Request Whoa Nellie, Big Juicy Mellons (Stern)

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
[MENTION=4545]PAFO[/MENTION] pointed out in the most wanted post Zaccaria ASK tables poll, Whoa Nellie is now being manufactured by Stern. I think it would be great to have this one in TPA! We would get a "new Stern" and classic "EM" all in one. The game uses EM score reels, but voiceovers sound and music like an SS.

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/whoa-nellie/whoa

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Everything makes this a perfect game for TPA. A new machine by a company that TPA has dealings with that won't be difficult to emulate.

Only issue is... all the innuendo. That won't fit into TPA.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Plenty of innuendo from Elvira, so I don't think that would totally kill it. Can FS even rom emulate the system used on this pin or would they have to script it?

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Can FS even rom emulate the system used on this pin or would they have to script it?

I'm sure it can be emulated, as it uses the same system that Stern Wrestlemania does (SPIKE).

Only issue is this is an even newer system, which apparently is driven by a more modern architecture approach. I can't find too many tech details, but reportedly it's one main CPU running Linux, and other functions (such as the sound driver or light driver) handled by sub-boards running microcontrollers. If Stern's SAM system was too fast to be emulated on slow mobile devices, this would probably be impossible!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They could always script it. It doesn't have a bunch of overly complicated rules. At its heart it is an EM.

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
I'm not knocking Whoa Nellie for TPA, but personally if TPA does a new stern game, I'd rather see a Star Trek, AC/DC, Metallica, Iron Man, Avengers, or even Walking Dead before Whoa Nellie...but to each their own. Any new stern game emulated on TPA would be cool nevertheless.
I do like Stern giving a nod to the more "easy to learn, hard to master" type games. i.e., SS/EM era.
The innuendo is surely there, but one could make a case of Elvira and Scared Stiff giving Whoa Nellie a challenge for top innuendo.
I would certainly pay and download the game should TPA consider Whoa Nellie Juicy Melons.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Superdan, I'd prefer the tables you mention as well. But Nellie doesn't have all of the nasty licensing issues that they do. Just looking at Nellie as a chance to add a Stern pin that is currently in the public eye.
Im actually not a big fan of small flipper games other than Fireball and a handful of others.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The innuendo is surely there, but one could make a case of Elvira and Scared Stiff giving Whoa Nellie a challenge for top innuendo.
I would certainly pay and download the game should TPA consider Whoa Nellie Juicy Melons.

I think this one will raise more eyebrows. The whole table is about boobs. Pretty much everything is a breast pun.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Everything is OK, no harmful boobs in sight
imrs.php

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Europe/Australia/NZ/Canada = Boobs allowed, no violence plz.
USA = Violence plz, but no boobies!
Rest of the World = ?? Yeah I'm ignorant so sue me :D I've only lived in Europe and the USA.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Europe/Australia/NZ/Canada = Boobs allowed, no violence plz.
USA = Violence plz, but no boobies!
Rest of the World = ?? Yeah I'm ignorant so sue me :D I've only lived in Europe and the USA.

Depends on the part of Europe. I'd say the UK is more in line with the US.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'd say the UK is more in line with the US.

Well that's coming from your separatist Scottish perspective.... :D

Londoners would be all "ooh, did I just see something naughty? better not talk about it, where's a Metro when you need one so I can hide my face from everyone else?"

Certainly over here it's very much "no sex please we're American, but I can haz teh gunz bcoz 2nd amendment?"

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Depends on the part of Europe. I'd say the UK is more in line with the US.

I would never say that, in many UK TV shows there's plenty of sex and swearing. And even policemen on the streets don't have guns.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
It says right in Sterns description Melony Mellon and her twin sisters are but mellon farmers, so what if they have great boobs? :p seriously tho, Elvira pulls my extra ball from between her boobs on Scared Stiff, and if I am not mistaken dude yells "orgy" when multiball starts on Party Monsters, including many many other sexual innuendos on both tables. Add ons dont seem to be rated the same as full games. I think they could and should recreate. Sex>violence any day.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Having played them game... I'm not so sure what the fuss is all about. Yeah it looks great but gameplay-wise, it's not so much. I think in a way it shows how good EM designers were, when a "modern" designer tries his hand at a "throwback" table like this.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I have not had a chance to play it. I am just craving a little more "variety" in TPA, don't get me wrong I love what we have been getting, but they could get more seasons in if they space them out more a little. What I really want, is more EMs, too bad it sucked

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts