Zaccaria Pinball

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I know its a cash grab on a not-yet licensed by FS attempt, but zaccaria pins are all about flash and there is a reason they weren't popular amongst the GIANTS of pinball manufacturers. I'm just saying most will never see 1 or even a nice one.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Well...this is the first time ive woken up next to an ugly table hahaha i quickly gave it one more plunge and quietly deleted the product...

night

May 18, 2012
Too bad that this topic had just two posts before I bought it and went to bed. It sucks! The ball looks hiddeous and the physics are just bad. Don't buy it.

Edit: I changed my mind, this product needs work but has potential!

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Its really a same the table itself seems fun,

For 69 p a shot maybe but this?

No thanks, od have like to see them in tpa

night

May 18, 2012
Its really a same the table itself seems fun,

For 69 p a shot maybe but this?

No thanks, od have like to see them in tpa

Yeah, I checked some youtubes of the original tables before I bought it and they look good, fast action with the bumpers. But I guess these boys have the rights now.

What is a real stinker, you have to buy all this seperate little extra's like balls and lighting fx, what the.. f.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Glad I checked this thread before I got home and bought it. Still oddly tempted for some reason, just to see how abysmal it is. Loves me some Zaccaria; would've liked to not see the license go to waste.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Ive bought most age of pinball as they were cheap and i like variety...and i dont object to the prices of tables in a way. But the quality of the engine and the murderous iap just ruin it

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Too bad. I'm not at all familer with Zaccaria tables and would have liked to try them out.
Farfalla is really the only Zaccaria table anyone mentions. There was one on location here for a little while, but hardly anyone played it. I think the art turned a lot of people away - it's really heavy on the rainbows, flowers and butterflies. You certainly don't feel manly while playing.

I gave it a few goes, but I don't really remember anything remarkable about the gameplay, good or bad.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think they had some great art and few tables I would have really liked to played, like Farfalla, Spooky, and Time Machine. I can't believe how ugly Time Machine looks in that promo video. Can anyone that tried the app confirm that it really looks this bad? I want to believ it is just a crappy YouTube feed.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I was tempted to download the app to check it out, but since its over 200megs, it would have taken a while. After seeing that youtube I'll definitely pass. The ball physics look horrible, but the machines look hideous. Maybe you have to be on acid to appreciate them? ;)

I'll give them points for the nite mode...that does look cool. I wish FS could do that!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Canuck, totally agree with you on dark mode. It's a very nice touch. But I believe that dark mode is an in app purchase.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If it goes on sale or is free for a promotional period, then I may pick it up. Looks like graphics from 15 years ago. :(

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I think they had some great art and few tables I would have really liked to played, like Farfalla, Spooky, and Time Machine. I can't believe how ugly Time Machine looks in that promo video. Can anyone that tried the app confirm that it really looks this bad? I want to believ it is just a crappy YouTube feed.

Nope the videos pretty accurate lol

night

May 18, 2012
I gave it another shot. The vid is not a good promo, and it has a lot of stuttering, this is not the case with the App. Notice the ball in the video, this is NOT the ball you get! What I find most annoying is the look of the ball and you have to see it in motion to understand. Perhaps others can share their opinion. For the look of the table, see my screenshot, iPad2. There are 3 camera views, 1 works best (piccy 1), 2 is top view, 3 is like nr. 4 in TPA and is dynamic. The graphics look not too bad and I have seen uglier tables in TPA.
I have to say, it plays not that bad and I should give it some more time and try. It's an odd table, nothing compared to what I play in TPA, but then, this is perhaps a more obscure Italian pin, I have never heard of it before and have no reference. The elevating bumper-playfield in the back is interesting. It looks like a simple table, nothing deep. I do like the mechanical fx and voices, it's strange, but switch of the music in the menu and the background noise. I am almost tempting to buy the €0,89 ball pack to get rid of the look. I wish I was rich and not so handsome..

image.jpg

image%2520copy%25202.jpg

image%2520copy%25203.jpg

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thanks for the pics night. Not nearly as bad as I thought. Now I am back on the fence again.

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
“night” obviously didn't get the memo. The hive mind has already decided that there’s nothing to like here.

But I agree with him. This isn't my favorite pinball app, but it's definitely worth having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts