seven tables are automatically credited for the rest of the season?

Patience may be a virtue, but we don't become pinball fans by being patience junkies. Pinball exists because sometimes you want a little instant gratification.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It would be cool if they could do something like...
Anyone that buys the first six tables of a season gets the standard version of any other tables released that season for free.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I just wanted to mention I bought the new table and R-Type II earlier with a $10 iTunes gift card credit I had. I realize the wait for the new table is on Apple and same for the season pass issue. I will probably buy a large iTunes gift card so I can stay current in upcoming tournaments on The Pinball Arcade.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
As a work around Apple, I wish Farsight could just have the pro version of Phantom sell for whatever the season pass cost is and then we'd get new tables as updates rather than have to buy each table individually. It's a lot easier to swallow a mediocre table within a season pass than it is when you're paying 5 bucks for it. I can't imagine Phantom is gonna be a hot seller off free play with that flipper gap and not much to do.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
As a work around Apple, I wish Farsight could just have the pro version of Phantom sell for whatever the season pass cost is and then we'd get new tables as updates rather than have to buy each table individually. It's a lot easier to swallow a mediocre table within a season pass than it is when you're paying 5 bucks for it. I can't imagine Phantom is gonna be a hot seller off free play with that flipper gap and not much to do.

I justify it this way, TPA is much less harmful of an addiction than say, smoking or drinking. And 10x less expensive. I'm kinda weird though cause TPA is the only game I play. Also there would be an uproar from the peeps that only play on other platforms if IOS users got some sort of perk like a free table. Even though that would definitely make sense considering the whole season pass thing.

P.S. - yeah, I'm gonna blindly buy all the tables still. But I'm just 1 person FS. Don't take that as, we need to up the price even more. Haha

Ken_Clark

Dec 28, 2012
The last 2 tables were delayed a couple of days.

Seriously people.

And sales are plummeting...at least at this home...I like my real, Diner, Funhouse, Addams Family & Jungle Queen better than these Impersonator ripoffs any how...Well it was fun while it lasted...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.