Why did they remove the white ball ?

qwertydvorak

Jun 26, 2013
I have been playing for a while now. I used to play all of my tables set to the solid white ball for visibility (playing on phone and it is hard to track the silver ball). An update a while back took away the solid white ball and now the only choice there is for high visibility is the zebra stripe. The zebra ball is distracting. I would much rather have the white ball back for us who have trouble seeing the ball on a tiny screen.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I think it was removed due to TZ's PowerBall being the same color- and now, because the data of the PowerBall is used in the white ball, it is unusable- and no, creepy voice, we won't give it back!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
They probably took it out because of Twilight Zone and the Powerball.

You know what I want. An option for "all" the ball skins. Multiball would be a blast!

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
The bright green skin isn't bad either, depending on the playfield.

I used to use the bright green one on a lot of tables but a couple updates ago they made it a lot more reflective than its used to be (PS3). Since then I use the zebra ball a lot more because I don't feel like the green one stands out from the table as much as it used to.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
They probably took it out because of Twilight Zone and the Powerball.

You know what I want. An option for "all" the ball skins. Multiball would be a blast!
I thought it would be cool to get an option to "shuffle" the ball color. Just dispense a different colored ball every time one is dispensed to the plunger. However, I'm not quite sure if this would cause bugs with multiball on the tables. It could be the engine is designed to only allow a single ball texture per game, or at the very least, per ball in play. Even so, a "random" option would be nice in addition to the other ball options. Only that could get annoying if I had to play an entire game with a particularly obnoxious ball. Also, since the Star Trek table got three balls in their custom ball pack as opposed to the TZ and "Eyeball" packs, it would be nice to have an option to shuffle between those three balls when I play the Star Trek table. I personally love to play the eyeball for both Elvira tables, Ripleys, and Bride of Pinbot. Depends on the theme. 8-ball is the only way to play Big Shot IMO.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I thought it would be cool to get an option to "shuffle" the ball color. Just dispense a different colored ball every time one is dispensed to the plunger. However, I'm not quite sure if this would cause bugs with multiball on the tables. It could be the engine is designed to only allow a single ball texture per game, or at the very least, per ball in play. Even so, a "random" option would be nice in addition to the other ball options. Only that could get annoying if I had to play an entire game with a particularly obnoxious ball. Also, since the Star Trek table got three balls in their custom ball pack as opposed to the TZ and "Eyeball" packs, it would be nice to have an option to shuffle between those three balls when I play the Star Trek table. I personally love to play the eyeball for both Elvira tables, Ripleys, and Bride of Pinbot. Depends on the theme. 8-ball is the only way to play Big Shot IMO.

In a perfect world, TPA would allow (and save) a per-table preference of which balls you want during gameplay. Select 1 ball in the pref, or multiselect several balls. Toggle whether you want them in order or at random.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts