Will iCade 8-Bitty ever get mappings?

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I really hope so. And if zaccaria can do it, and thousands of other non pinball games farsight should be capable too.

Copy zaccarias one and add more buttons to it.

flywithsean

Apr 20, 2013
It is a great controller for pinball on the iPad.

The shoulder buttons should be the flippers and d pad for directional nudging.

biobern

May 29, 2013
We all NEED support for the 8-bitty. It should be REALLY easy to implement.

It is a great controller for pinball on the iPad.

The shoulder buttons should be the flippers and d pad for directional nudging.

Correct. And the icontrolpad in icade-mode should work then too, right?

bodobear

May 29, 2013
Just got my 8-bitty and YES it would be great to add button mapping.
Pinball Arcade will rock with that controller for sure !

Thnikkaman

Sep 28, 2012
I have the 8-bitty, and the flipper placement is ok if you use the iPad settings (L-trigger is left flipper, bottom right face button is right flipper.) I would like the buttons to be mappable though, because it's more natural to have both triggers as flippers.

bodobear

May 29, 2013
I have the 8-bitty, and the flipper placement is ok if you use the iPad settings (L-trigger is left flipper, bottom right face button is right flipper.) I would like the buttons to be mappable though, because it's more natural to have both triggers as flippers.

it can't be so hard to map the flippers to the two shoulder buttons.
i bought every available table and really hope they will add that option soon.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think the biggest issue is that they don't have any information for the 8-Bitty buttons online (at least they didn't have any when FarSight was implementing the iCade controls). Without documentation or a device, it makes implementation rather hard.

Maybe someone that has one can create a graphic of the device with the button down/button up keys?

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
I think the biggest issue is that they don't have any information for the 8-Bitty buttons online (at least they didn't have any when FarSight was implementing the iCade controls). Without documentation or a device, it makes implementation rather hard.

Maybe someone that has one can create a graphic of the device with the button down/button up keys?
This is still the case. You can see which buttons are mapped to which up/down keys by going to any text field and pressing buttons on the controller.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
This is still the case. You can see which buttons are mapped to which up/down keys by going to any text field and pressing buttons on the controller.

Here goes:

D-pad
Left="a" when depressed, "q" when released
Up= "w" depressed, "e" released
Right= "d" depressed, "c" released
Down= "x" depressed, "z" released

Triggers
Left= "h" depressed, "r" released
Right= "j" depressed, "n" released

Face Buttons
Upper Left= "i" depressed, "m" released
Upper Right= "o" depressed, "g" released
Lower Right= "L" depressed, "v" released
Lower Left= "k" depressed, "p" released

Center "select/start" buttons

Left= "y" depressed, "t" released
Right= "u" depressed, "f" released

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'll get one of these when it uses the iOS 7 IAP instead of a keyboard chip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AceyPrime

Nov 26, 2013
Just wanted to say the 8-Bitty support added in the last update works great - it's really a great controller for pinball with the large shoulder buttons. Thanks to the developers for implementing this!

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm just bummed that I pulled mine apart in trying to make a multi-platform controller to the point where there's no turning back. Does it play alright with it? Should I buy another just for TPA?

Old post update: Managed to find almost all the parts/screws/fiddly bits for my 8-Bitty and have successfully tested it with TPA. Works fine, but man the shoulder buttons could not be in a worse spot. Such an unwieldly controller, will definitely need to mod it with some side buttons or something:
productLarge_4183.jpg

I'm not sure how big those are, but they look like they could be perfect.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts