Zaccaria Pinall - Update v1.2

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Zsolt, what I would like to see is a more differentiated slingshot response/sensitivity. The current state seems to be very uniform, but on a real game there is a sensitivity/force gradient, where the middle region of the slingshot is more powerful and more sensitive while the outer regions show less sensitivity. IMHO this would add a bit of realism and also eliminate the sometimes fairly elaborate slingshot-only sequences.

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
First let me just say I love this app. I've never had the chance to play these tables, and most likely never will. And the time and effort you put in is made very clear with all the options for day/night and other things that we've been begging for in Pinball Arcade (I still hope we will get these someday).

With that said, would it be too much to ask to shorten the flippers a hair? Right now they're too long and it makes the game too easy. Down the middle drains are nearly impossible. If nudging was betterwould be completely impossible.

Here's a comparison on Time Machine. Note that the flipper are overlapping with the Wizard's beard in the iOS game, but on the real table there's quite a gap between the beard and the flippers. On a regular table the flipper size difference isn't that big. But on double flipper games, since BOTH are oversized it causes there to be a tiny center drain. Notice how far the blue flipper comes past the snake head on the left.

mzl.ahhekxmz.640x960-75.jpg

image-3.jpg

night

May 18, 2012
The flipper size has been mentioned, and I believe they will be fixed in the upcoming update(?).

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
Sorry I missed that post. That seems like the best possible solution (and one that I wish the Zen Pinball guys would use to make their games a little harder).

night

May 18, 2012
The palm trees are missing on the red ramp in Time Machine.
The wizards face is too yellow. (Perhaps he's ill?) I think the yellow color on the playfield is too lemon-yellow when compared to the photograph where it is more orange. Hairsplitting, I know.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Night, you should share that in the Time Machine thread. I think they are checking the specific threads for bugs and inconsistency.

Good catches!

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Zsolt, what I would like to see is a more differentiated slingshot response/sensitivity. The current state seems to be very uniform, but on a real game there is a sensitivity/force gradient, where the middle region of the slingshot is more powerful and more sensitive while the outer regions show less sensitivity. IMHO this would add a bit of realism and also eliminate the sometimes fairly elaborate slingshot-only sequences.
I think the new physics can handle this the right way, that causes a better slingshot behaviour.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
We have sent the next update to Apple for review yesterday, that means it will be available at the end of this week. As always we are waiting for your feedback, especially about the new physics.

We had to make a tones of modification on all the pinball tables to work new physics flawlessly. That means about 800 changes have been completed. Now iPhone 4 and iPad owners get a smoother gameplay thanks to new physics engine.

We really hope new physics engine lives up to expectations and provides better gameplay and more realistic physics. Maybe it needs additional tweaks which will be performed based on your very helpful feedback.

Here is list of final changes in v1.2:
- ADDED a new table, Farfalla
- ADDED 3 new in-app purchases (premium camera, physics tweaks, graphics tweaks)
- FIXED red special and orange special on Time Machine
- FIXED time special and train sound on Locomotion
- FIXED backglass and orange special on Pinball Champ '82
- ADDED 4-direction shaking option
- ADDED touch-based launching
- ADDED configurable iCade control
- ADDED new options (glass, environment, HUD)
- ADDED a fully reprogrammed physics engine
- FIXED menu issues on iPhone 5
- OPTIMIZED gameplay on iPhone 4, iPad and iPhone 3GS
- FIXED menu, now iap icons dissappear for gold membership owners

Game Center support will be implemented in v1.3 update!

Last edited:

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Sounds great ;)

Keep up the fine work, GM looking forward to the release.

(extra thanks for the iap icon clean ups etc)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks Zsolt. Now that I have purchased an iPad 4 this past weekend, I'll be purchasing a gold membership sometime this week and will give my feedback on your promising pinball app as well. Looking forward to the v1.2 update this coming weekend. Keep up the good work!

drdrey

Jun 11, 2012
I bought a ipad mini and your gold package last week love the tables cant wait for update thanks zsolt

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Still hoping for an Android port eventually - this looks amazing, and I'll promise an Android Gold membership. :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
We have sent the next update to Apple for review yesterday, that means it will be available at the end of this week. As always we are waiting for your feedback, especially about the new physics.

We had to make a tones of modification on all the pinball tables to work new physics flawlessly. That means about 800 changes have been completed. Now iPhone 4 and iPad owners get a smoother gameplay thanks to new physics engine.

We really hope new physics engine lives up to expectations and provides better gameplay and more realistic physics. Maybe it needs additional tweaks which will be performed based on your very helpful feedback.

- ADDED 3 new in-app purchases (premium camera, physics tweaks, graphics tweaks)

Wow! Thank you for letting us know. This update sounds incredible.

mrtangerineman

May 7, 2013

Zsolt, I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed when I first played Zaccaria on ipad. The game was a bit jerky and the physics not quite right. Didn't buy any further tables and didn't envisage doing so anytime soon. However, as a developer your attitude to your customers is unparalleled. Not only have you set about fixing every bug and flaw pointed out in the original long thread on this forum, but you've also taken on board suggestions for how the game could be improved and what people would like to see implemented and most of those suggestions look to be included in the next update. And all those changes in less than a month! Farsight would do well to take a leaf out of your book as bugs remain unfixed more than six months after they are pointed out to them.

I'm off now to purchase a Gold membership now so I can try out your other tables and the night mode. And even if they're not perfect, I have confidence in you guys that they will be eventually. Well done.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Incredible enhancements! Would love on android and PC....... But are that close to buying an iPad :)

Great work Zsolt!

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Bug Report: Farfalla (Pre release)

I don't want to sound like a nutter, but I found loose nut, here:
3SS6IBU.jpg

I'm a little concerned that the swan to the right might swallow it or it rolls down and blocks the drain-hole.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts