Zaccaria Pinball - Pool Champion Bugs & Feedback

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Bug - elements of the table are fuzzy including the point value numbers on the stationary targets lining the left and right side of the playfield.

The score card and rule card are on opposite sides from all the other tables.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Not sure if this is a bug, but wanted to make note to see what others thought. I finally got the flipper in the upper left corner to open and got the ball down the shoot along the left side. a song plays, i believe "camp town ladies" but it cuts off the moment the ball hits something that makes another noise rather than playing through. so you only hear three seconds of the song and it cuts out abruptly rather than playing as a reward as the game continues.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Plunger issue :

The Auto plunger next to the right outlane is way too weak to eject the ball properly into the playfield.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Plunger issue :The Auto plunger next to the right outlane is way too weak to eject the ball properly into the playfield.
You mean the kickback? Yeah, that's a nasty one. It often shoots right through the middle or even into the right inlane/outlane.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Its been a few years since I sold my Pool Champion, but if I recall correctly, you have to complete all of the rack (14 balls) in order for the big left upper flipper to open the area to score the 8 ball. The flipper is more of a GATE than a flipper, it moves once. You can see some pics of my game on ipdb if you are curious what a real pool champion looks like.

I still don't understand how it works. How do you get 7, 8, 9, 10 ball? And how do you know if you've got 11, 12, 13, 14 ball? I mean the inverted triangle ball indicators has only 1 to 10... And since the drop targets (1/2, 11/12 like ones) remain its state over ball loss, getting the gate open should also not be done within one ball but it should be a build-up?

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
I still don't understand how it works. How do you get 7, 8, 9, 10 ball? And how do you know if you've got 11, 12, 13, 14 ball? I mean the inverted triangle ball indicators has only 1 to 10... And since the drop targets (1/2, 11/12 like ones) remain its state over ball loss, getting the gate open should also not be done within one ball but it should be a build-up?
Inverted triangle with number 1-10 shows your bonus score only, not drop targets you have hit.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Zsolt, Something really strange happening here, when the table is in the position as shown below the whole table shifts slighty from left to right and this keeps on goin on till you plunge the ball, while at the same time a spooky sound sample repeats itself, is this also happening in the android version ?

a655ad14d080c861a714ea241240d000.jpg

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
refering to your question Night, " Should the big dropdown targets on both sides stay down when they are hit ", as far as i can see, after a big dropdown target has been shotdown, the white targetlight lights up and the text around it reads, 30000 points when lit, which seems to be the case cause everytime i hit a station of a shotdown target where the white light burns, i can see quite some points being added, dont know for sure if its 30000 cause im playing the game and it adds up quick : @

Just wanted to bring this up again. It seems weird to me that the rack of balls resets after each drain but the ball drop targets do not. Is this right?

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Do you still play TPA Indy ? :cool:

I haven't played Zaccs in several months due to the Physics issues. So I'm enjoying having it back and bingeing on the new EMs which I love. Zaccaria eats up my allotted daily quotient of fun and games at the moment.

I was playing TAF and WW a lot. Will come around when Cyclone hits. Excited for the rest of the season. Barely touched the new zens though I do like castle storm a lot.

Wait till you get unleashed on Zaccs. The fact that new players are going to get all these tables at this level of polish and they're still improving is almost too much goodness to comprehend. There's literally a Zaccaria for every mood.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Ok, after many months I still don't understand how to open the gate (upper flipper). The instruction says "Pulling down all the targets and entering in the top hole opens the gate.." No, it doesn't open. Someone said I need to get all 1 - 14 balls so I thought I have to lit 7 and 9 ball light but don't know how. The thing is, I once opened the gate by chance, but never the case since. How the hell do you open the gate?

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Ok, after many months I still don't understand how to open the gate (upper flipper). The instruction says "Pulling down all the targets and entering in the top hole opens the gate.." No, it doesn't open. Someone said I need to get all 1 - 14 balls so I thought I have to lit 7 and 9 ball light but don't know how. The thing is, I once opened the gate by chance, but never the case since. How the hell do you open the gate?

I just managed to open the gate, but I have no idea what triggered it. I wasn't having a particularly good game. Only the 1&2 were lit in the rack. I hadn't hit the drop targets very much. I was just knocking the ball around to see what would happen. I do know that the gate opened while the ball rolled over the cup at the top of the table. It didn't stay in the cup, but it might have registered.

While playing, I'm pretty sure I noticed the same latent kick out after slowly rolling over, but not getting stuck in, the cup. I think this might be a systemic issue related to scripting that is now revealing itself due to the physics overhaul. Maybe the programmers can hide a magnet in the cups. :)

haj

Sep 28, 2012
I just managed to open the gate, but I have no idea what triggered it. I wasn't having a particularly good game. Only the 1&2 were lit in the rack. I hadn't hit the drop targets very much. I was just knocking the ball around to see what would happen. I do know that the gate opened while the ball rolled over the cup at the top of the table. It didn't stay in the cup, but it might have registered.

While playing, I'm pretty sure I noticed the same latent kick out after slowly rolling over, but not getting stuck in, the cup. I think this might be a systemic issue related to scripting that is now revealing itself due to the physics overhaul. Maybe the programmers can hide a magnet in the cups. :)

Keep playing :) The rack doesn't relate to the gate according to Zsolt. The info about getting all 1-14 balls is from the person who owned the real table, so it sounds legitimate but I'm not sure how. Ball 8 must be the kick out hole even thought there's no label. 7 and 9 don't have drop target but only the lights. I've managed to lit them but without knowing how. The thing is, I've managed to lit them AND knocked down all ball drop targets, but the gate wouldn't open...

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt it seems after the last update that the ball ignores the top kickout hole and rarely enters it during a game

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Hi Zsolt it seems after the last update that the ball ignores the top kickout hole and rarely enters it during a game
Thanks! I've made it wider a little bit, so the ball should sit to there easier. The next update will fix it.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
80a26fbc6a2d47c79cea39e1e6b89f64.jpg

[Android 3.4.1]

If you manage to get the ball into the top saucer in the dying seconds of Game Time Bonus, it will not be ejected when GTB ends. You need to quit the game.

I'm not sure how GTB is implemented in the app, but I would imagine that in the game the only solenoids that would be disabled would be the flippers. All other solenoids would be active like saucers, slingshots, drops, diverters.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
[Android 3.4.1]

If you manage to get the ball into the top saucer in the dying seconds of Game Time Bonus, it will not be ejected when GTB ends. You need to quit the game.

I'm not sure how GTB is implemented in the app, but I would imagine that in the game the only solenoids that would be disabled would be the flippers. All other solenoids would be active like saucers, slingshots, drops, diverters.
I have checked it here and ball was ejected at the end of GTB. Maybe some other problem could cause this issue.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt can you explain how the left gate (flipper) opens ? this issue was already posted a couple of times before in this thread and i dont have a clue either,

The text in the rulesheet tells :

Pulling down all targets and entering in the top hole opens the gate and the player scores 8 ball.

Now whats ment by the "top hole" ? is this the kickout hole ? or is it maybe the hole (with the "dropdown" target in front) as depicted below ?

88d467ce8d04f537828225d5ffbdd7fe.jpg

Anyways., i guess this could be really helpfull for everyone, because as far as i know nobody managed to open the gate and score points according the way as described in the rulesheet, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.