Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.5 [iOS/Android]

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
first: thanks for the new update and the new machines and modes: fantastic work - as always!

but one thing I'm missing is the support of USB-controllers: I built a pinball-cabinet around a xbox-360 controller and a android-tablet. The controller is no more supported now: with the previous versions of Zaccaria Pinball 'Button A' operated the plunger, the left and right digital-shoulder buttons operated the flippers

please implement the usb-controller-support again! thanks a lot for your efforts!
That's a bug, it will be fixed by the next update!

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I know you mentioned that it is cost prohibitive to bring Zacc pinball to consoles, but is it possible to release on Steam? Would be a day one purchase......

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I generally play in portrait, but have been experimenting with Landscape because the cameras are so adjustable in Zacc, but wondered if I could make a few Landscape interface suggestions, to see how popular they'd be.
e5f8ce16ea082bc62778597572f622ba.jpg

Firstly I'd move the HUD/score to the extreme left to maximise table visibility for the top end of the playfield. I'd move the camera button just below the HUD.

Just for landscape, id make the variable strength flipper zones occupy 2/3 instead of 1/2 the screen vertical height. Top 1/3 would be for nudge zone.
This is suggested because in Landscape you have less vertical height to your screen, so the range becomes more compressed and is a little fiddly on a phone. It would improve landscape control.
(I wouldn't change portrait, that's perfect as 1/2 and 1/2).

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Reflections for the score reel games aren't as good as the lcd ones, especially on the lighter field of moon flight.
281f532442b011b7fd6cbdeef4753012.jpg

Had a couple of bugs too.
An older one is - last camera used isn't remembered for next app start.
Eg, if using camera's 4 & 5, but last one used was 4, occasionally on next app start you get camera 5 on start up.

Secondly - some table specific light settings seem to get forgotten.
Eg last night I set up some custom light settings for 'lucky fruit', yet just fired it up today and this and a random selection of other tables settings have reverted to default again. Not all tables though, and can't Reproduce the glitch consistently.

74-89

May 2, 2014
Update v3.5.1 will be available soon and come with the following changes:

• ADDED re-drawn playfield textures for PINBALL CHAMP, FARFALLA and HOT WHEELS.
  • ADDED a new option, Glass Reflection Intensity in Graphics Settings.
  • FINE-TUNED dark lightmap textures for more correct dark modes.
  • ADDED re-drawn cabinet textures for ALL tables.
  • ADDED a new background environment.
  • FIXED misspelled drop target on info screen of LUCKY FRUIT.
  • FIXED ball stuck issue at right outlane on COMBAT.
  • FIXED lightning strike sound effect in Storm Night mode.
  • ADDED possibility to play in dark modes a round by watching a video.

Do you guys ever sleep?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
So my guess on Apple to release this will be hmmmm.....next Friday.

I would imagine that Ask would wait a week or so after releasing it to Android to allow issues to be found and resolved first - eg : in first 1/2 days 3.51 was released. That is probably better for you iOs guys otherwise you would have to wait a long time for another version to pass through the Apple cogs.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Devil Riders leaderboards still aren't working.
I think they only worked on the very first Android release.
Just posted a 458660 score and the leaderboards still have me at 203820.
5302c71cbf9e1b9d4e5807ad7c27fa6f.jpg

4397389dc15da5269697a0d3e10bf90e.jpg

74-89

May 2, 2014
I generally play in portrait, but have been experimenting with Landscape because the cameras are so adjustable in Zacc, but wondered if I could make a few Landscape interface suggestions, to see how popular they'd be.
e5f8ce16ea082bc62778597572f622ba.jpg

Firstly I'd move the HUD/score to the extreme left to maximise table visibility for the top end of the playfield. I'd move the camera button just below the HUD.

I'd just like to cast my vote for "it's fine the way it is". The only change I'd like to see in the GUI is to make the BACK button larger, I usually have to punch it 4 or 5 times to make it work.

One more thing before I leave you alone for awhile. Day mode now has some strange shadows on it, is it supposed to be that way? It looks more like Evening to me. OK friends, back to sleep.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I'd just like to cast my vote for "it's fine the way it is". The only change I'd like to see in the GUI is to make the BACK button larger, I usually have to punch it 4 or 5 times to make it work.

One more thing before I leave you alone for awhile. Day mode now has some strange shadows on it, is it supposed to be that way? It looks more like Evening to me. OK friends, back to sleep.
Zen realised this is a good way to do landscape. Even Farsight, who generally need to be led to water also do this too, but with limited vertical real estate you'd prefer 10 - 15% of it is obscured. Go figure.
cfdc3dfbf4760db5f6f54489cdfe4bb2.jpg

e5514ee2375225d56238f37c5b8dfb56.jpg

74-89

May 2, 2014
Hmm... maybe because I only use camera 1 in landscape, the scoring reels don't obscure the playfield any.

I hope ASK never does anything that resembles Zen or Farsight. I don't like them much.

Those are ugly-looking screen shots!

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Hmm... maybe because I only use camera 1 in landscape, the scoring reels don't obscure the playfield any.

I hope ASK never does anything that resembles Zen or Farsight. I don't like them much.

Those are ugly-looking screen shots!
Guess space matters more to phone players. Guessing you have a tablet.
Camera 1 landscape is too small even on a Note 4.

If the HUD did move, you could still play camera 1 with the exact same view, just with a gap. Or with a minutes work, you could set an identical custom cam, which was fixed, but was 10% closer zoomed in.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Update v3.5.2 for Android and iOS has been sent to approve with following changes:

FIXED iCade and USB Controller support.
FIXED reflection issue on MEXICO '86 and STRIKE.
ADDED re-drawn playfield texture for ROBOT.
FIXED blurry texture of left pop bumper on STRIKE.
FIXED missing coin sounds at table start.
FIXED missing flippers in arcade mode on MEXICO '86.

jetcorder

Apr 19, 2013
Update v3.5.2 for Android and iOS has been sent to approve with following changes:

FIXED iCade and USB Controller support.
FIXED reflection issue on MEXICO '86 and STRIKE.
ADDED re-drawn playfield texture for ROBOT.
FIXED blurry texture of left pop bumper on STRIKE.
FIXED missing coin sounds at table start.
FIXED missing flippers in arcade mode on MEXICO '86.

Thanks again for fixing iCade and USB Controller support!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.