will TPA work with iOS7?

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
That's a good $0.02, Sinitro - but I've been talking with several developers whose apps were working fine right up through the last beta and parts of their apps are now broken with the GM. Therefore one must conclude that the release code is not 100% equivalent to the last beta. Grrrr.

I'm not saying that has anything to do with anything; just my $0.0125. :)

Software is 1000s' of lines of code, making 1 change can affect something else... No matter how much testing is done, other bugs may show up..
In my normal assignments, we undergo continual debugging and can take months to work through up to final version robust enough for release to mass production...

Just my $0.02... 👍😉

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Dunno, so far TPA seems identical in iOS 7 to me as it did in iOS 6 on my iPad 3.

Now what IS broken is choosing a photo for a wallpaper on the home screen, all stuttery and won't scale images. Argh. As for the overall look... eh whatever I'll live.

You can turn off parallax mode to get your wallpapers back to normal again.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
I've only installed iOS7 to my iPhone4S and test several TPA tables, they seem just fine even though I don't play TPA on my phone often because it's too small on my old eyes... I'm seeing slowness on Tiwtter(especially startup) etc but overall it feels just fine. Reading you guys report on iPad2 I can't install on it yet. To me phone isn't important at all but my iPad2 is. It runs many real heavy audio apps simultaneously and the poor old pad can afford abosolutely no additional resource usage as of now.. although I might need to upgrade anyway for the new inter-aduio feature iOS7 provides. I hope FarSight will do some optimization if it's that slow. Watching further report for iPad2 folks.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
shutyertrap you make some good points. I run a late 2010 Macbook pro that I'm keeping on Snow Leopard for precisely the reason that the newest OS version would bog it down.

I have a mid-2010 macbook pro that is on the latest OS X. It is fine. Just put 8GB of RAM (at least) and an SSD in. You won't believe how fast it is, actually.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
I have iPhone 5 and iPad 3, been running iOS 7 since Beta 5 on both devices. No problems with TPA on either. If you're having issues, I would recommend trying a Reset All Settings, and if that doesn't fix it, do a restore and set up as a new device (don't reload your backup)

N

netizen

I'm sticking with iOS 6. The screens I've seen of iOS 7 look like a step backwards.

FWIW from the screens I have seen, iOS 7 looks very Android in it's menu UI. This is merely a comment on the UI aesthetics, not on the functionality or anything deeper.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
FWIW from the screens I have seen, iOS 7 looks very Android in it's menu UI. This is merely a comment on the UI aesthetics, not on the functionality or anything deeper.

When it comes to booties and mobile OS's, flatter is not better, IMO. :)

/Sir Mix a Lot signing off

Eegah

May 12, 2013
You can turn off parallax mode to get your wallpapers back to normal again.

Doesn't work on the iPad. It's a bug -- you can't scale a pic to use as a wallpaper.

Supposedly there's some very particular dimensions you can crop to to get around it but even there I'm not having much luck.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I am considering downgrading to iOS6, but I don't play that much TPA on the iPad2 so I'm not sure. Allthough over all I feel that iOS7 is making my ipad2 more sluggish than ios6.

Meh, what to do? :p

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
Now wait a sec. You don't have any stuttering/slow-down/frame rate issues with tables like BH, TOTAN, TOM, MB, TZ, ST:TNG on your iPad2? Plays all smooth.....???

I just tried all those tables and no problems with them at all, everything runs smooth. Unless you're talking about a multi-ball mode or something... I didn't play them enough to get to one but I can check later. EDIT: Did multi-ball on ST:TNG and it was fine.

Anyway, I haven't had any problems with iOS 7 on my iPad 2, aside from Game Center crashing occasionally while I'm in that app.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I am considering downgrading to iOS6, but I don't play that much TPA on the iPad2 so I'm not sure. Allthough over all I feel that iOS7 is making my ipad2 more sluggish than ios6.

Meh, what to do? :p

Downgrade while ye can!

night

May 18, 2012
I just tried all those tables and no problems with them at all, everything runs smooth. Unless you're talking about a multi-ball mode or something... I didn't play them enough to get to one but I can check later. EDIT: Did multi-ball on ST:TNG and it was fine.

Anyway, I haven't had any problems with iOS 7 on my iPad 2, aside from Game Center crashing occasionally while I'm in that app.

Most odd.. I think I'll remove TPA and try to install the whole circus again, see if that does the thing. Thanks for your reply.

Edit: Re-installed everything, the worst table was Black Hole, which seemed to have improved after re-installing. Still I find the ball movement choppy, not completely smooth as it should be. But way better than before re-installing for sure.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts