Zaccaria Pinball - update v2.9

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
first quick glance, framerate issues on ipad 3 ill do the usual to see if it helps if not i can live with nin shiney metal

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I didn't care much for the metal reflections or the particils. They were floating around like dust in the air. Everything else is great.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Yeah I have to say I think the particle effect is pretty silly. That's a feature I can happily live without.
I didn't ask for it, either. Some bugfixing would have been nice. It's not always a lot of work to correct wrong scoring or hit registering. The rulesheet of Mystic Star tells me that I should get a STARS letter from the upper hole. Instead I get the Red Special instantly lit. The rules of the Zaccaria brothers don't count.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Zsolt,

Almost every table seems to have elements that are fuzzy/out of focus. The pop bumpers in farfalla. The 7 Dan wheel in black belt. I catalogued several in the individual table threads but I think it's pretty wide spread. It seems to effect every table up until shooting the Rapids then appears sporadically.

On plunger shots, cabinets which have side art near the plunger are pixilated and fuzzy.

Also two requests--

it would be cool to have the playfields be in a higher resolution on the load screen.

And the countdown numbers to resume a game are fuzzy.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Zsolt,

Almost every table seems to have elements that are fuzzy/out of focus. The pop bumpers in farfalla. The 7 Dan wheel in black belt. I catalogued several in the individual table threads but I think it's pretty wide spread. It seems to effect every table up until shooting the Rapids then appears sporadically.

On plunger shots, cabinets which have side art near the plunger are pixilated and fuzzy.

Also two requests--

it would be cool to have the playfields be in a higher resolution on the load screen.

And the countdown numbers to resume a game are fuzzy.

Indeed. I was kind of worried when I read that the 800mb was reduced to 200 thanks to compression of graphics. Lots of stuff too blurry and muddy looking right now..

night

May 18, 2012
Zsolt: About the glass reflection.

Every glass type (we have 5 too choose from) has a texture added to them, frost, shine, scratches. With the new reflexions we need an option without ANY glass textures, because it are the textures that are obscuring the table art. So just reflections on a clear looking glass plate. No doubt this will give the best and most realistic look.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Zsolt: About the glass reflection.

Every glass type (we have 5 too choose from) has a texture added to them, frost, shine, scratches. With the new reflexions we need an option without ANY glass textures, because it are the textures that are obscuring the table art. So just reflections on a clear looking glass plate. No doubt this will give the best and most realistic look.

I have turned the glass Off on all the tables. It seems to give the clearest/best picture quality IMO.

night

May 18, 2012
I have turned the glass Off on all the tables. It seems to give the clearest/best picture quality IMO.

Yes, but then we miss the new reflections effect. I think that if they remove the textures from the glass we will get the same effect as with 'Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot' in where you see just the backglass reflection, that is just perfect for the illusion of glass, and you will get the same clear look quality as with the glass turned Off.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Overall im happy with this collection after the last update, the plunger mechanism really improved now (except on Space Shuttle) and the spinner rotation is back to a realistic level, nice

Im also happy with the white coloured flippers as they blend in nicer with the colour structure of the tables compared to the grey version, and thanks for removing the transparant overlay in graphics editing mode.

I also like the new backglass fx, nice reflection and it looks really good in transparant mode, the metal fx though has quite a negative impact on lightning, colours and also on the transparancy of the backglass,

With the metal fx set to off everything looks great and personally im just fine with the metal look without the metal fx on,

But for those who like the metal fx look i guess ask should put quite some effort in , because this fx has a considerable negative effect on the colours and lightning of the table.

Im also quite happy with the physics, overall the ball feels less bouncy/more weighted and moves more natural when in contact with different elements on the tabel.

Things which could use some adjustment from my point of view are,

Theres too much bounce on the flippers when the ball hits them, when you let the ball bounce on them without activating the flippers there is an unnatural high amount of bounce goin on.

When the ball exits through the outlanes on some tables it rolls down unrealisticly slow on its way to the exit of the table , this is clearly noticable on for instance Zankor, Devil Riders, Pinball Champ & Mexico,

The strange thing here is, when the ball exits at the left outlane it rolls down to the exit much faster compared when the ball exits at the right outlane, its on this side where the ball gets stuck sometimes (Devil Riders).

Pinball Champ still has too much force on the slingshots when the ball hits them.

the flipperforce of the flippers on the lower part is still a bit to high.

The flipperforce of the tables who have an "upper flipper section" (see pic below cause i dont know how this is called) are to high calibrated compared to the distance of the flippers to the dropdown targets.

2862fdfef7e6bfec37eb1dca7164b590.jpg

Thank you for the hard work ASK

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
The flipper power of the tables who have an "upper flipper section" (see pic below cause i dont know how this is called)
Balls can be stuck on the upper flippers although the frequency isn't particularly high.

A flaw of the ball and flipper physics is the inability of accurate backhands and straight up shots. But that is not the biggest problem of Zaccaria Pinball. On Star's Phoenix the flipper gap is always too small. For lovers of real pinball it would be nice to provide a normal gap.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Balls can be stuck on the upper flippers although the frequency isn't particularly high.

A flaw of the ball and flipper physics is the inability of accurate backhands and straight up shots. But that is not the biggest problem of Zaccaria Pinball. On Star's Phoenix the flipper gap is always too small. For lovers of real pinball it would be nice to provide a normal gap.

agreed, its still quite hard to accurately aim a shot on a specific targets with the flippers.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Concerning the metal fx, i had to reconfigure the graphics settings for all the tables but now with metal fx on it looks super, also the reflection on the glass increased, wow

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Sorry to use this old thread but it don't know how to start a new one. Has anyone noticed that all mention of the new Zac update that was supposed to be submitted this week has disappeared from this forum?

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks I don't know how I missed that one but the thread with the picture of the new table and list of all the fixes that will be put in seems to have disappeared. Unless I'm staring right at it but I even did a search for it. Weird.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts