Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.3

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I didnt speak about High Speed (TPA) in terms of a pinball table but in terms of ball speed.

I couldn't imagine how you of all people would make that mistake. Duh. :)

I should have just shut my big mouth but I was wondering what table you were talking about so I threw it in. You have my completely skewer me next time you catch me in another "duh" moment, which will probably happen in 5 min or so!! ;)

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I'm still loving the new physics update. The main gameplay issue I have now is accurately landing the ball into the cups on most tables. It is really a matter of luck for me whether a ball lands in a cup or sails on by. It's particularly hard to land a cup that's in the middle of the table close to the flippers. While I feel like I have better directional control of the flippers, i feel they could use more pressure sensitivity so that I can better control the speed of the ball coming off the flippers.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Add me into that group as well. With the new physics i feel as though I have much better accuracy but like others have said before me, trying to get the ball to hit the cups is basically luck. Is it possible to design the game so that a light tap on the flippers means a light shot with the flippers? it seams to me that no matter how lightly I tap the flippers they hit the ball with the same force.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I'm still loving the new physics update. The main gameplay issue I have now is accurately landing the ball into the cups on most tables. It is really a matter of luck for me whether a ball lands in a cup or sails on by. It's particularly hard to land a cup that's in the middle of the table close to the flippers. While I feel like I have better directional control of the flippers, i feel they could use more pressure sensitivity so that I can better control the speed of the ball coming off the flippers.

+1.

The center cup on Circus is a perfect example of this.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I think there is a degree of touch sensitivity in the flippers. It just needs to be fine tuned to to accommodate lob style flips.

ETA: Actually, I'm not so sure. If there is a level of sensitivity, it's very subtle.

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
+1.

The center cup on Circus is a perfect example of this.

i made a mistake on my previous post and called the ball kicker holes sometimes on the left or right sometimes in the middle was what i was talking about. The center cupid Circus will take a dead on shot yet it doesn't capture the ball. I just had it happen 1/2 times on one ball before finally got it to grab the ball.

olivier

Nov 24, 2013
i'm an older international friend! and i had the chance to play farfalla (one of my favorite 80's table) and time machine several months back in the 80's. In france, the standard setting was 3 balls, but you could win free plays, for example, one free play for 350000 points, another one for 700000, and 3 more for beating the high score. I don't remember they were that drainy in real life, not drainy as the gottliebs tables!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
i'm an older international friend! and i had the chance to play farfalla (one of my favorite 80's table) and time machine several months back in the 80's. In france, the standard setting was 3 balls, but you could win free plays, for example, one free play for 350000 points, another one for 700000, and 3 more for beating the high score. I don't remember they were that drainy in real life, not drainy as the gottliebs tables!

Thanks Olivier - appreciate your feedback - and settles it for me - leaderboards should definitely be restricted to 3-ball play.
I incorrectly assumed old pins were 5-ball as a standard - didn't factor in that pinball is a business!

And welcome to the forums (even though you joined forever ago!!!)

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks Olivier - appreciate your feedback - and settles it for me - leaderboards should definitely be restricted to 3-ball play.
I incorrectly assumed old pins were 5-ball as a standard - didn't factor in that pinball is a business!

And welcome to the forums (even though you joined forever ago!!!)

I also was under the impression that a lot of the operators in Italy, at least-used the 5 ball setting. I remember reading from someone over seas but the more I see on here whomever posted that was perhaps lucky to only hit places that offered the 5 ball option.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Almost all EM pins I played as a kid were set to 5 ball. Many early SS pins were also often on 5 ball. Never played a Zacc in the wild though.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm shocked that with the extensive camera controls available, the only one I'm interested in doesn't exist. I'd love to be able to adjust stationary cam 1. Setting the upper and lower camera movement as close to each other as possible is not enough. Even the smallest bit of movement makes me sick.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I'm shocked that with the extensive camera controls available, the only one I'm interested in doesn't exist. I'd love to be able to adjust stationary cam 1. Setting the upper and lower camera movement as close to each other as possible is not enough. Even the smallest bit of movement makes me sick.

+1 on getting a stationary cam editor setting

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.