Zaccaria Pinball - Red Show (1975) Bugs & Feedback

74-89

May 2, 2014
Very good game, looks fantastic. Suffers greatly from lower slingshot issue, as do many other tables in the collection as it stands now. To Zsolt: please see if you can do something to tone down the lower slingshots. This is going to frustrate people and it damages the overall profile of your otherwise great physics.

Too many balls are draining with the only interaction being the plunge itself.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Very good game, looks fantastic. Suffers greatly from lower slingshot issue, as do many other tables in the collection as it stands now. To Zsolt: please see if you can do something to tone down the lower slingshots. This is going to frustrate people and it damages the overall profile of your otherwise great physics.

Too many balls are draining with the only interaction being the plunge itself.

Ive posted this issue on many tables several times by now and unfortunately no reaction from ASK,

To be honest i dont play zacc so much anymore sinds this issue because indeed, it gets pretty frustrating to see the ball draining time by time by incorrect handling from the lower slings,

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The slings are a big frustration for me as well. I've been trying to deal with them by lowering their strength. But the ping ponging and eventual drain continued. I tried the opposite and it seems to help on some of the tables. Next time you play Red Show change the sling strength to 75% and see what you think. Perfect? No, but more playable for me.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I keep my slings set at 0. It is fun to try different settings to see how the ball and table react together. On some tables, setting it to 60 or higher can really jack up the intensity. But overall, keeping it a 0 gives me a much greater amount of control with less frustrating drains. Also, it feels more like how it played prior to ASK giving us control over the sling settings. The default setting now is drain crazy. Ideally, I would like to see the sling settings assignable per table like the graphics are. That way each table could be fine tuned for what works best for the table's particular layout. As it is now, I'll keep mine at 0.

Thanks to Snorzel and the rest of you that lobbied hard for this table, and especially to ASK for making it happen. What a great table!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
With PC recently announced, seems it makes sense to post bugs/ make requests again.

The table art is slighly off relative to the flippers. In the pics up thread the art is perfectly centered.

I had written some notes about the scoring but have misplaced it. I will post when I come up with it again

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt can you check the slings on this table because they are reacting weird, they just bump the ball straight up to the middle playfield everytime the ball hits them.

It would be really apreciated if the slings on all tables react like on for instance on Farfalla, Devil Riders & House of Diamonds, who show a, (in my opinion) more realistic behaviour when in contact with the ball and dont bounce it straight into the outlanes too often.

I also notice another odd ball behaviour, when it hits a static object it doesnt bounce straight back but instead of this, it seems like it freezis for a short moment before it gets bounced back.

Thanks for the effort Zsolt

Last edited:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I also notice another odd ball behaviour, when it hits a static object it doesnt bounce straight back but instead of this, it seems like it freezis for a short moment before it gets bounced back.

I find when this behaviour occurs, check your physics settings midplay. You may see that your FPS is well below 50. Ideally you want to set your physics/graphics so that the FPS doesn't really ever dip below the high 50s. When it does you get weird graphical oddities like you described.

Realistic reflection and the used/dirty table effects seem to be the biggest culprits for this in my experience.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I find when this behaviour occurs, check your physics settings midplay. You may see that your FPS is well below 50. Ideally you want to set your physics/graphics so that the FPS doesn't really ever dip below the high 50s. When it does you get weird graphical oddities like you described.

Realistic reflection and the used/dirty table effects seem to be the biggest culprits for this in my experience.

Thanks for your answere Spork, all my additional effects settings are set to off or normal, and i am on iphone 6 plus so im not sure this is causing the problem, this issue was also reported by different users in the past and still occurs, so i hope ASK will take some time to check this out.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Thanks for your answere Spork, all my additional effects settings are set to off or normal, and i am on iphone 6 plus so im not sure this is causing the problem, this issue was also reported by different users in the past and still occurs, so i hope ASK will take some time to check this out.

I have copied all the arcade settings into custom except I am using 5.5% sling force, to me 0% was too little. Using a 4s phone

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Hi Zsolt can you check the slings on this table because they are reacting weird, they just bump the ball straight up to the middle playfield everytime the ball hits them.

It would be really apreciated if the slings on all tables react like on for instance on Farfalla, Devil Riders & House of Diamonds, who show a, (in my opinion) more realistic behaviour when in contact with the ball and dont bounce it straight into the outlanes too often.

Thanks for the effort Zsolt
I have checked them and results are:

1. The slingshots on all tables have the same force. Only angle and distance of them are differ and outlane shoots are caused by this. I will try to make some tweaks on the table you mentioned.

2. Odd ball behavior on static object. This is caused by polygon number of those objects. It will be increased on the upcoming builds and fixed by this way.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I have checked them and results are:

1. The slingshots on all tables have the same force. Only angle and distance of them are differ and outlane shoots are caused by this. I will try to make some tweaks on the table you mentioned.

2. Odd ball behavior on static object. This is caused by polygon number of those objects. It will be increased on the upcoming builds and fixed by this way.

1. Thanks Zsolt and yes indeed the shooting angle of the slings is set too high on quite some tables of the collection, it would be a major improvement if this could be corrected on all tables who have this issue because its just so much more fun to play.

2. Great news man nice to read that this is going to be fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts