Zen Pinball - Star Wars

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
The detail on the Han Solo table is incredible.
Click the still image below youtube clip and zoom in on the background modelling. Wow.
Plus it's the same designer as 'Fear Itself' which is one of my all time favourites.

Ep IV sounds good - according to the Zen forum it's a faster more intense table this one, 3 mini playfields, transforming bumpers and moving death star. Ooooo.

How did you find out who the designer was? I'd love to find out who designed which Zen tables, it would be fun to see who made my favorites/least favorites

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
How did you find out who the designer was? I'd love to find out who designed which Zen tables, it would be fun to see who made my favorites/least favorites

Tip: The designer details are etched underneath the left (?) flipper, just like real tables. You can't see them in regular play but you can with table exploration. You can actually spot similarities between the designers once you start to acknowledge them. For example the tables dubbed "ramp coasters" (World War Hulk, Clone Wars, Darth Vader) are all by the same guy.

Not sure if this applies to the older tables, but the newer ones certainly.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Tip: The designer details are etched underneath the left (?) flipper, just like real tables. You can't see them in regular play but you can with table exploration. You can actually spot similarities between the designers once you start to acknowledge them. For example the tables dubbed "ramp coasters" (World War Hulk, Clone Wars, Darth Vader) are all by the same guy.

Not sure if this applies to the older tables, but the newer ones certainly.

Yeah I've noticed that too. WWH, CLone Wars, Darth Vader, Thor, and Iron Man was designed by the same guy. If I'm wrong someone correct me. As it is the last several from the guy that made Iron Man IMO one of the tougher tables to get to the wizard made and complete it, his last few tables WWH Darth Vader especially (Ramp Spam) were underwhelming. That is is to say it wasn't bad It's that the table were IMO Marathon tables. Can't say it isn't the same for all of Zen's table but on the whole the polish of the tables are far superior to FSs.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
This starts rolling out today for anyone interested. I will pick it up but might not start playing it for a week or two.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
This starts rolling out today for anyone interested. I will pick it up but might not start playing it for a week or two.

What formats / Country is it rolling out on today?

I know Android (UK) will be 30th April from the in game advertising.

Looking forward to these.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012

Masters of the Force trailer. This one was done by the guy who designed Fear Itself. Think I'm looking forward to this one more than the others but I'm eager to play all come next week.

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
this might be as good a place as any to ask - on a PS3, is there any reason to keep both apps - "Zen Pinball 2" and "Star Wars Pinball"? looks like the same set of sw tables in both.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
this might be as good a place as any to ask - on a PS3, is there any reason to keep both apps - "Zen Pinball 2" and "Star Wars Pinball"? looks like the same set of sw tables in both.

That depends. They are the same tables in either version on ps3. Difference is the Star Wars standalone has a few different features. It has "Force Score" instead of "Pro Score", which is an overall average of scores across all the tables, similar to HoF points in TPA. Of course, it only tracks the tables in the star wars version for that. The leaderboards are seperate from the same tables that are in zp2. And the Star Wars version also contains different trophy sets (for the most part) than those same tables in the Zp2 version. There are a couple more subtle differences, such as in game trophy comparisons by table amongst your friends, etc.

If you dont care about the little differences like that, or trophies, then you'll probably just want to keep them in your Zp2 game since that way all your Zen tables will be in one spot. However, if you want both, buy the Zp2 version first, and then you can import those tables to Star Wars version for free. I don't believe it works SW to Zp2 for importing tables.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
That depends. They are the same tables in either version on ps3. Difference is the Star Wars standalone has a few different features. It has "Force Score" instead of "Pro Score", which is an overall average of scores across all the tables, similar to HoF points in TPA. Of course, it only tracks the tables in the star wars version for that. The leaderboards are seperate from the same tables that are in zp2. And the Star Wars version also contains different trophy sets (for the most part) than those same tables in the Zp2 version. There are a couple more subtle differences, such as in game trophy comparisons by table amongst your friends, etc.

If you dont care about the little differences like that, or trophies, then you'll probably just want to keep them in your Zp2 game since that way all your Zen tables will be in one spot. However, if you want both, buy the Zp2 version first, and then you can import those tables to Star Wars version for free. I don't believe it works SW to Zp2 for importing tables.

awesome info, thanks! i guessed there were probably different scoreboards/etc going on... pretty inconsequential to me; i just like playing em. looking forward to the new sw set!

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
It works both ways. You only have to do that with Marvel Pinball, because the Marvel Pinball app doesn't have an import feature like Zen Pinball 2 does.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It works both ways. You only have to do that with Marvel Pinball, because the Marvel Pinball app doesn't have an import feature like Zen Pinball 2 does.

The tables on ZP2 and Star Wars Pinball are pretty much identical, but Marvel Pinball runs on an older graphics and physic engine. The most recent Marvel table, Doctor Strange, doesn't have a Marvel Pinball version. I'm assuming they're letting it die as it's outdated.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I just purchased the 4 new Star Wars tables but haven't played them yet. I play on iOS and my username is Eaton Beaver 3 so feel free to add me!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
My Thoughts:

Han Solo - Ugh, I honestly was looking forward to this table - but instead of being fun it is utterly tedious. While I enjoy the layout I absolutely loathe the rules, shooting a ramp 7 times just to lock a ball for multiball is pure outrage. The only objective I have ever completed was the Super Jackpot during the TIE attack. Really a shame, if they had made the rules simpler I would've enjoyed this game. 4/10

A New Hope - Currently one of my favorite Star Wars tables of all time. Certainly not as annoying as Return of the Jedi and has some great modes, love the center playfield (garbage compactor, trench run, stormtrooper, Obi Wan, Yavin). Also love the flow of the table. However I think that the "Choose your Skill Shot" gimmick is not too game-changing and it feels like the game thinks it is a big deal. 8/10

Star Wars: Droids - This one is so OK it's average. Kinda reminds me a bit of Super League Football except with a typical ruleset, extremely fast and flowing. However there is a lack of content, the only 5 modes are nothing compared to the ones in The Clone Wars or Return of the Jedi. Also I think the "add Wizard Mode perks" gimmick is way too overdone, if they could have replaced them with a Hurry-Up or another reward for each Droid that would've given the table more replay value. 6/10

Masters of the Force - I'm kinda split on this one. While I do enjoy the "change your side" aspects I feel the play field is a bit too cluttered (especially the dang bumper orbit which is impossible to shoot). At the same time there is a deep ruleset with loads of multiballs. However Force Rage Multiball is way too unbalanced with the Super Jackpots, got 60m from a 3x Super; ricocheted me to #1 on the PS4 leaderboards though. 7/10

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
My Thoughts:

Han Solo - Ugh, I honestly was looking forward to this table - but instead of being fun it is utterly tedious. While I enjoy the layout I absolutely loathe the rules, shooting a ramp 7 times just to lock a ball for multiball is pure outrage. The only objective I have ever completed was the Super Jackpot during the TIE attack. Really a shame, if they had made the rules simpler I would've enjoyed this game. 4/10

A New Hope - Currently one of my favorite Star Wars tables of all time. Certainly not as annoying as Return of the Jedi and has some great modes, love the center playfield (garbage compactor, trench run, stormtrooper, Obi Wan, Yavin). Also love the flow of the table. However I think that the "Choose your Skill Shot" gimmick is not too game-changing and it feels like the game thinks it is a big deal. 8/10

Star Wars: Droids - This one is so OK it's average. Kinda reminds me a bit of Super League Football except with a typical ruleset, extremely fast and flowing. However there is a lack of content, the only 5 modes are nothing compared to the ones in The Clone Wars or Return of the Jedi. Also I think the "add Wizard Mode perks" gimmick is way too overdone, if they could have replaced them with a Hurry-Up or another reward for each Droid that would've given the table more replay value. 6/10

Masters of the Force - I'm kinda split on this one. While I do enjoy the "change your side" aspects I feel the play field is a bit too cluttered (especially the dang bumper orbit which is impossible to shoot). At the same time there is a deep ruleset with loads of multiballs. However Force Rage Multiball is way too unbalanced with the Super Jackpots, got 60m from a 3x Super; ricocheted me to #1 on the PS4 leaderboards though. 7/10

I completely agree with your review but would give droids 7, and Masters 6 myself.

Initially quite disappointed with Han Solo table but it may grow on me.
They have tried to give it STTNG / CV style low & deep outlane walls which don't really work as they intended, but then also added stackable magna save on both outlanes which just makes this table very safe, very repetitive, and a little dull.
It has got the Millennium Falcon sat on the deck though. Fastest hunk of junk in the Galaxy.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
My Thoughts:

Respectable view.

I really like the Han Solo table. Locking the ball by shooting each ramp may be tedious but the amount of modes that you have to complete makes this table much more challenging than anticipated. I see at least 4 different MBs on this table. This table doesn't have much flow I think it just requires accurate shots which isn't bad IMO. It's a very cool table. But that's matter of opinion. 8/10

Episode IV - same designer as the other 2 episodes. There are stacked modes galore on this which is my favorite part of what this designer does with his tables. I've been mostly playing droids, Masters and solo so I wasn't able to delve to much into this table. i'm sure I will like it 7/10

Droids - Yes this table was designed by the same guy who did super league football. Personally I thought this table was going to be ramp spam but the timed modes to level up your droids find it quite interesting. Yes when in Wizard mode when you maxed the droids levels (7) you can get 30m point jackpots. There are other MB modes but the points for Jackpots are miniscule compared to completing the missions and getting to the wizard mode. It's one of those marathon table though so in order to rack up big points you'll have to sit for a while.6/10

Masters - This is my favorite of the pack. Mostly because of the challenge. Both Multi-balls Illusions and Force rage have the same scoring mechanism. you hit the Jedi holocron you get 5 million then 20m then 40m then hit the sink-hole for 60m. Thing is you have to hit the Jedi Holocron right at the center circle to do so. It's easier to lock the balls for Jedi Illusion yet harder to collect. hard to Lock the balls for force rage but easier to collect IMO. Love the fight modes depending on which ones you start. I've only started Emperor Vs Yoda and Darth Maul vs Qui gon etc. Have yet to complete it. 9/10

Initially both Han solo and Master was designed by the guy who did Fear Itself and Boba fett Which are some of the most challenging tables in the Zen line-up.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.