Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 - Free for owners of the PS3-version

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I transferred this over from the PS4 Season 3 Thread.
A couple of quotes from Barbie on 12/10/12 on the Zen forum when the Zen Pinball Originals were released on the XBOX 360. -

"We know you want exclusives to make the jump, and so do we. Some, we can't move (like Ms Splosion, she's an MS property), but we are definitely pushing for the others to be released on PSN. We know you guys want the XBLA tables to move to PSN. So do we. Trust me, we REALLY want to bring them to you. It's a matter of contracts and red tape and all that fun stuff. Think of this as a first step to us reaching our goal of bringing all our tables to as many platforms as possible. Remember when you all wanted a new updated version of Zen/Marvel Pinball (like we gave the XBLA folks, with Pinball FX2)? We brought you Zen Pinball 2. For free. Please don't take this as an insult. We are listening and we try to bring you what you want, it's just a matter of timing."

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Quote Originally Posted by Espy View Post
It was a couple of years ago now. I wonder if the iron has cooled on this matter - the tables are getting older and don't stand up the more recent tables in terms of complexity. Not sure if they'd want to release such an old product. I certainly don't see the PFX1 tables coming out as they have aged terribly. The PFX2 tables are a bit more likely, but I'm not convinced.

I still see requests for these tables on the Zen FB and forum pages from non-PBFX users. Like Rafie, I too own all the PBFX tables on the 360 that I do not own on ZP 2. But I still hold out hope that at least the PBFX 2 core tables will come to ZP 2, so that I can play them as well on my Vita and PS 4, much like the ZP Original Pack came to PBFX 2 back in 2012. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. I'm just happy we're getting what we're getting next week from Zen.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Updated list of tables available on PS4:

Old tables ported at launch:
Earth Defense
Epic Quest
Marvel Pinball: Wolverine
Marvel Pinball: Spider-Man
Marvel Pinball: Iron Man
Marvel Pinball: Blade
Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles - The Infinity Gauntlet
Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles - World War Hulk
Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles - Fear Itself
Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles - The Avengers
Paranormal
Plants vs. Zombies Pinball
Sorcerer's Lair (free for everyone who downloads Zen Pinball 2)
Star Wars Pinball: The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars Pinball: Boba Fett
Star Wars Pinball: The Clone Wars
Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force - Starfighter Assault
Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force - Return of the Jedi
Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force - Darth Vader

New Tables:
Marvel: Deadpool
Marvel: Doctor Strange
Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within - Han Solo
Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within - Episode IV A New Hope
Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within - Droids
Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within - Masters of the Force

More old tables with todays update:
El Dorado
Excalibur
Mars
Marvel: Fantastic Four
Marvel: Captain America
Marvel: Civil War
Marvel: Ghost Rider
Marvel: Moon Knight
Marvel: Thor
Marvel: X-Men
Shaman
Street Fighter II Tribute
Tesla
V12

Still not on PS4:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Tribute

Coming soon:
The Walking Dead

This is excellent as it means I can delete the game off my PS3 to free up space.

Also, Xbox One version is NOT getting cross-buy support due to Microsoft being completely moronic and not allowing it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.