Why doesn't storing tables on the SD card save space?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I look up storage, and it says 60 some MB for the base program, and the several hundred MB worth of tables are on the SD card, yet adding new tables takes up more space on the main storage. Why?

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Don't know if this the answer but SD card does mean main memory on my pad. The removable card is called extSDcard and is not used by TPA.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I'll believe the best possibility is to select the folder by himself. It should be not so difficult to program and also the external SD card could be used 😀 Normal SD card means in most of the cases the internal memory and not the external one.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I look up storage, and it says 60 some MB for the base program, and the several hundred MB worth of tables are on the SD card, yet adding new tables takes up more space on the main storage. Why?
Unless you have app2sd active on your device (requires root), you are not going to have consistent results when trying to move some apps to the SD card.

And some apps will simply not work correctly when the app believes it is not on the SSD in the device.

app2sd removes this issue and symlinks the files so the app doesn't know the difference.

I take it you have a very fast card in your SD slot. Something Class 10 or better?

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
app2sd removes this issue and symlinks the files so the app doesn't know the difference.

App2sd:
Which version & from which developer(XDA?) does you use the app? In Google there are xy different versions from different developer available

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
App2sd:
Which version & from which developer(XDA?) does you use the app? In Google there are xy different versions from different developer available
It depends on the device that Richard B has, and what kernel he's using.

The kernel has to support app2sd (needs init.d from memory so the app2sd service is started during the boot process).

I used app2sd on my TF300T (the Asus Transformer had terrible I/O write speeds on their bottlenecked SSD on that device) and it worked so well. Sped up the device as well and meant it didn't chug to a halt.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It depends on the device that Richard B has, and what kernel he's using.

The kernel has to support app2sd (needs init.d from memory so the app2sd service is started during the boot process).

I used app2sd on my TF300T (the Asus Transformer had terrible I/O write speeds on their bottlenecked SSD on that device) and it worked so well. Sped up the device as well and meant it didn't chug to a halt.
I'm actually thinking of link2sd, not app2sd.

link2sd requires root. A very comprehensive guide is available from http://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...mctr=(not provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=238584579

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Something Class 10 or better?
of course CLASS 10

link2sd requires root. A very comprehensive guide is available from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=238584579
in this case, I'll believe' trouble will be arrived, if you want to add some customer bind to flash on the ext. SD and/or if you must wipe your data about some changes in the file structure.

I prefer, that the ext_SD is mounted as an own drive for diff. reason...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.