Wizard of Oz pinball in Somers Ct!!!!!!!!!

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
I just saw a Facebook post from Sonny's Place in Somers CT that they have added The new Wizard of Oz pinball to their lineup. I can't wait to try it out!

Gary

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
I took a ride up there and was very impressed! Although the theme is not one I would have chosen, they executed it very well. I discovered that someone thoughtfully left a credit on it,so my first game was free.i thought the layout was great with many cool shots. I especially liked how they used LED lights on the play field that changed colors depending on what was going on. I did not realize that the scoring was old-school with no million shots and single digits matches. The flippers felt stronger than Sterns and I am looking forward to my next trip. It's about a 20 minute ride for me and I will definitely make the trip again.

It also makes me optomistic to see how The Hobbit turns out.

Gary

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah! I bet they've learned a lot from making this first one and will be able to make The Hobbit even better.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I took a ride up there and was very impressed! Although the theme is not one I would have chosen, they executed it very well. I discovered that someone thoughtfully left a credit on it,so my first game was free.i thought the layout was great with many cool shots. I especially liked how they used LED lights on the play field that changed colors depending on what was going on. I did not realize that the scoring was old-school with no million shots and single digits matches. The flippers felt stronger than Sterns and I am looking forward to my next trip. It's about a 20 minute ride for me and I will definitely make the trip again.

It also makes me optomistic to see how The Hobbit turns out.

Gary

That's very good to hear as I have my Hobbit nearly paid off and we still know almost nothing about it.

KingMixer

Mar 13, 2012
What's the pinball lineup at Sonny's? Are there any other pins besides Wizard of Oz? Trying to decide if it's worth a 2 hour drive.

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
Sorry, I missed your question. They only have one pin. Unless you really want to try it I wouldn't recommend.a 2 hour trip just for this.

Gary

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts