Zen Pinball 2 - Pinball FX2 Classics

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Finally got around to trying these on my PS4 after having them installed for over a week. These, at first blush anyway, appear to be fantastic tables. These are so much better than the V12/Shaman/etc core pack for Zen 1, it's unreal. Waaaaaaay more detailed, better playing, just...better. Great tables and great additions to the collection!

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Still love secrets of the deep. Totally dig the theme. There are definetly not enough underwater tables out there.
Great and sort of realistic table layout.
Have to admit this is the table that brought me back to digital pinball. Now I rarely play zen. They kind of overdo it now.
Liked the butters table though.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Still love secrets of the deep. Totally dig the theme. There are definetly not enough underwater tables out there.
Great and sort of realistic table layout.

I always thought, seeing as Zen do fantasy pinball, they could use water creatively in one of their tables. e.g. have a part of the table occasionally become flooded, affecting the control of the ball, have a gap in a habitrail and having to fill a container to push a the connector into place, have water cannons (perhaps player-controlled) push the ball around... stuff like that.

Of course it would be unwise to try these on a real machine ;)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Was playing Biolab last night and got 85 million. Was ridiculously close to completing Perfect Organism but I drained at the last second because of me not being wary about how the ball exits from the Escape magnet. Still was a pretty good game.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Was playing Biolab last night and got 85 million. Was ridiculously close to completing Perfect Organism but I drained at the last second because of me not being wary about how the ball exits from the Escape magnet. Still was a pretty good game.

Are these tables pretty low-scoring compared to modern Zen then?

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I always thought, seeing as Zen do fantasy pinball, they could use water creatively in one of their tables. e.g. have a part of the table occasionally become flooded, affecting the control of the ball, have a gap in a habitrail and having to fill a container to push a the connector into place, have water cannons (perhaps player-controlled) push the ball around... stuff like that.

Of course it would be unwise to try these on a real machine ;)

That would be awesome!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Are these tables pretty low-scoring compared to modern Zen then?

Getting over 100 million on any zen tables is a happy achievement for me -certainly no BILLIONS (insert Austin powers reference) unless you like insane marathons

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
They tried this to a certain extent once before. When Shaman first released out on Zen Pinball 1 (PS3), the Flood Mission did just that. It changed the way the ball moved. The ball became slower, behaved differently, and it was harder to control shots. Unfortunately, a lot of people complained about it and Zen removed the mechanic in the later releases of the table (ZP2 and PFX2 versions). Many of them said it ruined the pinball experience. It may be fantasy pinball, but many players want the ball move realistically as possible.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
They tried this to a certain extent once before. When Shaman first released out on Zen Pinball 1 (PS3), the Flood Mission did just that. It changed the way the ball moved. The ball became slower, behaved differently, and it was harder to control shots. Unfortunately, a lot of people complained about it and Zen removed the mechanic in the later releases of the table (ZP2 and PFX2 versions). Many of them said it ruined the pinball experience. It may be fantasy pinball, but many players want the ball move realistically as possible.

I assume you haven't seen the Balloon mission in South Park :p

It doesn't have to be completely submerged, I was more thinking how it would control on surface-level water. Or maybe water rolling down the screen. Just needs to be in a mini-playfield, not the whole table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.