Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.0

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
It may be interesting to have a camera which moves according to device tilt - I mean accelerometer - to enhance the depth of 3D field.. It should never be overdone, tho.. just a touch of tilting to left/right and forward/back.

+ 3

Yes, good to have this camera preset added, and great if the last used camera preset is auto loaded on startup of the app.

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
It may be interesting to have a camera which moves according to device tilt - I mean accelerometer - to enhance the depth of 3D field.. It should never be overdone, tho.. just a touch of tilting to left/right and forward/back.

This was done in the first two standalone Zen Pinball tables on iOS: Rollercoaster and Inferno. It was interesting effect, and it was fun to show off, but with the early hardware that these tables were running on, it wasn't really all that smooth. It was never something that you could actually play with.

Unfortunately, these tables are no longer available from the App Store.

Here's an old video of Rollercoaster from Touch Arcade, where they demonstrate this effect:

Last edited:

haj

Sep 28, 2012
This was done in the first two standalone Zen Pinball tables on iOS: Rollercoaster and Inferno. It was interesting effect, and it was fun to show off, but with the early hardware that these tables were running on, it wasn't really all that smooth. It was never something that you could actually play with.

Unfortunately, these tables are no longer available from the App Store.

Here's an old video of Rollercoaster from Touch Arcade, where they demonstrate this effect:

Didn't Gameprom's pinballs have the same feature at some point? I remember their tables ran very smooth on an iPad2. Since I'm now on an iPadAir I don't have much worries about performance issue personally...

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Universal Art Issue - when you have the metal fx on it has a weird effect on the backglass making it look like foil. It also effects the 25 cent sticker visible on the plunger shot.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Now just after checking all tables mainly for physics issues, after several updates the improvements made by finetuning are becoming noticably effective , though i do experience the dynamics of the engine could use some finetuning.

It seems on all tables when the ball interacts on low speed, it regularly just drops dead when hitting a slingshot and runs down between the flippers to the exit of the table, while when it runs on high speed the bumpers and even stationary objects react with too much force.

It would be nice when the physics act more balanced when performing in different situations.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online