Zaccaria Pinball on Steam Greenlight!

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Does Timeshock for PC look better than the iOS version (which does look great)?

Also - TWO YEARS wait time before Zaccaria appears on Steam? Yikes!

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Nope. Pro Pinball baby! This is an update of a table that came out in the 90's and cost full price (about $40 at the time) per table. Eventually 4 different tables were made, but they were all the same price individually. Upshot were that they were by far the best digital pinball in the 90s had to offer, with great ball physics and at the at the time very unusual feature of having access to an operator's menu. And for my money even after all this time Timeshock still trumps anything Zen has made.

Edit: You can still get 3 of the original Pro Pinball tables on GOG.com for $6. Big Race USA and Fantastic Journey still work fine on my current machine, but Timeshock for whatever reason just doesn't play right anymore. Was very glad that the updated version came along.
http://www.gog.com/game/pro_pinball_timeshock

Thanks for info, @zmvcay. I do understand the price and appreciate the work of Pro Pinball. It's just out of my price range, dang-it.

Maybe I will purchase it for my B'day next month as a treat. My sister will give me a small $ gift; plus, it will be mine till an electro magnetic pulse puts the whole web out of commission. :eek:

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Voted yes (I wonder what it would take for someone to vote no instead of abstaining)

Looking forward to more pinball magic on my computer :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I loved the Pro Pinball so much back in the mid-90s I stumped up $100 to the Kickstarter to get early access, etc. (We got the Alpha in April 2014 which is almost 2 years ago). I could just about afford it and my wife thought I was mad, but I wanted to see a cab version of it. So for me it cost $100 for one table :p

Because they are using pre-rendering the game looks similar on all platforms however on my Nexus 7 2012 (gen 1) I can only select the lower res settings however on a 7" screen the graphics are incredible. On a PC of course it will be in FullHD (or 4K if you have it).

Is it worth it? - I would say definitely and once they add more views and cab support you will get that too. The physics are so good (in fact they are the same physics from 20 years ago which are exceptional). You feel the ball weight - it just feels like real pinball. The lighting sliders enable you to have a completely different feel as well.

The more people the buy it then the more likely they will do the other tables. Remember for the most part they won't need to do the same level of development as the Engine is built, front-end is developed, all the tech is in place so we might see new tables sooner than we might first think - if it does well of course.

----
As for Ask (that is what this thread is about after all ;)) - the physics are also very good - particulary suited to EMs when using the SIM mode. So many tables all with great lighting. I would be happy to fork out more than double the asking price of the Gold on Android.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Voted for Zac on Steam.
Pro Pinball is worth every penny of that $15. Actually worth a lot more. Best thing to ever hit my cabinet!! Makes all other developers cry in their sleep I'm sure. Game has paid for itself with how many hours it has been played in just a few days. Almost like playin a real table.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
If any of our awesome members have a facebook, someone has asked what the differences between versions are on ASK's page, would be cool if someone answered her, also there is a page dedicated to Zaccaria pinball (real), had a few comments about the game, mentioning the greenlight might help generate more buzz

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Um, I'd rather play pinball on the Vita. Any chance of that? Pro Pinball on the Vita would be nice too.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Thanks for setting the record straight. Unfortunately for the kind of games I play, I really have to dig to find anything about it. I've already been blindsided by releases of Darius Chronicles, Mushi-sumthin', and Eschatos. I've not seen Pro Pinball on the front page-it took you sending me this link for me to find out this was available for purchase.
Glad to know that Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Grand Theft fans don't have that problem LOL.

Anyway man, good looking out!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Does Timeshock for PC look better than the iOS version (which does look great)?

Also - TWO YEARS wait time before Zaccaria appears on Steam? Yikes!

To clarify: The two years I was referring to was for Pro Pinball Ultra, which is now released, even though it was closing in on Duke Nukem's development record.. I said that Zaccaria would drop first-figure it'll be about six months or less if greenlit. That's about how long it took TPA to appear on PC once it was greenlit.

Bought Pro Pinball Ultra today, it looks good (if somewhat small), and I will not play it until controller support is added.

Hopefully Zaccaria supports controllers too.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
To clarify: The two years I was referring to was for Pro Pinball Ultra, which is now released, even though it was closing in on Duke Nukem's development record.. I said that Zaccaria would drop first-figure it'll be about six months or less if greenlit. That's about how long it took TPA to appear on PC once it was greenlit.

Bought Pro Pinball Ultra today, it looks good (if somewhat small), and I will not play it until controller support is added.

Hopefully Zaccaria supports controllers too.

Oh ok, had me worried a bit. How long and how likely do you think for greenlight status? This is my and I am assuming others first experiance with greenlight.

Controller support is a must imo

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
To clarify: The two years I was referring to was for Pro Pinball Ultra, which is now released, even though it was closing in on Duke Nukem's development record..
Duke Nukem Forever: 14 years
Timeshock Ultra: 4 years? Ade registered in 2012 ... but I could be wrong.

Bought Pro Pinball Ultra today, it looks good (if somewhat small)

It's way bigger in portrait mode. :)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Duke Nukem Forever: 14 years
Timeshock Ultra: 4 years? Ade registered in 2012 ... but I could be wrong.

It's way bigger in portrait mode. :)

First point: OK, maybe I meant the Toki remake. It's certainly closer to that than Duke.

Second point: I'm sure it is, but it's absolute murder on my neck LOL!
Soon, I will be able to get a new monitor, or a new GPU, but not both. Decisions, decisions....

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Anyone have any idea how long the greenlight process takes? Forgive me if this has been answered, but it's still unclear to me. I'm checking this thread daily hoping to see, "It's been greenlit!" but I'm starting to think this is a sit back and wait (for years, possibly?) type thing?

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012

wolfson

May 24, 2013
we really don`t know,i`m hoping with a lot of hope,because we have ZEN,TPA and PRO PINBALL,and the fact that A.S.K said that they would be ready to fire by the end of the 1st qtr of 2016,we might strike it lucky and get it early.my glass is always half full !!!!:cool:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Some other games submitted roughly the same time have already been greenlit. Most have 3x the comments, except Wailing Heights which has about 20 more comments. Man I really hope this happens soon, what can we do to help?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts