White Water stopped working after 1.15 update?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
There are less drastic things that can be done first that I recommended someone try when this issue first came up. No one seems to be willing to do it and I'm not having the issue. In the PS3 recovery menu there are two options that I'd like to see someone try. They are #3 Restore File System and #4 Rebuild Database.

If I was having the problem I would have already done these and then we'd know but I don't so I didn't and we don't know. :D

Hmmm...would those delete everything off the ps3?

No. Rebuilding the database will remove play lists and folder organization. Restoring the file system won't change anything that you will see.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hello Forum members,

Basically we were able to reproduce it once. After clearing save data and deleting the game, then completely re-installing the game, tables, and creating a new save file, we were not able to reproduce the bug again. We are determined to fix these issues and we are looking forward to the PS3/Vita mega patch.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I did the same thing and still got the bug

Restoring the file system and rebuilding the database don't take very long. Would you be willing to do those? When I upgraded to a 1TB hard drive I had some issues until I ran those after I loaded a bunch of free plus games that I didn't have room for before.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I can reproduce this on my PS3 too. Freezes on table select screen.

It must be something pretty obscure if FS can't replicate it but pretty much everyone on the forum can! Good luck FS.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Ok dudes and dudettes, I just read on Facebook that a fix is coming with the megapatch. Breathe easy.

Side note: I'm killing my scores since I switched to 720p. Probably won't to back to 1080p again. Thanks, WH2O bug!

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
I'm telling you guys, the lag and play on 720p is night and day compared to 1080. I can't play this game AT ALL on 1080. Switch it up to 720 for a couple days, then go back to 1080 and it'll jump up and bite you in the nose.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I'm telling you guys, the lag and play on 720p is night and day compared to 1080. I can't play this game AT ALL on 1080. Switch it up to 720 for a couple days, then go back to 1080 and it'll jump up and bite you in the nose.

I've never had a problem with 1080p. Does it depend on the TV? I probably have the smallest TV that can run 1080p.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Let's see what's going to happen regarding the lag with the upcoming megapatch.

For my part, I always notice a difference between 720 and 1080, but not as big as before (I played a lot of games on CFTBL in 1080i yesterday night, and it was totally playable).

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Im haveing the same problem with White Water table. I did notice that if you start diferent table, then quit in mid game and start White Water seems fixing the problem for me most of the times.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
More White Water shenanigans: I was looking at the leaderboards on table pack 19 and 20. I was really just booting up the tables, checking the leaderboards and doing the same on the next table. Suddenly, one of the tables (can't remember which) displayed the White Water logo instead of the current table's logo at the top of the scoreboard. I went back and nothing went wrong, but one or two tables later the game turned off and I was put back into the Playstation menu.

I know this isn't very descriptive, but thought I should mention it in case it was related to the main bug and caused some eureka moment. For the tables in pack 19 and 20, I was just selecting the table, viewing the high scores, exiting the table and selecting another.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I just had the same freeze-upon-start with RBION after playing ScSt for a while . Tried to replicate the issue but unsuccessful. Mk

edit: the sound didn't come back unlike WH2O

Last edited:

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
More White Water shenanigans: I was looking at the leaderboards on table pack 19 and 20. I was really just booting up the tables, checking the leaderboards and doing the same on the next table. Suddenly, one of the tables (can't remember which) displayed the White Water logo instead of the current table's logo at the top of the scoreboard. I went back and nothing went wrong, but one or two tables later the game turned off and I was put back into the Playstation menu.

I know this isn't very descriptive, but thought I should mention it in case it was related to the main bug and caused some eureka moment. For the tables in pack 19 and 20, I was just selecting the table, viewing the high scores, exiting the table and selecting another.

I had something simillar, with white waters scoreboard haveing logo from arabian nights :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts