Which table packs should I buy once the PC version comes out?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Ok, I'm really having trouble deciding which packs to buy for the PC version, besides the mandatory Core tables. Thinking about buying 2 packs (for a total of $20), but I'm deciding between Twilight Zone and (insert table here), Medieval Madness and Bride of Pin*Bot, Monster Bash and Gorgar, or No Good Gofers and (insert Elvira table here). Any thoughts?

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Medieval Madness is a great table, it's a bit "rinse and repeat", but great nonetheless with a good sense of humor and a real challenge to boot. Maybe you could try-before-you-buy with the VP versions (if available), and see what tickles your fancy ?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I do have VP 8 installed, with some of the tables on there. I also have the Wii PHoF versions.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I mean, I'm going for more table packs in the coming months (like the new pack and one other); just not stopping at only 2 DLC packs.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I say stay away from Cirqus Voltaire. Until they actually make it fun again on iOs, stay away. But you're asking about PC. I don't care. Until FarSight fixes the iOs version, I'm telling everyone to stay away. It's the only way I can boycott that table since I already bought it. Grrrrrrrr.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I'm going to buy them all, it was going to be my main platform until I caved and got the 360 version. I might wait for a steam sale though since this could get expensive quick.. but on the other hand I want to support anyone keeping classic gaming alive.

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
I say stay away from Cirqus Voltaire. Until they actually make it fun again on iOs, stay away. But you're asking about PC. I don't care. Until FarSight fixes the iOs version, I'm telling everyone to stay away. It's the only way I can boycott that table since I already bought it. Grrrrrrrr.

I still find it quite fun. I'm worried about what all these bugs are doing to this project's reputation, but personally they don't keep me from playing. In the real world it was very rare to find a perfectly tuned table, but we still had a blast playing them. When the new fixes come out later, it'll be like getting a new table to play. I see balls flying off the table or rolling through the raised right flipper in pretty much 100% of my CFTBL games (new iPad), but I still play it every day.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Just click SELECT ALL. :)
Seriously though, I can't think of a table I wouldn't spend at leat $5 each on. Thankfully we don't have to spend that much.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012

Have to agree with you there, CV is without doubt the buggiest of all the tables so far. I've hardly put any time into it at all as every time I give it another chance I never manage to finish a single game without a ball getting stuck and having to call the attendant, the camera getting stuck in the wrong position and costing me drained balls or getting 2 or 3 balls stuck in the plunger. Farsight, please concentrate on fixing the game breaking bugs in this bug ridden table! :mad:

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012

I love CV on the 360 - the light show is the best out of all of the tables IMO and it plays great. Since he's getting it on the PC I would actually recommend the table since it will probably be based off the 360 version. I actually think the CV and FH pack is one of the best since Funhouse is such a great table.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Well the PC version , we just dont get any feedback , so I have grave doubts about a 2012 release . But once it does arrive , I'm looking forward to using my Geforce 570 and seeing the best version of the game , do you realise the Playstation 3 all use the Geforce 7900 GPU? that's 7 years old , and I have probably upgraded my PC 10 times since that card was used. .

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
Well the PC version , we just dont get any feedback , so I have grave doubts about a 2012 release . But once it does arrive , I'm looking forward to using my Geforce 570 and seeing the best version of the game , do you realise the Playstation 3 all use the Geforce 7900 GPU? that's 7 years old , and I have probably upgraded my PC 10 times since that card was used. .

The nVidia RSX may be based on the GF7900 but you've also gotta realize that game developers for consoles only have one set of hardware to optimize for. They can make that thing scream a heck of a lot louder than they ever could in a PC. However, this isn't the right thread to have a PC vs console war.

As to what tables to buy, I would recommend MM/TM:BoP and MB/Gorgar. Or BK/CftBL.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Welcome to the Pinball Arcade Fans forums , andASSaran we are a close knit community of fans of the game , feel free to post your thoughts and gain insight into the game through other members .

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
@Sinistar thanks for the welcome, and yeah my name is the result of an MMORPG's random name generator. It just kinda stuck...

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Now that Pinball Arcade is coming soon for the PC, I'm thinking about getting Monster Bash and Gorgar, the Core Pack, and Medieval Madness and Bride of Pin*Bot. Each month they release DLC, I'll buy 2 packs instead of just one, until I run out and eventually buy only one pack. My next 2 will probably be No Good Gofers and Party Monsters and Cirqus Voltaire and FunHouse.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Since it's on the PC though, there's a strong chance we'd be able to buy the tables individually instead of in a pack. That's what I am hoping for.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Actually, I might change my mind, except I'm definitely getting Pack 3 (mainly for Lyman's Lament, which is sooooo awesome!). I'm stuck between Medieval Madness/Bride of Pin*Bot and No Good Gofers and Elvira/Party Monsters. Since I've already played MM on Visual Pinball, I'm willing to nail that Hole-in-One shot for the first time.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.