Zaccaria Pinball - Clown (1985) Bugs & Feedback

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
In the previous version, knocking down the red targets in any order gets the moving one to come out. I can confirm that is not the case now as well. Lots of little bugs since the update.

Yes indeed it does not move after i hit the red targets so this seems another bug after the update.

I also notice there arent any points added after shooting down the dropdown targets on the upper playfield which is also the case when the spinner moves, but im not familiar with the table rules so i could be that points are added afterwards,

another thing which occurred was the ball got stuck in the left upper corner as is shown on the picture below and i had to restart the game to get it going again.

d01404d4b9fdf6d43433de249d1f6607.jpg

haj

Sep 28, 2012
So, according to this video Clown has a BGM (do-ta do-ta do-ta do-ta... and it's pitching up) which is missing in ZacPin now. Hope it'll be implemented..

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Zsolt. Has the idea ever been floated around that the sounds on pinball tables are much louder when the glass is removed? I love that feature for your tables but the sounds are no louder with the glass off then when it is on. Just a random thought. You guys do an awesome job of addressing every reasonable request and I love the tables and attention to detail that everyone at a.s.k pays to each and every table. Again, just a random thought.

Thanks in advance. Reagan

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Zsolt. Has the idea ever been floated around that the sounds on pinball tables are much louder when the glass is removed? I love that feature for your tables but the sounds are no louder with the glass off then when it is on. Just a random thought. You guys do an awesome job of addressing every reasonable request and I love the tables and attention to detail that everyone at a.s.k pays to each and every table. Again, just a random thought.

Thanks in advance. Reagan

I've never thought of that. Now that's a simulation we're talking!

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Not sure if this is normal or not, wanted to make note to see what others thought... When you spell clown by hitting the moving target a song plays as a reward, but it will cut off abruptly the moment the ball hits something that makes noise rather than allowing the song to play through. Also the clown letters do not roll over to the next ball should you drain. I'm also not 100% you actually get a points reward for completing clown and activating the song.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Not sure if this is normal or not, wanted to make note to see what others thought... When you spell clown by hitting the moving target a song plays as a reward, but it will cut off abruptly the moment the ball hits something that makes noise rather than allowing the song to play through. Also the clown letters do not roll over to the next ball should you drain. I'm also not 100% you actually get a points reward for completing clown and activating the song.

I kind of confirming this somewhat.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
So, according to this video Clown has a BGM (do-ta do-ta do-ta do-ta... and it's pitching up) which is missing in ZacPin now. Hope it'll be implemented..

Zsolt, could you review the music/sound effect of CLown and update them if possible? The back ground music (if that's called "music") is contributing tension to the game play very much. I'm not really closely confirmed but a couple of sound effects seem to be missing in the current game compare to this movie as well. Also, if all that possible, could you add the "motor sound" when the moving target is moving? Man, I love this table so much in the collection. This table is very good, I'm now really really missing the back ground music after watching the movie... So pretty please implement it... (BTW, I wouldn't be mind putting on a rubber band there like the guy said - 'course as an option ;p))

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Zsolt, could you review the music/sound effect of CLown and update them if possible? The back ground music (if that's called "music") is contributing tension to the game play very much. I'm not really closely confirmed but a couple of sound effects seem to be missing in the current game compare to this movie as well. Also, if all that possible, could you add the "motor sound" when the moving target is moving? Man, I love this table so much in the collection. This table is very good, I'm now really really missing the back ground music after watching the movie... So pretty please implement it... (BTW, I wouldn't be mind putting on a rubber band there like the guy said - 'course as an option ;p))
Motor sound is added, thanks for your suggestion!
But we don't have that background music for this table, so I can't be able to implement.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Motor sound is added, thanks for your suggestion!
But we don't have that background music for this table, so I can't be able to implement.

Thank you so much Zsolt for the motor sound!! So, I gotta somehow find the music if it'd ever be implemented.. Maybe I could "create" one if the format is specified. Well, it won't be exactly like the video tho.. Anyhow I don't know how it'll be implemented, but I'm guessing a sound file is playing in loop but at each iteration the pitch of it is altered (by changing whatisit frequency?) or a long sound file which contains slow-low part from the end fast-up part and the program picks up where to play (and maybe looping the section picked up)...Well, well well...

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Hmm... I just plunged the ball on top of the clown bar. The ball rolls left and right along the bar. Freaky!
Like a dummy, I came here to see if this is a known bug before I checked to see if I could nudge the ball down to the table. When I went back, the game went back to the start screen.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Hmm... I just plunged the ball on top of the clown bar. The ball rolls left and right along the bar. Freaky!
Like a dummy, I came here to see if this is a known bug before I checked to see if I could nudge the ball down to the table. When I went back, the game went back to the start screen.
Does this happen more often? I had a ball sitting on the left separator on Pinball Champ but it never happened again.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.