Williams and Bally: the "next 30" unofficial poll.

Which of the following tables would you want in The Pinball Arcade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
I decided to limit myself to ten choices. Still ended up voting for 12. I'm a pin slut.

The poll is which games would you buy. Why limit your choices to an arbitrary number instead of simply picking all the ones you would be willing to purchase?

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I was asking the same thing. I love this table.

Rollergames was about 10 places shy of making the list.

In all honesty, IPDB ratings aren't that reliable, since the user base is very small and not every user rates every game. It's convenient for making a list like this, though.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
The poll is which games would you buy. Why limit your choices to an arbitrary number instead of simply picking all the ones you would be willing to purchase?

For me I think some kind of limit is a good idea. If I was going just by what I would buy I would have checked all 60 tables in both threads. I'm sure quite a bit of forum members would buy just about any table they release. So instead of having nearly a 30 way tie and learning nothing from the vote limit yourself somewhat and some can rise ahead and give FS a better idea what would be wanted most/soonest.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I will never understand why F-14 and 8-Ball are so popular, or why they sold so many.

WCS'94, Hurricane, and Jack*Bot are the essentials in this poll for me. Radical!, Paragon and No Fear are my 2nd 3.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I will never understand why F-14 and 8-Ball are so popular, or why they sold so many.

WCS'94, Hurricane, and Jack*Bot are the essentials in this poll for me. Radical!, Paragon and No Fear are my 2nd 3.

F-14 has easy to understand rules and challenging gameplay. It's non-stop action. The playfield is nearly symmetrical, which gives a good balance between the left and right flippers. And it has top-notch presentation (sound, lighting, etc), especially for System 11. I own one as well as WW and EATPM, and I play it more than those two.

EBD just has a great layout, with a good ruleset. It's a great game to play with friends. Gotta love that old school Bally sound, too.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
The Getaway? Fish Tales? RoadShow? Safe Cracker? Earthshaker? Highspeed? Just a few that should have been on the list. Stuff like 8-Ball and Sorcerer are already confirmed.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
The Getaway? Fish Tales? RoadShow? Safe Cracker? Earthshaker? Highspeed? Just a few that should have been on the list. Stuff like 8-Ball and Sorcerer are already confirmed.

You're in the wrong thread for games like those. Go here.

Whirlwind is on that poll, so I figured I'd go ahead and include Sorcerer anyway.

Last edited:

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Eight Ball Deluxe and Paragon. Paragon is the best wide body table and EBD is a classic that every pin fan should play.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Well, it's mostly a rehash; if they did release it, it would most likely be with Party Zone- both being follow-ups, after all...

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Voted for all the Steve Ritchie ones, plus a few others :) Can't get enough of that guy's designs.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
NBA Fastbreak is the best of the bunch. Awesome , fun game.
And we'll never play it. NBA Fastbreak will NEVER happen due to the NBA being a big license, not to mention the problem of licensing all the now-retired players. Having it even on there is a waste, as are EBD and Sorcerer, since these are already confirmed, or (in Sorcerer's case) highly likely. Other notable list omissions are Cyclone (but Comet and Hurricane are options?), Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, High Speed, and the Getaway.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Suprised to see f14 at the top. Not a bad game, but doesn't strike me as the best of the list. Fathom needs more love! And Flash Gordon, Barracora, Embyron and Paragon.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
And we'll never play it. NBA Fastbreak will NEVER happen due to the NBA being a big license, not to mention the problem of licensing all the now-retired players. Having it even on there is a waste, as are EBD and Sorcerer, since these are already confirmed, or (in Sorcerer's case) highly likely. Other notable list omissions are Cyclone (but Comet and Hurricane are options?), Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, High Speed, and the Getaway.

Cyclone, Swords of Fury, High Speed, and the Getaway are all on the Top 30 poll. The point of this poll was to list the following 30 after those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.