Zaccaria Pinball - (MEGA) update v3.4.2 [iOS/Android]

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I do have lag, and I do have a glass screen protector. I'll live with it, I'm not taking it off on the off chance it's the very thing causing the problem.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I do have lag, and I do have a glass screen protector. I'll live with it, I'm not taking it off on the off chance it's the very thing causing the problem.
Daniel - i might be telling you something you know here, but through options, if you go into 'physics', at the top left is an Framerate counter (fps). This should be running at 60 or close. Go into Physics when the ball is in play though, if you do it from the plunger lane, you get an artificially better figure.
You should turn options off till you hit that figure.
Motion blur and reflections really kill performance, but the beauty of Zacc is it's all optional.

Also check 'Rolling Tap Pass' value is up high.

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Think I am in the minority here, but I'm not enjoying Zaccaria as much as I was previously.

I also had the missing left flipper on Space Shuttle after the upgrade. Restarting app fixed this.

1) Every time I update to a newer version the inner and outer table light gets set to 0. I always play in day time settings and the tables look too dark at the top of the table. If I turn the light levels up then they look better at the top but totally over blown at the bottom. This has been mentioned many times. (the storm lighting is pretty cool). Everything about Zaccaria appears to be tuned to playing in darker modes.

2) When you plunge the ball and it gets near the top of the table, the table blinks black and there is a snapping motion for the screen to catch up with the ball. I find this very off putting.

3) Relating to the physics, too many games end up with the ball getting stuck pinging left and right in the slingshots and then draining down the side. Seems to happen too often.

4) I play in arcade mode as simulation appears too punishing to get any enjoyment for me.

5) Sometimes when swipe nudging the flippers don't appear as responsive as they should. Possibly related to my tablet. I've had to play with screen rotated 180 degrees as was constantly getting a non responsive right flipper during play.

6) Please don't add any more settings as its become difficult to keep track of all the different variables and permutations. Especially if they need tweaking to get the best out of the game.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
3) Relating to the physics, too many games end up with the ball getting stuck pinging left and right in the slingshots and then draining down the side. Seems to happen too often.

5) Sometimes when swipe nudging the flippers don't appear as responsive as they should. Possibly related to my tablet. I've had to play with screen rotated 180 degrees as was constantly getting a non responsive right flipper during play.

Re 3 - that's what slings are designed to do.
Try a well timed nudge up as it hits the sling to break the cycle.

Re 5 - re swipe nudging, I noticed it isn't as responsive in Landscape as it is in portrait.
You have to swipe further to get it to consistently register. I wondered if its scaled from the portrait setting? Eg if have to swipe 5% of horizontal screen length, so landscape = further than portrait.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I only ever play in portrait mode Baron.
I meant that I think it might be a design glitch, that to get a nudge to register requires more distance to swipe in Landscape than it does in portrait, if it is based on a percentage of dist swiped of the horizontal length of the screen.

Dev's would have to confirm, but swipe nudging definitely isn't as responsive in Landscape as it is in portrait.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.