Williams' Collection Volume 4 guesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
I don't know when, but after the Gary Stern tease and the 7 weeks since volume 3 I'm dying for official information! And now that I've verbalized it publicly they'll drop some news any second now. I need new tables to keep me from learning the zen originals on stream haha

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Wish I could say when the announcement is happening, but I haven’t even been given the heads up yet.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Wish I could say when the announcement is happening, but I haven’t even been given the heads up yet.

You have been awfully quiet regarding all things FX3 lately... so I'll assume that you are also sitting on Stern/Zen info ;)

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
No BlahCade tournament started (yet) this week = Williams pack 4 still in beta.

What happened to the 2 Zen originals that were being worked on at the start of the year? Still in the pipeline, or sidelined to work on more WMS tables?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
No BlahCade tournament started (yet) this week = Williams pack 4 still in beta.

What happened to the 2 Zen originals that were being worked on at the start of the year? Still in the pipeline, or sidelined to work on more WMS tables?

It is rumored to have turned into 3 tables. My best guess is one is going to be a version of Operencia.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You have been awfully quiet regarding all things FX3 lately... so I'll assume that you are also sitting on Stern/Zen info ;)

I still haven’t been able to schedule a Mel interview, so I’m not sitting on anything other than what the next Volume is.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Was really hoping for an announcement this week, but looks like maybe next week most likely with the Star Wars promotion this past weekend. At least we know volume 4 is in beta atm and should come out this month.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
what i really want to know is... when will the williams tables get the vr treatment? and why hasn't a patch to increase the resolution been added for ps4 pro and xbox one x yet? all they have to do is test if can run good in 4k and lower the res till it does and add a simple code in it's really nothing fancy or hard.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
what i really want to know is... when will the williams tables get the vr treatment? and why hasn't a patch to increase the resolution been added for ps4 pro and xbox one x yet? all they have to do is test if can run good in 4k and lower the res till it does and add a simple code in it's really nothing fancy or hard.

Wait what the Xbox One X doesn't run at 4k its still 1080p???

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
and why hasn't a patch to increase the resolution been added for ps4 pro and xbox one x yet? all they have to do is test if can run good in 4k and lower the res till it does and add a simple code in it's really nothing fancy or hard.
Indeed. I'd like to see the tables in 4K on my PS4 pro as well...

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
[MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] Has this Volume 4 Beta run any differently to previous Zen Williams/Bally table betas? E.g. is it running longer as there are more bugs to fix or is this perceived slight delay in the announcement coming just arbitrary and all is well and is still on for a May release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
[MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] Has this Volume 4 Beta run any differently to previous Zen Williams/Bally table betas? E.g. is it running longer as there are more bugs to fix or is this perceived slight delay in the announcement coming just arbitrary and all is well and is still on for a May release?

There’s been really nothing different. Zen is able to do simultaneous releases across all platforms which leads me to believe release dates are established long before it goes to beta. The beta we see is 98% ready for prime time with us just influencing a minor tweak here and there. I keep being told the studio is in the midst of an extended crunch time, so I’m not sure what they got cooking and if that is even affecting the pinball department.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
[MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] Thanks for the response buddy.

I know you can’t reveal any secrets but just for a bit of vague fun, if you were to rank the four volumes in your order of preference what would you order be? E.g.

1st) Table Pack 1 (Medieval Madness/JunkYard/The Getaway: High Speed II
2nd) Table Pack 4 (Tbc/tbc/tbc)
3rd) etc. etc.

Just curious how pumped you are for this table pack to hit general release.

I think my fave tables, if we’re just talking individually, have probably been Medieval Madness / Attack From Mars / Theatre of Magic. My least liked table so far is probably Black Rose. Again, be interested to hear your own take on most liked and least liked tables so far.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hmmm, I’m not gonna comment on pack 4 in any way until it comes out. You guys are too savvy at guessing!

I’ve been playing the challenges so much on mobile that my current opinion on tables is skewed toward my playing them in that manner. I love MM no matter what. Fish Tales has totally grown on me. Black Rose is fun in challenges, but kinda whatever for general play. Safe Cracker is fun in real life, not bad in digital, downright hateful for challenges. Same goes for Champion Pub. I put up with Party Zone, AFM is fun until I remember I’d rather be playing MM. Getaway frustrates me, depending on how well I’m doing. ToM is fun but I never play for completion, which is odd but perfect for challenges. Junk Yard I neither like nor hate, it just is.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Hmmm, I’m not gonna comment on pack 4 in any way until it comes out. You guys are too savvy at guessing!

I’ve been playing the challenges so much on mobile that my current opinion on tables is skewed toward my playing them in that manner. I love MM no matter what. Fish Tales has totally grown on me. Black Rose is fun in challenges, but kinda whatever for general play. Safe Cracker is fun in real life, not bad in digital, downright hateful for challenges. Same goes for Champion Pub. I put up with Party Zone, AFM is fun until I remember I’d rather be playing MM. Getaway frustrates me, depending on how well I’m doing. ToM is fun but I never play for completion, which is odd but perfect for challenges. Junk Yard I neither like nor hate, it just is.

Unconscious hint perhaps? :D

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Way back when, I posted a pic from the tear down room at FarSight. I blurred and swirled the tables that hadn’t been revealed yet, and people correctly identified them within an hour. Years of watching scrambled cable, good training I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online