Whirlwind doesn't work.... and a question about high scores?Leader Boards

Taffypro

Jul 6, 2013
Hi,

I just bought the table pack with Wirlwind and Champion Pub. I am running on an original Ipad, and every other table I own (all of Season 1) works flawlessly. However Wirlwind is a train wreck. It seems to be skipping frames or is on a delay. Everything seems slow, and the flippers react too late (impossible to play). Champion Pub seems to work ok, but I have seen the ball fly off the table (to the left) twice now. I did a full reset of my Ipad and every other table works fine except Wirlwind.

I think I want a refund, as Wirlwind (the game I wanted) doesn't really work.

Second. How do the Leader Boards work? I have achieved several high scores on different tables, yet they never appear. I am asked to post my initials (by the game) and they never appear. I notice all the leaders have user names (unlike my 3 letters). Is there something I am missing?

Third. What is the difference between the free version, and the one that costs a dollar? I was showing this app to my friend and we both scratched our heads.

Thanks for useful replies.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Hi,

I just bought the table pack with Wirlwind and Champion Pub. I am running on an original Ipad, and every other table I own (all of Season 1) works flawlessly. However Wirlwind is a train wreck. It seems to be skipping frames or is on a delay. Everything seems slow, and the flippers react too late (impossible to play). Champion Pub seems to work ok, but I have seen the ball fly off the table (to the left) twice now. I did a full reset of my Ipad and every other table works fine except Wirlwind.

I think I want a refund, as Wirlwind (the game I wanted) doesn't really work.

Second. How do the Leader Boards work? I have achieved several high scores on different tables, yet they never appear. I am asked to post my initials (by the game) and they never appear. I notice all the leaders have user names (unlike my 3 letters). Is there something I am missing?

Third. What is the difference between the free version, and the one that costs a dollar? I was showing this app to my friend and we both scratched our heads.

Thanks for useful replies.

I can't answer your first question as I play on an iPhone, not an iPad. Sorry to hear about your problems with WW. The issues you are experiencing with the leaderboards are occurring because they are currently down. I have gotten in contact with FS about the issue, they are aware of it and said they are working on it, but gave no specific date for a fix. And finally- the difference between the free and the dollar version is minimal with one exception. If you care about comparing hall of fame point with other players, or the other features of Gamecenter in general, I would go with the dollar version as last I checked there were far more people on there rather than the free one.

Hope that helped. Welcome to the forum!

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Other people have reported Whirlwind slowness issues here.

Scores not posting to leaderboards here.

And, the free app includes limited-play demos of all tables. The paid app includes the full version of Tales of the Arabian Nights. That's the only difference, but if you think you'll be into TPA for the long haul, buy the paid version in order to better compare your GC achievements (if that matters for you) with others.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Are you logging in. You need to log in for to get on the leaderboards. It shows up as your username, not the initials you enter in on the game.

Taffypro

Jul 6, 2013
Thanks for the replies.

@Lord Baron...I am logging into Game Central, if that is what you mean, and I am connected to the internet.... got a killer score on Central Park last night.

@DeeEff I appreciate the threads, but it is pretty much unplayable. I have never tried for a refund at the App store....

I wonder if high scores don't appear if you have the free app? They should mention the above to entice people, I would have definitely paid $1 for Arabian Nights (which I ended up buying).

Thanks again,

G

Taffypro

Jul 6, 2013
@Fungi... You beat me by 3 points! Just got the game and my name should be #138 (6141 pts)..

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
@Fungi... You beat me by 3 points! Just got the game and my name should be #138 (6141 pts)..

Oh good. At least you're on GC. That's "Fung1" btw. That's my FreeApp account. It occasionally gets used for beta testing. My main account is "Fungi" currently at 12060 pts. You'll catch up to me soon enough.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Taffypro

Jul 6, 2013
Yeah... and the fish was how big? D'oh, you cannot post a photo.

I see Russell Bergman at 12,476 and in second place is Emodark89 with 9,751. I guess the leaderboards don't work that great for you either.

Thanks for the reply.

Gary

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah... and the fish was how big? D'oh, you cannot post a photo.

I see Russell Bergman at 12,476 and in second place is Emodark89 with 9,751. I guess the leaderboards don't work that great for you either.

Thanks for the reply.

Gary

Wait, I'm confused now. Here's a photo btw. I'm "ME" of course.

Also, Russell doesn't appear in my boards. Wudupwitdat?

Edit: Oh wait, different apps, (paid vs. free) different boards. Derp.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts