Zaccaria Pinball - Winter Sports (1978) Bugs & Feedback

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
The vertical yellow inlane / outlane dividers have some stray flashing textures on them - as does the little pin thing below left of the left hand one.

You can just about see it in the fly-by, but during play sometimes the pop bumpers start flashing, and so will these parts.

Actually this is an issue with the lightmap, not textures. Almost looks like reversed normals (wrong sides of faces illuminating) to me, but I've only dabbled with Blender, so what do I know :)

It's also pretty hard to spot unless you're on a 12" screen with the ball trapped, but there you go... The switch on the right that flashes the pop bumpers sets them off.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt also on this table it seems after the last update that the ball ignores the top kickout hole and rarely enters it during a game.

Also, it happens frequently that the ball drains through the outlane to the exit of the table instead of getting kicked back into the inlane by the little bumpers (see pic)

49bdde533eb67efc156671974afd4fc5.jpg

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Hi Zsolt also on this table it seems after the last update that the ball ignores the top kickout hole and rarely enters it during a game.

Also, it happens frequently that the ball drains through the outlane to the exit of the table instead of getting kicked back into the inlane by the little bumpers (see pic)

49bdde533eb67efc156671974afd4fc5.jpg
Thanks!. Those metal sticks at the outlanes have been moved a little bit. The hole has a wider vent. The next update will include these changes.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Having an issue withe the kickout hole at the top. If the first kickout doesn't get the ball out, it is stuck until you call the attendant. Happened twice to me in the same game.

Ipad 4, ios 8.2

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Having an issue withe the kickout hole at the top. If the first kickout doesn't get the ball out, it is stuck until you call the attendant. Happened twice to me in the same game.

Ipad 4, ios 8.2

Confirmed. Also, it mostly kicks straight down the middle for a drain.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013

Ipad 4, ios 8.2
Since this issue also affects to some other tables I have made a double check function to make sure the ball got out properly. So the next update will fix this.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt, i found a picture of a real Zacc Winter Sports table, and compared to the ASK sim the following elements are also illuminated,

the cabinet along the left side,
the bumper cabinet right of the pops,
the two small bumper cabinets at the left & right side of the kickout hole.
1a5239f4c98859be34a3e5f32055bee4.jpg

While on the ASK sim they are off and only flash when the ball hits them, this actually makes this table look quite dark compared to the real Zacc.
fd20dd9e7d45763e62c277bda6547c19.jpg

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Hi Zsolt, i found a picture of a real Zacc Winter Sports table, and compared to the ASK sim the following elements are also illuminated,

the cabinet along the left side,
the bumper cabinet right of the pops,
the two small bumper cabinets at the left & right side of the kickout hole.
1a5239f4c98859be34a3e5f32055bee4.jpg

While on the ASK sim they are off and only flash when the ball hits them, this actually makes this table look quite dark compared to the real Zacc.
fd20dd9e7d45763e62c277bda6547c19.jpg
Thanks, the next update will make them lit.

74-89

May 2, 2014
To Zsolt, info screen error. Says 5-bank drop targets (1) 1-bank spot targets (1).

Should say 1-bank drop targets (1) 5-bank spot targets (1) 1-bank spot targets (2).

74-89

May 2, 2014
To Zsolt: This table appears to have the same spinner problem that Hot Wheels had. You only get a good spin if you are lucky and the spinner is sitting in just the right position when the ball goes through.

Edit: there also appears to be the "slow drain" problem with this table, the ball drains very slowly when it reaches the bottom of the playfield.

Additionally, according to pictures of the real game (as in the above example), the red star pop bumper caps on this are incorrect. It should have the same yellow and green caps with a red Z as used on Strike.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.