Windows 10

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
But maybe you should ask yourselves why the game was pushed out on mobile two months before any other platform and why PC was pushed out six months AFTER all other platforms (at the time)?

Oh, oh, pick me!

The answer to why it took so long to come out on PC is simple...their license required them to have DRM protection. That was built in to PSN, Xbox Live, the App Store, and Android. On the PC though? They looked at Origin, they looked at Steam, I think they looked at one other. FarSight was obviously looking for who also could provide them with the largest user base. This made Steam the obvious choice, but Steam didn't want them. So Pinball Arcade had to go through Steam's Greenlight program first, and that took a while. Then, once they were accepted, FarSight had to implement the Steam code. THEN there was the issue of the delay getting it up due to the Steam rep being in Europe and some other factors.

I'm not saying PC didn't start at the lowest priority, but it has proven important in driving forward what FarSight is doing with the game. It has surpassed what they did for PS4, Vita is surely an afterthought at this point, and development now happens on PC instead of Xbox. Also factor in that the PC gets everything day one as opposed to the consoles, which means feedback is that much quicker and corrections can be made while the build is fresh on FarSight's mind as opposed to months later when they've 'been there done that'.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I can say that since DX11 made it's way to the PC/Steam I am playing TPA with more frequency. Tables look awesome in it.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Why would a GPU for DX12 cost more? Some current GPU's are DX12 supporting, DX12 doesn't need new hardware to function.

Well, I need a new one for DX11 since my onboard graphics only supports DX9 with 60 fps.

A new GPU is very low on my priority list though. SC looked cool, and I'm sure HS2 will. All I'm worrying about now is if ZZ Top made the cut.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Strangely enough with Microsoft coming out with not only the forced updates but also not providing release notes anymore, I am pretty hesitant to upgrade to Windows 10 now.

Freaking Microsoft.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts