World Champion Soccer Twitchstream........

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Will air Today (August 17) at 4p Pacific (7p Eastern, I think Midnight for England). From the buzz of those on IOS, Striker is a different color, along with the title change and no World Cup Trophy.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Geez, not even the trophy? They better allow people to do some modding on this. It's starting to sound more like a knockoff than the actual table.
Sorry, but as a brazilian here, I can't help but feel disappointed.

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Geez, not even the trophy? They better allow people to do some modding on this. It's starting to sound more like a knockoff than the actual table.

It's all good - The only festering is on the back glass - pretty sure the play field is unaltered from the real table. Farsight did a really good job replicating the soccer toy spin -the animation looks a bit off - but the physics of it flinging the ball is well done. The goalie toy gameplay feels exactly like IRL.

Props to Farsight - now do congo - fester all you want - just want that table.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014

You do realize that Brazil is not one of the countries listed on the original table? In fact no South American nations are in there. Plus they have "Great Britain" which is a complete farce.

Per the rules sheet at http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/2811/WCS.HTM:

#15 USA 20M
#14 Russia 20M
#13 South Korea 25M
#12 Saudi Arabia 30M
#11 Morocco 35M
#10 Austria 40M
#9 Canada 45M
#8 Holland 50M
#7 Italy 55M
#6 Great Britain 60M
#5 Sweden 65M
#4 Spain 70M
#3 Australia 75M
#2 France 100M
#1 Germany 250M

As for the changes - really the only thing missing is the trophy, and really, you don't notice it's not there.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Striker (the dog) is still in the game, right?

The changes they made don't seem to be consistent. Striker is still on the backglass with a different color outfit, the DMD still says Striker, but he has been removed from the slingshot and there is just a soccer ball there now.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Striker has been completely altered on the backglass since Striker the World Cup Pup was not licensed. I now refer to him simply as Striker the dog. Striker the dog was mistakenly pulled from the left slingshot plastic and should be put back in due time.

Also, all references to World Cup Soccer 94, Striker the World Cup Pup, FIFA, World Cup, the World Cup Trophy and USA Soccer have all been removed or altered from the instruction cards, backglass, cabinet, playfield and DMD (which may still need a little work)

Hope this answers most of your questions.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Striker has been completely altered on the backglass since Striker the World Cup Pup was not licensed. I now refer to him simply as Striker the dog. Striker the dog was mistakenly pulled from the left slingshot plastic and should be put back in due time.

If it's going to be the bootleg Striker... I'd really prefer just the soccer ball. The bootleg version on the translite looks really bad, but I don't have to look at it since it's on the translite.

Also, just curious, why is it they had to alter Striker's image on the translite, but they didn't have to do anything to his appearance on the DMD?

GET

May 1, 2016
Also, just curious, why is it they had to alter Striker's image on the translite, but they didn't have to do anything to his appearance on the DMD?

Probably because they were allowed to use the image, but not his color scheme. This is also why the Striker image on the slingshots and Striker targets were also removed.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Saw the stream yesterday; it's very much playable, that for sure. Lost a bit of its charm, but it's still some damn good gameplay in the end.
But if I could do mods, I'd probably fix this one and TAF.

Last edited:

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
The name of the new table made me seriously doubt my memory. I had to look it up, to reassure myself, that I'm not losing it, it was World Cup. I want Harrison Jones next.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
FarSight no longer allows individual table pack purchases on the Steam version. I'll wait until the rest of the list is revealed before determining if it's worth the season pass.

Striker

May 26, 2017
Probably because they were allowed to use the image, but not his color scheme. This is also why the Striker image on the slingshots and Striker targets were also removed.

Agreed. The DMD is monochrome so you don't have to worry about his color scheme.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
FarSight no longer allows individual table pack purchases on the Steam version. I'll wait until the rest of the list is revealed before determining if it's worth the season pass.
They do, it's this table that's giving out an error. Not the first time this has happened.
Oh well, man.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts