Wizard goal ideas. :)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Here are some wizard goals i think should exist in tables. :)

TAXI. collect the dropoff jackpot. TO do this you have to first collect a jackpot lit the normal way, then you have to collect the HARD jackpot, which forces you to do all passengers in order once.

Bride of Pinbot.
Score a backdoor billion.
Collect a max value jackpot.

Whirlwind
Collect a 10 point million plus shot.

Funhouse
Collect a 10 million million plus shot.

What goals can you come up with in other tables that should be wizard goals? :)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Whitewater - 5x Jackpot
Attack from Mars - Get Re-Elected
Central Park - Earn 5 Specials
Fish Tales - Collect a 'Sell Yer Gear' Award
Twilight Zone - Score a Mania Jackpot by the Camera Scoop
Centaur - Collect the Special from the O-R-B-S targets
Dr. Dude - Double the Gazillion Shot
Monster Bash - Collect the "Big Six" stack
Champion Pub - Collect 10 Victory Laps

I'm guessing that the drop off Jackpot is the one that lights the outlane Specials?

Last edited:

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Goin' Nuts: play it more than once :p

You know why there were only 10 tables that ever made it out, right? Because someone in the engineering dept destroyed the rest because they knew it was terrible, they simply were fired before they got the last 10.

Personally I think the wizard goals set forth by TPA for all tables are pretty much right.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah the dropoff jackpot is the one that light the outlane alternating special on taxi.

Another extreme wizard goal.

Cue Ball Wizard. Get a billion point shot (doubled 9 ball mania)

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
It would be nice to see a 3rd layer of goals to achieve. I do find myself playing less of the tables that I've completed all wizards goals on in favor of ones I have not obtained. Even if those goals are leaning towards possible but unlikely.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Black Hole: Max the bonus at 999,999

CFTBL: Score a 4X Super Jackpot

Centaur: Release the Guardian orb by the only ball in play rolling down an outlane

Cirqus Voltaire: Win Ringmaster Battle

Genie: Complete all 7 upper drop targets (light both Special and EB)

Monster Bash: Score the Rock-Before-Bash award

Ripleys: Collect the Continent Bonus at 2X

Space Shuttle: Score a 99k stop-and-score

STTNG: Win Battle Simulation for the extra ball

TOTAN: Stack Harem Multiball and Genie Battle :p

Twilight Zone: Shoot the Powerball onto the Powerfield not during LITZ

Whitewater: Start Camera Craze

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
You're Gonna Hate This

Ripley's

- Get a 5X end of ball bonus. A small endurance test.
- Have all Special spots lit simultaneously. There's three of 'em. I've done this twice.
- Score an Atlantis super jackpot. My Holy Grail of jackpots. It's worth as much as your end of continent score. I have a purdy systematic way of doing this one.
- Bozo's Banzai Run. Spell Bozo with consecutive ramp loops.
- Score 25 million from the Million Plus. Good Luck figuring this one out. I'll eventually post a video on how this one can be done but it probably won't be achieved.
- Score a true Perfect Tour. Not the one that happens by chance by overlapping your end of continent tour with Atlantis over the course of a few tours.You gotta shoot for the straight seven.

Last edited:

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
Twilight Zone: Defeat the Power with the Powerball (would require multiple steel balls up there with the PB during LITZ; this would probably be the hardest thing to do in the history of pinball?)
No Good Gofers: Finish a round of 18 holes with no more than 26 strokes (actual count is up for some debate, but have to account for Warped-past holes being carded as Par?)
TNG: Make a Royal Flush in Poker with Riker
Genie: Play it more than once without needing to be drunk
Goin' Nuts!: Restart multiball with 3 balls... oh crap it's Goin Nuts... Complete a game without intentional drains, tilting or quitting early?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Twilight Zone: Defeat the Power with the Powerball (would require multiple steel balls up there with the PB during LITZ; this would probably be the hardest thing to do in the history of pinball?)
No Good Gofers: Finish a round of 18 holes with no more than 26 strokes (actual count is up for some debate, but have to account for Warped-past holes being carded as Par?)
TNG: Make a Royal Flush in Poker with Riker
Genie: Play it more than once without needing to be drunk
Goin' Nuts!: Restart multiball with 3 balls... oh crap it's Goin Nuts... Complete a game without intentional drains, tilting or quitting early?

What exactly do you mean by "defeat the Power"?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
You can't stack harem and genie battle in totan's current ROM. this WAS fixed. so that's not a valid wizard goal.

And the only way you can get the powerball onto the powerfield is litz unless the machine is malfunctioning. Powerball mania the powerball is guaranteed to be off the field, and the powerfield is off in quick multiball (Fast Lock) and normal multiball.

BUt here's a good goal for TZ.

Get a jackpot doubled by powerball... when the powerball is in the gumball machine. yes it's possible in real life. not sure if it is on TPA.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
And the only way you can get the powerball onto the powerfield is litz unless the machine is malfunctioning. Powerball mania the powerball is guaranteed to be off the field, and the powerfield is off in quick multiball (Fast Lock) and normal multiball.

It's not guaranteed to be off the field during PB Mania. If the gumball is loaded several times (5 or 6) without the PB ejecting (because it's in the trough or lock), a fake compensation "Powerball" is released (the telltale is the "Powerball" display in reverse video.) That can be loaded into the gumball to start PB Mania, launching the real Powerball from the trough or lock. I have seen this happen on TPA.

And another way, though the Powerfield isn't active: during regular or Fast Lock multis, shoot a steel ball followed quickly by the Powerball up the right ramp. The diverter will drop the first ball but the second will roll through onto the powerfield while the diverter is looking the other way.

I think I have seen your doubled jackpot without the Powerball on TPA, though not 100% sure. It happens by shooting the piano then slot machine VERY quickly, so the game thinks one ball did that without triggering the induction sensor in the tunnel between them, which can only be the nonmetallic Powerball.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Multiball/fast lock doesn't count because, as you said the, powerfield is inactive.

Scoring a mania jackpot with the powerball would theoretically be possible in powerball mania if you got a compensation powerball, and is possible without one in litz. But how would it be detected? You could also get cheat mania jackpots with the powerball, and maybe even if it's the only ball on the field with a well timed hard nudge. It cannot be reliably detected by examining the rom, because of the same issues with jackpot doubled by powerball.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts