Where's the tournament?

N

Nik Barbour

Man! You've had a rough time with logins. Did you ever understand what the previous bug was with the AFM beta?

Yeah - Ryan managed to replicate it, but only live, it didn't do it in de-bug mode. He said it was a 'memory stomp' issue and once he'd found it, was surprised anyone had managed to login.
He's fixed that though - I think this is just the usual glitchy leaderboards.
Does it consistently, using Nexus tethered to phone with wifi hotspot switched on (I work away). The app just crashes when trying to post a tournament score, yet I have full internet access. Might be alright on normal wifi??? Could have just been the time I was doing it???
Problem is you can't be bothered working for a good score when you find yourself begging "please make it through to the leaderboard".
Whinge over.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I still think the tournament format needs revising, everyone should have one single chance on each table at a high score (as per normal competition play), if you want another run-through (Like PAPA qualifiers) then you should have to pay.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I still think the tournament format needs revising, everyone should have one single chance on each table at a high score (as per normal competition play), if you want another run-through (Like PAPA qualifiers) then you should have to pay.

I like this idea. +1

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012

Pay more money?

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
3 free games per table, 3 more for just a very little amount of cash (something like $ .19?) for a tourney in which you can win ball skins. Maybe more expensive tourneys for bigger rewards like a free table pack for the top 25 players. I'd like that even if I'd certainly never end up in the top 25 myself...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'd rather it be done PAPA-style, where an "entry" consists of one run through each of the 8 tables. Unlike PAPA, you can have as many entries as you like without paying extra (at least for tournaments with small prizes), but you cannot pick-and-choose your high scores from different entries - you have to play a consistent run of 8 good games in a row to reach the top. Otherwise you run into problems like Carl says, where players with lesser skill but more free time can just keep replaying a table until they get their miracle game, then move on to the next table and repeat. Having to play all 8 tables as a set and then take those scores all-or-nothing would help differentiate between lots of skill and lots of time.

I'd also really like to see the tables put in their tournament modes (where applicable), or at least have extra balls turned off.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah, the extra balls puts me off even trying, I need to put aside a good chunk of time (like 2 hours) for each table. It's just not worth it.

26 people this weekend gone, put up scores on 6 different REAL tables in around 2 hours.

I want short and sweet games!

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
LOL @ John Sylwestrak and his (as of this date) 41.408.306 score on ST;TNG
Select ball-lock on the first 2 plunges at 10M bonus each, and light hollodeck on your third (choose left option for the 25M bonus), and that's already a guaranteed 45,000,000,000
You can beat his score by just plunging wisely. John if you're reading this, you can beat... etc. Those who barely manage beyond that score aren't using their head either.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
My heart just wasn't in it the last tournament (to many bugs) But I am having a good time with the new tournament. 8 tables is probably a bit to many tough. Surprised at how high I am in the standings so far (nr 2)because I would rank myself way down below the top 100. I have a sunken feeling I will drop like an anchor soon enough :confused:

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
What's wrong with that? Better than people with loads of free time just sitting there hammering tables until they get a decent score.

Some of us have jobs :)

If the prices get juicier I am willing to pay up. But if the prices are just skins then there is no point to pay so i can see my name in the tourney.

Also 8 tables is a bit high. I think 3-4 tables is as high as I would like to see it.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
As much as I'd like to take part, I just don't have the spare time to invest in this tournament. For that reason "I'm out" :cool:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Aw man. just knock the ball around on each table for the hell of it, and for sh/ts and giggles see how for it got you afterwards. The more the merrier.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I am enjoying this new tournament so far as well. Hopefully I do good enough to actually win something this time.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
I say we should make it a pay tournament and the winner gets a real Pinball Table.. hehe:p

The 1st Place on the TZ got me the coveted spot. A 1st place is all you need.

Nobody keep playing, lets call it a tournament

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I probably won't be paying for any tournaments.

But at the same time, i think it's a bit silly to have bought entries. So those of us who don't want to pay get punished and those who do can basically just buy their tourney win.

Maybe paid and free tourneys...but one round through the tables, or even three or I really liked Sean's idea that you can have as many as you want but you need to rotate through the tables in a set order.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Yeah I don't believe on paying for tourneys. Maybe No Extra balls is way better.

If we have to pay for extra plays like it was suggested then the complain to the winners will be: "How much did it cost you to win"?

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
I say we should make it a pay tournament and the winner gets a real Pinball Table.. hehe:p

The 1st Place on the TZ got me the coveted spot. A 1st place is all you need.

Nobody keep playing, lets call it a tournament

I would agree with everything you said here Advalle if you hadn't knocked me out of 1st! :( Nice job on that TZ score :)

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah I don't believe on paying for tourneys. Maybe No Extra balls is way better.

If we have to pay for extra plays like it was suggested then the complain to the winners will be: "How much did it cost you to win"?

But thats EXACTLY how PAPA is.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.