Request Williams FIRE!

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I did a google search on most underrated tables of all time and this title came up quite a bit.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I loved FIRE back in '87. Loved the theme, the music, the real bell on top of the backglass. All of it. But to be honest, it may not translate well to TPA. The rules are shallow. The sounds of a real bell clanging in the arcade are lost. And too many tables, rules wise, and layout wise, have surpassed it since.

I still want it tho'.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I don't really agree with you about the fact that many tables have surpassed Fire! layout since.
Matter of taste of course but I'm wondering which ones get your preference about it ?
Plus I really think it would satisfy the electro-mechanical lovers. There's this that "pure" touch in it.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I don't really agree with you about the fact that many tables have surpassed Fire! layout since.
Matter of taste of course but I'm wondering which ones get your preference about it ?
Plus I really think it would satisfy the electro-mechanical lovers. There's this that "pure" touch in it.

I do see a lot of tables going back to fire! For inspiration. Even aspects of the hobbit look like they lifted some of its elements. Under appreciated in its influence.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

Well for a fairly "modern" table, it's what it lacks that other tables have is what I'm getting at. No habitrails, no bumpers, no drop targets, no upper flipper, no toy, extremely symmetrical. Not that a table needs those things to be good. The fact that you think it would satisfy EM lovers is kinda what I mean. The simplicity. It's also this simplicity is what I love about it myself. That and the b1tchin' cool ladder.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Well for a fairly "modern" table, it's what it lacks that other tables have is what I'm getting at. No habitrails, no bumpers, no drop targets, no upper flipper, no toy, extremely symmetrical. Not that a table needs those things to be good. The fact that you think it would satisfy EM lovers is kinda what I mean. The simplicity. It's also this simplicity is what I love about it myself. That and the b1tchin' cool ladder.

I get what you meant now.
I thought you were talking about the artwork of the table when you were mentioning the layout.
My bad.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I get what you meant now.
I thought you were talking about the artwork of the table when you were mentioning the layout.
My bad.

Ohhhh. No no no. The artwork with the continuous flames flickering throughout playtime is beautiful. Coupled that with the appropriate era music makes this table more than the sum of its parts.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I have been playing this recently in VP. I can now see what all of the fuss is about. Classic-themed fun table!

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Check out the latest VP version, it is very beautiful!

And I probably don't have the settings tweaked optimally.

Fire_zps8hihzhux.png

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I want Fire! and Rescue 911, basically because they are Emergency games. I feel both of these games need to be preserved in TPA for that reason, and also because I love both of them a lot. They both have sentimental feelings, and no I'm not a Fireman, Police Officer, or EMS, I just used to play the Crap out of these two games in a bowling alley I used to frequent back in the late 90's and early 2000's.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I am happy that it sounds like this is on Farsight's radar. It really is a well done table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.