Worst quotes in a pinball machine

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Well, we all knew this would come eventually.

The sound systems in pinball have dramatically improved since the days of EMs and their bells and chimes. Comparing Central Park to a cheese-fest like Black Knight 2000 shows a lot of things have changed. Machines even talked back to you! Starting with Gorgar, machines would use speech to convey stuff to the player. While there's some great cases of this (FH!), there's some pretty bad examples. Here's 3 for safekeeping.

- "OKOKOKOKOKOKOK" from Lethal Weapon 3. While other machines at least have sounds that make sense when you hit or shoot at something, LW3 decides to go with this. It doesn't fit with the game at all, it's just noise. Maybe it's a joke? Who knows.

- "Hey man, we're both underachievers!" from DE Simpsons. Sure, it's funny the first time, but when you hear it over and over again.. It's not.

- Anything that the coach says in Shaq Attaq. It's even worse than "Everybody underground now!" in terms of being annoying. Good thing is, you can turn it off in the operator's menu! Still doesn't help with the horrendous backglass, though.

Have any other horrible sounds or quotes? Post them here!

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
"Never underestimate the Power in the Twilight Zone."

God damn, the laughing is bad enough, do you have to rub it in?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The constant crypt keeper laughing in Tales From The Crypt just drives me nuts. It just happens far too often.
But I still like the pin.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
"Focus!" from Creature...because it is so poorly recorded and sounds like something much much worse.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I am rapidly tiring of the little "rap" from each of the stiffs in Class of 1812. They're quickly becoming as annoying as the "Gift of Gab" rhyme from Dr. Dude.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts