Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.1

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I also have crashes with any table when loading. I reinstalled Zaccaria Pinball it from the appstore but even that didn't help.

EDIT Switching off WLAN helps. i got a text about pinball news on top of the main screen with "no permission"

Confirmed. Disconnecting from wi-fi fixes the problem.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I'm curious if anyone is having the same problem I'm having with the table view. Whenever I shut down the app completely and then restart the app, I'm zoomed up close to the plunger like on view #4. (The view number shows 341. There might be another digit just off the screen to the left of the 3). If I plunge, the view never zooms out, but goes completely black until the ball drains. The view can be corrected by cycling through them as usual.
By shutting down the app completely, I mean double-clicking the home key so that all active apps appear on screen, then scrolling to and dragging Zaccaria up out of the list.
It's no big deal, I'm just curious. This did not occur before this last update.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Hard reset works. I think the newsfeed update is the culprit.

Having a Game Center issue on strike - I reclaimed my #1 spot yesterday (nice try Dagwood :p) and it displayed for awhile then went to unranked - so I re-beat it last night and now this morning it's back to Unranked. This happening to anyone else?

Sounds like your score is higher than the maximum allowed score for that leaderboard. Your high score should reappear once Zsolt adjusts the setting for that leaderboard.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Sounds like your score is higher than the maximum allowed score for that leaderboard. Your high score should reappear once Zsolt adjusts the setting for that leaderboard.

Thank for the info! My former high score was 960,000 something ( I would check but zacc keeps crashing now LOL). The new one that didn't register was over a mil, at first I thought it was a rollover issue, but the strike table has a digit for the millions place.

Didn't know there was a max allowed leaderboard value - makes sense for keeping out cheaters (at least those who get over zealous)

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
It seems like we have managed to fix the wifi issue. It was a server related problem. Please check it and let us know what happened. Sorry for trouble!

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
This is also posted in the Time Machine threat and i would also like to post it here, because there were quite some postive reactions for the red and blue flipper pairs as a switchable option in graphics menu for all tables, just curious who is still positive about this option,

0d883bfd3a0c66f2c987aabd84e77bd7.jpg

08552d5d443c0fdaa4d45170f1131df8.jpg

a93df6f8832c8128d45cab4668f06240.jpg

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
This is also posted in the Time Machine threat and i would also like to post it here, because there were quite some postive reactions for the red and blue flipper pairs as a switchable option in graphics menu for all tables, just curious who is still positive about this option,

+1. Would really separate Zaccs from the other pinball games, as i'm sure was the original intention.

74-89

May 2, 2014

This is my #1 request, I think it's absolutely essential!

From what I understand, every model, but probably not every single machine, from Pinball Champ (April 1983) onward left the Zaccaria factory with red flippers and blue secondaries. At the height of their success, some thought and considerable cost obviously went into this enterprise. They were unique. I haven't yet seen a photo of Pool Champion with these but the only pics I can find show a machine that is obviously in some state of disarray.

If not a added as an option, I think they should just be the default on those tables.

Last edited:

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Below here i will post a link to a collection of videos of different Zacc tables, just to illustrate how much more action is going on during gameplay compared to the ASK versions.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7OyqNPKIcCSvpt-uxGFx4GV-9voB_xEo

yeah for sure. It really does feel like the versions of these tables we play in the ASK game are limited to a fairly narrow script of action compared to the real tables. Playing many of the tables again since the update I can't get past the dead one way gates at the top of tables that have them. The ball just hits the things and drops down. No bounce back at all...and as I continue to play them it starts to feel like there's never more than about 5 possible ways the ball can leave a flipper.

I don't want to keep whining about it though because I know the ASK crew are working hard and I respect their commitment and I do really love the look and general design of the tables. I just find that they sometimes don't play all that well...

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
strange , no crash with me ! I updated and got the new table , everything works fine .... I update from App Store in Japan , is there any connection ?! just thinking ......

haj

Sep 28, 2012
strange , no crash with me ! I updated and got the new table , everything works fine .... I update from App Store in Japan , is there any connection ?! just thinking ......
The crash seemed to be server related problem as Zsolt stated several comments ago. It's been fixed now.

74-89

May 2, 2014
to me personally, the best the Zacc physics ever were two updates ago. the more realistic you're getting, the more it's becoming about being able to sharp shoot shots and i'm not sure if your engine can do that. i personally just play pinball for fun so i'm more about banging the ball around and less about precision.

I agree, the first update with the new engine was the most fun to play. That version (minus the stuck spinners, with adequate plunger force and slightly less flipper bounce), might be my idealized Arcade physics setting. Exact realism should be a thing to work towards for the finalized version of Simulation mode.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I agree, the first update with the new engine was the most fun to play. That version (minus the stuck spinners, with adequate plunger force and slightly less flipper bounce), might be my idealized Arcade physics setting. Exact realism should be a thing to work towards for the finalized version of Simulation mode.

I agree as well. Now I miss a lot of plunger shots! Plus Farafella and Soccer Kings the ball gets stuck in plunger lane unless you use the small ball, not the normal one.

I must say however that I do enjoy the dropping of a coin sound at the beginning of each play

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Yeah.. from my point of view physics are definently not finished yet, it got better sinds the new physics engine got implemented, but as is now gameplay lacks energy and diversity in contact with all bumping elements on the table, ball movement becomes predictable at times and sort of floats over the table, ignoring elements where it should interact with to make gameplay more energetic and divers, not sure if the engine is capable enough to do the trick though.

I fully agree that the default physics should be just great out of the box providing gameplay which is a joy for everyone, instead of fiddling around with sliders forever in custom mode which in the end dont bring what you actually would like to see happening on the table.

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Finally got around to checking my settings, they are the same as yours so I probably copied them from you before. Still think the physics are weird though, a long way from TPA.

Hey dude. I have almost a spitting image of your settings for Zac except I out the ball elasticity at 80%. Give it a try and tell me when you think.

night

May 18, 2012
Hey dude. I have almost a spitting image of your settings for Zac except I out the ball elasticity at 80%. Give it a try and tell me when you think.

I didn't notice much difference by reducing ball elasticity. But I have been experimenting with the setting some more. Try this: all settings as I posted before but Ball Velocity to +100 (instead of -100)
and Flipper Force +15 (instead of +30). This makes the ball heavier and less floaty in my experiance. What do you think?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts