Zen Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball Volume One

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Silverball , just looked at the PS4 , stunning !!! yes on XBOX and PS4 Fish Tales missing maybe tomorrow :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
all tables on my PC :cool: must be something missed on the consoles , I said before this will be the start of a new era in visual pinball , it`s way better than I thought , well done Zen . who would`ve thought I`d have my fantasy and real tables together , not me , not in a million years . the moon here I come !!!:cool:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Dug around on their Facebook page and they replied to a few people stating that the data for FT and demos will release shortly.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Great. Now I'm going to have a tirade with Zen on this, as I've had with Farsight. Game ROMs are sped up during play.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
all tables on my PC :cool: must be something missed on the consoles , I said before this will be the start of a new era in visual pinball , it`s way better than I thought , well done Zen . who would`ve thought I`d have my fantasy and real tables together , not me , not in a million years . the moon here I come !!!:cool:

Same with me. As old-blue eyes sang:

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Up on Nintendo Switch... Unfortunately, the physical controls are broken in vertical handheld mode. Only option is to use touchscreen controls or play horizontally. This saddens me greatly.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Up on Nintendo Switch... Unfortunately, the physical controls are broken in vertical handheld mode. Only option is to use touchscreen controls or play horizontally. This saddens me greatly.

Did you try both the clockwise and counter-clockwise vertical orientations?

The physical controls work for me in both vertical modes. However, in one of them, the left flipper button also toggles the enhanced graphics. But everything works properly in the other vertical mode.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
hooked XBOX1X , PC XTX1060 6GB , PS4 PRO to my 55inch 4k tv all the same time and watched the same table , all look stunning , I`m gob smacked !!!:cool:

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Did you try both the clockwise and counter-clockwise vertical orientations?

The physical controls work for me in both vertical modes. However, in one of them, the left flipper button also toggles the enhanced graphics. But everything works properly in the other vertical mode.

When I play with one joycon, the effects are constantly turning on and off every time I hit the left flipper and when I play with the other joycon, I can't hold both flippers simultaneously... hitting one cancels out the other. Also, there's no option to keep the default controls in this orientation, meaning that it won't be compatible with that awesome Flip Grip accessory releasing in December. This won't do.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
I'm only able to play Fish Tales on the Steam version. It says I own the Williams pack in the Steam store, but in-game the other 3 tables are locked.

If you bought it while in game, exit and relaunch. Mine did some data loading the first time after purchase. I'm assuming you already patched to current version to see Fish Tales but if not, check your download queue and see if the update is there.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
When I play with one joycon, the effects are constantly turning on and off every time I hit the left flipper and when I play with the other joycon, I can't hold both flippers simultaneously... hitting one cancels out the other. Also, there's no option to keep the default controls in this orientation, meaning that it won't be compatible with that awesome Flip Grip accessory releasing in December. This won't do.

Ah, you're right, I can't hold the flippers simultaneously in one mode as well.

It should work properly with the Switch Grip, however. Remember that the Switch Grip requires you to disconnect the Joycons from the system. I just tested controlling the game in vertical mode with the Joycons detached. When you detach the Joycons, the game retains the default controls, even in vertical mode, and everything works properly.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
You have to disconnect the joycons when playing in vertical mode. Works fine for me. With the Flip Grip it will work fine as well, since the joycons are not connected directly with the switch with it.

What annoys me greatly is, that the camera still changes in vertical mode with the new effects on when you lock a ball. Why? :(

Just give us the option to turn off the dynamic camera. It takes me out of the immersion. Cabinet owners will be even more annoyed with this.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If you bought it while in game, exit and relaunch. Mine did some data loading the first time after purchase. I'm assuming you already patched to current version to see Fish Tales but if not, check your download queue and see if the update is there.

I’m away from my PC now, but I did try relaunching the game with no luck. You might be right about the download queue though. I noticed earlier there was an update for another game in my library that was paused, so maybe it was behind that in the queue. I did at least force the main update for FX3 since I was able to play Fish Tales. I’m guessing it’ll be sorted by the time I’m back on my PC later today.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Oh, good to know about detaching the joycons. I'm going to be stoked when that Flip Grip releases... Vertical screen with comfortable controls! In the meantime, I hope they provide a fix to these issues quickly. TV mode for now, I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.